Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®) Practice Exam
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®)
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®) Product page
Registered Health Information Technicians are the authorities on handling the ins and outs of electronic health records (EHR) operations. From maintaining patient health reports to managing classifications to code and categorize patients’ tests and diagnosis for insurance billing persistence, RHITs excel in interacting with healthcare staff and external insurance spokespeople to guarantee that a patient’s journey is well documented. An RHIT also examines patient data, with the purpose of controlling healthcare costs and increasing patient care. Some RHITs specialize in coding or compiling data for particular diseases or illnesses.
Who should take this exam?
RHIT applicants must meet one of the following eligibility conditions:
- Successfully achieve the academic demands, at an associate's degree level, of a Health Information Management (HIM) program commissioned by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM); OR
- Bachelor from an HIM program recommended by a foreign association with which AHIMA has a reciprocity agreement.
The important topics covered in this exam are -
1. Domain 1 – Data Content, Structure, and Information Governance (24-28%)
● Applying health information guidelines.
● Apply healthcare standards (e.g. Joint Commission, Meaningful Use)
● Defining the legal health record
● Maintaining the integrity of the legal health record
● Audit content and completion of the legal health document (e.g. validate the document content)
● Maintain secondary health information (e.g. patient registration, financial records)
● Educate clinicians on documentation and content
● Coordinate document control (e.g. create, revise, standardize forms)
● Maintaining the MPI
2. Domain 2 – Access, Disclosure, Privacy, and Security (12-16%)
● Managing disclosure of PHI using regulations, laws, and guidelines (e.g. ROI, accounting of disclosures)
● Determine the right of access to the legal health record
● Educating internal customers (e.g. clinicians, staff, volunteers, students) on access, privacy, and disclosure
● Educating external customers (e.g. patients, attorneys) on privacy, access, and disclosure
● Assess health record disposition (retain, archive, or destroy)
● Conducting privacy audits
● Conducting security audits
3. Domain 3 – Data Analytics and Use (14-18%)
● Abstracting data
● Analyze data
● Analyzing privacy audits
● Analyze security audits
● Report data (e.g. registries, core measures)
● Compiling healthcare statistics and reports
● Analyze healthcare statistics (e.g. census productivity, resource allocation, delinquency rates)
4. Domain 4 – Revenue Cycle Management (14-18%)
● Code medical record documentation
● Querying clinicians
● Conducting utilization review
● Managing denials (e.g. coding or insurance)
● Conduct coding audits
● Providing coding education
● Monitor DNFB
● Analyzing the case-mix
5. Domain 5 – Compliance (13-17%)
● Refine departmental procedures
● Performing quality assessments
● Assessing risks (e.g. patient care, legal)
● Reporting health information noncompliance
● Ensuring HIM compliance (e.g. coding, ROI, CDI)
● Maintaining standards for HIM functions (e.g. chart completion, coding accuracy, ROI turnaround time, departmental workflow)
● Monitoring regulatory changes for timely and accurate implementation
6. Domain 6 – Leadership (11-15%)
● Providing education regarding HIM regulations and laws
● Reviewing HIM means
● Creating or modify HIM policies
● Creating or modify HIM procedures
● Establishing standards for HIM functions (e.g. coding accuracy, chart completion, ROI, turnaround time, departmental workflow)
● Collaborating with other departments for HIM interoperability
● Providing HIM technical expertise
- Exam Name: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT®)
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Exam Fee: $299 (non-member fee)
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice
- Passing score: 70%
- Time Given: 3.5 hours
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenarios.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference.
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.