Secure Wi-Fi Essentials
Secure Wi-Fi Essentials
Secure Wi-Fi Essentials
The WatchGuard Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam evaluates your understanding of the general wireless concepts, Firebox wireless devices, and AP management, along with a Gateway Wireless Controller. It also screens your efficiency in managing wireless WatchGuard APs with the Wi-Fi Cloud.
Who should take the exam?
This exam is highly recommended for network administrators having prior experience with wireless networking and also AuthPoint deployment.
Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam Course Outline
The Secure Wi-Fi Essentials exam covers key concepts -
General Wireless Concepts
- Wireless standards and protocols
- Radio frequencies and bands
- Wireless LAN basics
- AP deployment best practices
- Firebox wireless devices
- Manage WatchGuard APs with the Gateway Wireless Controller on a Firebox Wi-Fi Cloud
- How to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with Discover
- Locations, floor plans, and configuration inheritance
- Components of a wireless deployment
- Wireless security modes and protocols
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS)
- Captive portals
- Engage and Analyze applications
Exam Format and Information
|Exam Name Secure Wi-Fi Essentials||Exam Code -|
|Exam Duration 120 mins||Exam Format Multiple Choice and Multi-Response Questions|
|Exam Type Networking||Number of Questions 50 Questions|
|Eligibility/Pre-Requisite NIL||Exam Fee $200 USD|
|Exam Language English||Pass Score 75% and above|
Secure Wi-Fi Essentials FAQs
If I fail the exam, can I retake it?
On failing the exam, WatchGuard offers you to retake your exam. You will have to pay a one-time retake fee of $100. However, other subsequent retake attempts will cost you $200. But, you can request a coupon code to receive a 50% retake discount, by sending an email on [email protected].
How to prepare for the Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Interview?
In the Secure Wi-Fi Essentials interview, you are required to have technical expertise in the field and the confidence and ability to portray the answers well.
Do you provide Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Certification Online Tutorial?
Watch Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Certification Online Tutorial focuses on skills including -
- Cloud services for enterprise AP management
- Patented WIPS security protection
- Compliance reporting and visibility
- Intelligent network visibility and troubleshooting with Discover
- Guest engagement and location-based analytics with Analyze
- Custom splash pages and marketing content for captive portals with Engage
How to pass Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Certification Exam?
The WatchGuard Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam evaluates your knowledge of general wireless concepts, Firebox wireless devices and AP management with a Gateway Wireless Controller, and how to manage wireless WatchGuard APs with WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud.
What are the learning resources to prepare for the Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam?
WatchGuard Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Certification exam is not an easy feat, you need access to the right learning resources to clear the exam.
- Instructor-Led Training
- Self-Study Materials
- Reference Book
- Online Tutorials and Study Guide
What is the Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam Format?
WatchGuard Wireless Security Subscriptions
- Basic Wi-Fi — It uses Gateway Wireless Controller on a Firebox for configuring, managing, and monitoring AuthPoints from the Firebox
- Secure Wi-Fi — It uses the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud for managing, securing, and monitoring AuthPoints
- Total Wi-Fi — It uses the WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud for managing, securing, and monitoring AuthPoints.
For more - Secure Wi-Fi Essentials Exam Format
Are special accommodations available for people with disabilities?
WatchGuard provides ADA accommodations upon request. Contact WatchGuard for further information.
What is the refund policy?
All refunds are granted by Kryterion. However, refunds are offered only when you cancel your exam with 72 hours’ notice.
What do I need to do if I have to cancel or reschedule my exam appointment?
The exam reschedule or cancel policy varies depending on the exam you are taking
- Online Proctored Exams: Up to the start time of the exam, without any additional cost
- Exams at Kryterion Test Centers: At least 72 hours before the exam start time. Otherwise, additional fees will be incurred
In case you miss your scheduled exam appointment, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Can I get my exam purchase receipt?
After purchasing the exam, you will automatically receive a confirmation email. This email will serve as your receipt. In case you want an actual invoice, you can get them from your Kryterion WatchGuard-branded Webassessor account. You can generate your receipt by going to the Generate Receipts button.
Can I get a detailed report of my exam answers?
To maintain the integrity of its exam, WatchGuard does not provide any detailed information on exam results. But it provides high-level feedback at the end of your exam.
What technical certifications does WatchGuard offer?
Presently, WatchGuard offers a total of three technical certification exams:
- Network Security Essentials – This exam encompasses the content similar to that covered in the Fireware Essentials. Moreover, it is also inclusive of Basic networking and Fireware topics, which includes multi-WAN, VLANs, and more related topics
- Secure Wi-Fi Essentials – This exam consists of the concepts of the basic wireless technology and Wi-Fi Cloud. In addition, it covers the understanding of the Fireware Gateway Wireless Controller and Wireless Firebox devices, as well
- Multi-Factor Authentication Essentials – This exam screens your abilities in basic concepts of the authentication technology. Also, it covers the methodology of setting up, configuring, and managing WatchGuard AuthPoint
When will I get my exam results?
You will get your exam results right after you complete the exam, on the screen. The result will also be emailed to you. On passing the exam the email message sent to you will also include a date-stamped certificate for your records.
How long will my certification be valid?
WatchGuard Certifications are valid only for a period of two years.
Can I use reference materials during a certification exam?
No, you are not allowed to carry any reference material or study aids while taking the exam.
What score is required to pass a WatchGuard certification exam?
You must score a minimum of 75% in order to pass the WatchGuard technical certification exam.
What do I need to bring with me when I take a certification exam at a Kryterion testing center?
Candidates are required to get two (2) types of personal identification (ID). Both these IDs should have your signature, and either or both the IDs should have your photo. Valid types of identification include –
- Current driver’s license
- Current passport
- Or any equivalent ID
Are there special requirements to take an online proctored exam?
Yes. WatchGuard recommends you to allow at least 24 hours between the time of scheduling your online proctored exam and the time of taking the exam. This is to ensure that you meet all requirements of the exam. Candidates can check detailed information on the exam requirements at the Kryterion Test Taker Guide.
How do I prepare for an exam?
WatchGuard provides candidates with an Exam Guide for each exam. This Exam Guide will be inclusive of a description of the exam, information on objectives of the exam, and a number of sample exam questions. WatchGuard also provides Study Guides. However, for the Study Guide, you must log in first. These guides are supplements to the basic recorded video training which is available on WatchGuard’s site.
Is there a registration fee for exams?
The exam fee for all WatchGuard certification exams is US $200. These fees can be paid by any major credit card. The additional tax will be incurred, depending upon the location of your testing center. You must create your own account and then register for the exam.
How do I register to take a technical certification exam?
You can register yourself for the exams in the Technical Training page. This page in available in the WatchGuard Portal (for Customers) or the Learning Center (for Partners). Another way to register is to visit the WatchGuard Exam Registration Site directly.
Where can I take a technical certification exam?
All the technical certification exams are offered by WatchGuard at authorized Kryterion testing centers around the world. However, if you find it inconvenient to travel to any testing center, WatchGuard provides you with an option of Kryterion’s online proctoring service. You can go for this online proctoring service to take your exam at your convenience.
Why Choose Us?
We are offering hundreds of UNIQUE practice questions for various certification exam.
Many hours of Training Videos for all Exam Objectives (100% Syllabus Covered)
Money Back Guarantee
We provide 100% Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our support team consists of Subject Matter Experts, ready to clarify all your questions.