ISTQB-CTAL-TA-Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst Practice Exam
ISTQB-CTAL-TA-Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst Certification
About ISTQB-CTAL-TA-Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst
The Advanced Level Test Analyst certification exam is a global exam for test analysts which are offered by ISTQB. The exam validates your skills in test management, documentation, test technique selection, test scheduling, risk assessment and team management.
The exam is widely acceptable in software testing function of companies across the world.
Who should take the exam?
Test analysts, quality managers, project managers and candidates having good experience and knowledge of software testing should take the exam. Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate is a pre-requisite for the exam.
The ISTQB-CTAL-TA-Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst covers the following topics -
1. The Test Analyst’s Tasks in the Test Process
1.2 Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle:
- Explain how and why the timing and level of involvement for the Test Analyst varies when working with different software development lifecycle models
1.3 Test Analysis
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting analysis activities
1.4 Test Design
- Explain why test conditions should be understood by the stakeholders
- For a given project scenario, select the appropriate design level for test cases (high-level or low-level)
- Explain the issues to be considered in test case design
1.5 Test Implementation
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test implementation activities
1.6 Test Execution
- Summarize the appropriate tasks for the Test Analyst when conducting test execution activities
2. The Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- For a given situation, participate in risk identification, perform risk assessment and propose appropriate risk mitigation
3. Test Techniques
3.2 Black-Box Test Techniques
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying equivalence partitioning
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying boundary value analysis
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying decision table testing
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying state transition testing
- Explain how classification tree diagrams support test techniques
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying pairwise testing
- Analyze a given specification item(s) and design test cases by applying use case testing
- Analyze a system, or its requirement specification, in order to determine likely types of defects to be found and select the appropriate black-box test technique(s)
3.3 Experience-Based Test Techniques
- Explain the principles of experience-based test techniques and the benefits and drawbacks compared to black-box and defect-based test techniques
- Identify exploratory tests from a given scenario
- Describe the application of defect-based test techniques and differentiate their use from black-box test techniques
3.4 Applying the Most Appropriate Test Techniques
- For a given project situation, determine which black-box or experience-based test techniques should be applied to achieve specific goals
4. Testing Software Quality Characteristics
4.2 Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Explain what test techniques are appropriate to test the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness
- Define the typical defects to be targeted for the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness characteristics
- Define when the functional completeness, correctness and appropriateness characteristics should be tested in the software development lifecycle
- Explain the approaches that would be suitable to verify and validate both the implementation of the usability requirements and the fulfillment of the user's expectations
- Explain the role of the Test Analyst in interoperability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted
- Explain the role of the Test Analyst in portability testing including identification of the defects to be targeted
- For a given set of requirements, determine the test conditions required to verify the functional and/or non-functional quality characteristics within the scope of the Test Analyst
5.2 Using Checklists in Reviews
- Identify problems in a requirements specification
- Identify problems in a user story
6. Test Tools and Automation
6.2 Keyword-Driven Automation
- For a given scenario determine the appropriate activities for a Test Analyst in a keyword-driven automation project
6.3 Types of Test Tools
- Explain the usage and types of test tools applied in test design, test data preparation and test execution
- Exam Name: ISTQB-CTAL-TA-Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst
- Exam Code: ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst
- Number of Questions: 40
- Length of Time: 180 Minutes
- Registration Fee:$151.00
- Passing score: 65%
- Exam Language English
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.