AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Practice Exam
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
About AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
The certification exam for AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate is intended for professionals who perform a solutions architect role. The certification exam validates the candidates ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies. The objective of the certification is to validate -
- Individuals ability to define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
- Individuals ability to provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project.
Recommended knowledge for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- One year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services
- Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- Understanding of the basic architectural principles of building on the AWS Cloud
- Understanding of the AWS global infrastructure
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS an understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
Exam Pattern for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- Exam Code: SSA-C01
- Type of Questions: Multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions
- Exam Time: 130 minutes to complete the exam
- Exam available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
- Exam Result: Results for the examination are reported as a score from 100-1000, with a minimum passing score of 720.
Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures (34%)
1.1 Choose reliable/resilient storage.
1.2 Determine how to design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services.
1.3 Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution.
1.4 Determine how to design high availability and/or fault tolerant architectures.
Domain 2: Define Performant Architectures (24%)
2.1 Choose performant storage and databases.
2.2 Apply caching to improve performance.
2.3 Design solutions for elasticity and scalability.
Domain 3: Specify Secure Applications and Architectures (26%)
3.1 Determine how to secure application tiers.
3.2 Determine how to secure data.
3.3 Define the networking infrastructure for a single VPC application.
Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures (10%)
4.1 Determine how to design cost-optimized storage.
4.2 Determine how to design cost-optimized compute.
Domain 5: Define Operationally-Excellent Architectures (6%)
5.1 Choose design features in solutions that enable operational excellence.
FAQs on AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification
1. What is the prerequisite for taking Amazon Web Services Certification?
No, there is no prerequisite for Exam. Candidate can directly appear for the certification exam.
2. Are there any pre-requisites for taking Professional or Specialty exams?
In October 2018, Amazon has removed the pre-requisites to give candidates more flexibility. Candidates are no longer required to have an Associate certification before pursuing Professional certification, also there is no requirement to have Cloud Practitioner or Associate certification before pursuing Specialty certification. Yet it is suggested to pursue the recommended learning paths as they advance and validate their skills.
3. What are the benefits offered to AWS Certified individuals?
Apart from validating technical skills, AWS Certification gives tangible benefits to help showcase achievements for further advancement and gain AWS expertise.
4. Can we get a list of AWS Certified individuals?
5. How can we verify an individual’s certification status?
In order to verify a certificate, you can use the validation number on the bottom right of their certificate that can be verified on the website. The certification can also be verified by clicking an individual’s shared digital badge, which includes a link to help verify certification status.
6. What are the options to reschedule the exam if someone is not able to a scheduled appointment?
If you miss your scheduled exam appointment, you will forfeit the exam fee and are not eligible for a refund. You will not be able to register again for the exam until 24 hours after your missed exam time. Missing the exam does not result in a “fail” status.
Yes canceling or rescheduling is possible within 48 hours of the exam time with a fee of 60 USD. Note you will not be able to reschedule or cancel an exam within 24 hours of exam time. Also with more than 48 hours’ notice, there are no fees to cancel or reschedule your exam.
7. When do we get the exam results?
In a general scenario, Beta exam results are available in 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. Email notification for will be sent for exam results once the results are available in the AWS Certification Account.
The updated exams use a scale-scoring method through which candidate will receive an email confirmation for exam completion. The detailed exam results are made available within 5 business days of completing the exam on your AWS Certification Account under Previous Exams. But for exams using the original percentage scoring method, candidates are sent email after completing the exam, that includes detailed exam results.
*Note - On completing your exam, the testing screen displays pass or fail notification.
8. What kind of services and features are covered in an exam?
AWS Certification does not have a list of all services or features covered in a given certification exam. But the exam guide for each exam lists the current topic covered and course objectives.
9. What is the exam retake policy?
Candidates who are unable to clear the exam must wait for 14 days before they are eligible to retake the exam. Note, there is no limit on the number of exam attempts till the candidate finally passes the exam. But for each exam attempt, full registration price has to be paid. Beta exam test takers are eligible for one attempt only.
10. Where can we attend the AWS Certification exam?
We continually add new testing centers in the US and internationally. Contact PSI to request a testing center near you. List of available testing centers in the area with available dates and times during the exam scheduling process are shared. Candidate can view a full set of test centers, sign in to aws.training and click "Certification" in the top navigation and Next, click “AWS Certification Account,” followed by “Schedule and Manage Exams.” Enter the city or ZIP Code to see a list of available test centers near you.
11. How can a candidate register to take an AWS Certification exam?
To register for an exam, the candidate needs to sign in to aws.training and click “Certification” in the top navigation. Next, click “AWS Certification Account” followed by “Schedule New Exam."
12. How can we choose the right AWS Certification exam?
Go to aws.amazon.com/training to find the role-based learning path right for the candidate.
13. How can we purchase the exam voucher?
We do not provide an exam voucher for the certification exam. The exam voucher has to be directly purchased from Amazon. Cost of AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty Certification exam is $300; which is the same across countries.
14. Does Testprep Training offer Money Back Guarantee for the Exam Simulator?
Yes, we offer a 100% unconditional money back guarantee. In case you are not able to clear the exam for then, you can request for the full refund. Please note that we only refund the cost of product purchased from Testprep Training and not the AWS Certification Exam cost.
15. Is there any assistance from Testprep Training in terms of exam preparation?
Yes, Testprep Training offers email support for any certification related query while you are preparing for the exam using our practice exams. Your query will be handled by experts in due course.
16. Can we try the free test before purchasing the practice exam?
Yes, testprep training offers free practice tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification which can be used before the final purchase for the complete test.
17. Do you provide any preparation guidance for this certification exam?
Yes, our experts frequently blog about the tips and tricks for exam preparation.
18. Do you offer any discount on the bulk purchase?
Yes, we offer nearly 50% discount for the order more than 10 products at a time. You can reach the testprep training Helpdesk for more details. The member of the support staff will respond as soon as possible.
19. For how long is the license valid after purchase?
Once purchased, the practice exams can be accessed for the lifetime.
For more FAQs
What do we offer?
- 5 full-length mock test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference