National Stock Exchange (NSE) is the leading stock exchange of India, located in Mumbai, established in the year 1992, as the first demutualized electronic exchange of the country. NSE, through its modern, fully automated screen based electronic trading system was able to easy the trading facility offered to its participants. With passage of time, NSE has become an integral part of the securities market & a leading exchange of the country.
What is NCFM?
NSE’s certification in Financial Markets (NCFM) is an online skills & certification program to enhance knowledge & skills amongst various participants of the securities market. Before the setting up of NISM, NCFM certifications were the corner stone of the minimum benchmark knowledge in the securities market. Moreover, all the employers made sure that their employees had cleared the necessary NCFM certification, relevant to their job role. The same was also the situation for “would be” employees.
These certification modules are divided into three broad categories including Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced, catering to students and professionals with varying levels of expertise in different knowledge areas. Each module deals with a certain specific area of finance domain and introduces students to fundamental principles and methodologies involved depending on which broad category that specific module comes under.
Exam Dates: Students can enroll online for a certification module of their choice and schedule the exam around the year.
Exam Eligibility: There are no special eligibility criteria to enrol for these NCFM modules except for fluency in English and basic computer literacy. Apart from that, no knowledge or experience in the financial sector is required to sit for these exams.
Certifications offered under NCFM
NCFM certification offers various subjects in the field of finance, ranging from
1. NCFM modules
- Foundation (12 certifications)
- Intermediate (26 certifications) &
- Advanced (12 certifications)
2. Proficiency Certificates
- NSE Certified Derivatives Pro (NCDP)
- NSE Certified Derivatives Champion (NCDC)
- NSE Certified Investment Analyst Pro (NCIAP)
- NSE Certified Investment Analyst Champion (NCIAC)
- NSE Certified Market Professional (NCMP)
3. NSE’s Capital Market Aptitude Test (NCMAT)
4. NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP) & Online NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (E – NCCMP)
5. Post Graduate Courses are offered by NSE through collaboration with various universities (8 courses)