Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Essentials (1Z0-598) Practice Exam
Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Essentials (1Z0-598)
About Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Essentials (1Z0-598)
1Z0-598 helps you in becoming Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Certified Implementation Specialist. This certification exam is designed for individuals who possess a strong foundation and expertise implementing and/or developing Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management solutions. This certification exam cover sections like devices & measuring components, service points & install events, measurements, time of use maps, VEE, usage, usage subscriptions, activities & dynamic options, aggregation, device events, and finally user interface and navigation. This certification is available to all candidates but is geared toward members of the Oracle PartnerNetwork.
The Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Essentials (1Z0-598) Exam covers the following topics -
1. Devices & Measuring Components
• Explain the concept of a device and the structures used to represent them
• Explain the concept of a measuring component and the structures used to represent them
• Explain the relationship between devices and measuring components
• Explain scalar and interval measuring components
• Explain the different types of measuring components
• Configure a new device type
• Configure a new measuring component type
• Configure a new device config type and associate a measuring component to a device
• Use the Duplicate feature to copy a device type or a measuring component type
• Use the Device Replicator to create copies of a device
• Explain the device configuration overview zone (with respect to devices, device configurations and measuring components)
• Explain the differences between initial measurements, final measurements, and usage
• Explain the high level process of loading measurements through to calculating usage
• Explain Initial Measurement Data including pre and post vee qualitities, scalar vs interval, SPI, condition flags, etc.
• Update final measurements manually
• Explain how and when the system normalizes final measurements
• Explain derived values and how they are associated with final measurements
• Configure a new derive value algorithm
• Navigate to and examine the algorithm that contains the logic for normalizing measurements
• Explain the Initial Load architecture at a high level including which parts of the initial load process MDM is responsible for.
• Explain the IMD Seeder BO, including lifecycle and rules, how the IMD Seeder derives head-end and measuring component information and how the "real" IMD BO is determined during load via the IMD Seeder process.
• Explain the difference between critical validations and validation rules, including when critical validations are executed and when validation rules are executed.
• Explain the VEE process, including the data preparation steps that are executed immediately prior to entering VEE processing, what data is passed into the VEE engine and what happens during VEE execution for a given IMD
• Configure new VEE Groups that contain base package VEE rules and apply a VEE group to a device or device type
• Configure eligibility criteria and criteria field value retrieval algorithms to determine if a rule should be applied
• Explain the types of comparison supported by the base package eligibility criteria BO, and what would need to be done to support additional comparisons.
• Configure factors (VEE Matrices) to invoke groups of rules
• Explain VEE Roles and the three main VEE Roles provide in the base package
• Explain the usage calculation process
• Explain the relationship between usage transactions and usage subscriptions
• Explain date breaks and usage periods
• Create a usage calculation group containing base package usage calculation rules to solve a business problem.
• Configure a call to a base package usage rule by changing its soft parameters
• Configure eligibility criteria for usage rules
• Configure a usage calculation rule to apply a TOU map and derive summed values for each bucket
• Configure the Apply Math (Interval Data) usage rule to perform mathematical operations on interval data.
• Configure the Usage Rule - Math usage rule to perform mathematical operations on service quantities
• Explain the concept of aggregations and describe which Bos are used to support aggregation functionality
• Explain the concepts of aggregation horizon and aggregation lag
• Manually create a new aggregator measuring component
• Configure a custom aggregation
• Explain the Trends and Total view and information available on aggregations
6. User Interface and Navigation
• Explain how the Current Context works with respect to contacts, usage subscriptions, service points, devices, measuring components, etc
• Use the 360 degree view screens to navigate between the different viewpoints (contact, usage subscription, service point, device, measuring component, etc)
• Change the available Final Value Overlay Profiles available for a given MC Type
• Change the available Event Bar Profile event bars displayed for a given MC Type
7. Service Points & Install Events
• Explain the concept of a service point
• Explain the concept of an install event and the relationship between devices and service points
• Explain service point hierarchies and when they should be used
• Explain service providers in the context of service points and market relationships
• Configure a new service point type
• Configure the set of valid device types for a given service point type
• Configure a custom Service Point BO
• Configure a new validation rule and plug it into an Install Event BO
• Explain when you would use a measurement cycle in MDM
• Explain the 3 batch processes that manage the measurement cycles
• Configure a new algorithm on the SP/Measurement Cycle BO to perform a cycle based function
8. Time of Use Maps
• Explain basic TOU concepts (i.e. their purpose)
• Explain a TOU Map Template and how it is used to generate TOU Map Data
• Explain the purpose of a work calendar
• Explain TOU Map Template interval size and how it relates to measuring component SPI
• Explain how and when the system applies TOU maps to final measurements
• Explain the ways that TOU maps are used across the application
• Explain the data structures used to represent TOU Maps
• Explain the performance implications of the base package covering index on the measurements table.
• Configure a new TOU Map Template, a TOU Map Type and a TOU Map
• Generate TOU map data and check for correctness
9. Usage Subscriptions
• Explain the concept of usage subscriptions
• Explain the possible relationships between measuring components, service points and usage subscriptions
• Explain what contacts represent
• Explain the role of service providers with regards to usage subscriptions
• Design and set up the admin data required to effectively configure a usage subscription
• Design and set up a service provider for a subscribing system
10. Activities & Dynamic Options
• Explain activities and define what they can be used to represent
• Explain dynamic options and their relationship to time of use maps
• Configure a new dynamic option type
• Apply a dynamic option to a TOU Map and create a Usage Transaction with the Dynamic Option TOU codes
11. Device Events
• Explain device events and what they are used to represent
• Explain event subscriptions
• Describe paird events and what they can be used to represent
• Configure the system to process device events for a specific type of customer
- Exam Name: Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2 Essentials
- Exam Code: 1Z0-598
- Number of Questions: 84
- Length of Time: 120 minutes
- Exam Fee: $245 USD
- Exam Language: English
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.