Salesforce Platform App Builder Practice Exam
Salesforce Platform App Builder
About the Salesforce Platform App Builder Exam
The Salesforce Platform App Builder exam has been built for candidates who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in designing, building, and deploying custom applications using the declarative customization capabilities of the Lightning Platform. Also, the candidate will learn to create, manage, and update data models, application security, business logic, and process automation.
Some of the important concepts you should understand -
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Customize applications for mobile use
- Design reports and dashboards
- Deploy custom applications
Who should take the Salesforce Platform App Builder Exam?
The Salesforce Platform App Builder exam is suitable for an individual who has experience developing custom applications on the Lightning Platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives. The Salesforce Platform App Builder generally has 6 months to 1 year of experience building applications on the Lightning Platform and/or on a similar technology platform. The Salesforce Platform App Builder candidate has the experience, skills, and knowledge including -
- Familiarity with the capabilities of the Lightning Platform
- Awareness of Salesforce license types and related considerations
- Ability to design applications to support business processes and reporting requirements
- Familiarity with capabilities and customization used to enhance the mobile user experience
- Familiarity with the Salesforce development environments and the options available to deploy applications and manage changes on the Lightning Platform
- Comprehension of the resources listed in this exam guide and the additional required study materials provided by Salesforce
- Total Questions: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non-scored questions
- Exam Duration: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 63%
- Registration fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 100, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment. Click here for information on scheduling an exam.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: None; course attendance highly recommended
Exam Outline (Updated Syllabus)
The Salesforce Platform App Builder Exam covers the following topics -
Module 1 - Salesforce Fundamentals: 23%
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
- Apply features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution.
- Identify the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global, object-specific actions and layouts to optimize the Salesforce mobile user experience.
- Describe the customizations and use cases for Chatter.
Module 2 - Data Modeling and Management: 22%
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Given a scenario, explain the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
- Given a scenario, determine the considerations when selecting or changing a field data type.
- Explain the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Given a scenario, determine the options and considerations when importing and exporting data, including the capabilities of external data sources.
Module 3 - Business Logic and Process Automation: 28%
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of formula fields to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities, use cases, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of validation rules to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for approval processes.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for workflow, Flow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes while avoiding errors in automation.
Module 4 - User Interface: 17%
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Demonstrate the capabilities and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Given a scenario, determine the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Describe the programmatic customizations available for incorporating custom Lightning Components in an application.
Module 5 - App Deployment: 10%
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution for key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle and various types of Sandboxes.
- Given a use case, demonstrate knowledge, viability, and troubleshooting when using change sets.
- Describe the use cases and considerations when using unmanaged and managed packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference