Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Practice Exam
Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
About Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
As a Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer, you will experience analyzing the environment and requirements to design an appropriate governance framework. Also, you will learn to manage the development and deployment lifecycle on the Lightning Platform. As a Deployment designer, you will learn to design and implement complex development and deployment strategies, as well as communicating the proposed solution and design trade-offs to business and technical stakeholders alike.
Who should take the exam?
The Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam has been designed for candidates with the requisite skills and experience to manage Lightning Platform development and deployment activities. Also, the candidate should be able to effectively communicate technical solutions to business and technical stakeholders.
Some of the key skills and requirements to take Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam include -
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 2 to 3 years of Salesforce Platform experience
- 1 to 2 years of Salesforce experience working or managing Salesforce projects
- 1 to 2 years of experience working on a steering committee
- Completed at least one end-to-end software development lifecycle project
Typical Job Roles
- Technical Lead
- Developer Lead
- Project Manager
- Release Manager
- Environment Manager
- Technical Architect
As a Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer candidate learn, experience, skills, knowledge, and ability to -
- Communicate development methodologies and trade-offs.
- Provide alternatives to development methodologies.
- Ensure Governance through change management and release management.
- Ensure Governance in environment management.
- Develop and execute effective deployment strategies.
- Use technical tools to execute deployment strategies and environmental approaches.
- Describe the capabilities and characteristics of metadata API.
- Describe the capabilities and constraints of the tools available for accessing the Metadata API (Ant Migration Tool, Force.com IDE, and Change Sets).
- Describe source control and continuous integration, how they are used, and when they should be recommended.
- Utilize testing methodologies.
- Describe strategies to restore and back up.
- Understand deployment KPIs.
- Follow Salesforce release schedules and know how they may impact deployments and projects.
- Total Questions: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Exam Duration: 105 minutes
- Passing score: 68%
- Exam fee: USD 400, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment. Click here for information on scheduling an exam.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: None
The Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam covers the following topics -
1. Environments: 15%
- Given a customer landscape and their requirements, evaluate business, technical, and architectural considerations while defining an appropriate org strategy.
- Given a customer scenario, define an environment (sandbox) strategy that utilizes the correct sandbox types (for example; multiple project streams, training requirements, staging, production, and hotfixes).
- Apply map sandbox strategy to a specific Release Plan, taking into consideration multiple project streams, training requirements, staging, and hotfixes.
- Given a customer scenario involving a new Salesforce release, recommend the appropriate strategy to mitigate risk.
- Given a detailed customer environment scenario including a specific request, explain the implications for incorporating the request directly in a production environment.
- Given a customer scenario, explain how source control branching/versioning/merging can be used and recommend appropriate strategies.
2. Application Lifecycle Management: 15%
- Given the project risk and customer requirement, explain how to assess the benefits and risks of the different development methodologies and recommend the appropriate methodology based on the customer environment.
- Given a customer scenario, describe and recommend an appropriate release management strategy.
3. Testing: 15%
- Given a customer scenario, describe and recommend an appropriate testing methodology.
4. Governance: 15%
- Given a customer scenario, analyze and recommend the appropriate governance framework.
5. Risk Identification and Mitigation: 13%
- Understand customer environment risks and articulate appropriate mitigation strategies.
6. Change Sets: 5%
- Given a scenario, compare, contrast and recommend the components and tools of a successful deployment strategy.
7. Metadata API: 8%
- Given a scenario, describe the capabilities, limitations, and considerations when using the Metadata API for deployment.
8. Continuous Integration Techniques: 8%
- Given a complex customer scenario ability, identify the appropriate use of source control, automated test, and deployment tools and demonstrate the ability to articulate the process involved.
9. Methodology Tools: 3%
- Explain the advantages of using Agile tools to support an Agile development process.
10. Understanding Packages: 3%
- Given a scenario, analyze and explain the use cases and considerations when using managed vs. unmanaged packages.
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference