ISTQB Certified Tester Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE) Practice Exam
ISTQB Certified Tester Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)
The ISTQB® Certified Tester – Test Automation Engineer examination aims to develop advanced software skills. This certification will help you develop skills and knowledge which will help you in your career growth. You will get in-depth knowledge and understanding of concepts.
For the ISTQB® Certified Tester – Test Automation Engineer examination you need to must hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate
[ISTQB-CTFL] to sit for the Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer certification exam.
For the ISTQB® Certified Tester – Test Automation Engineer examination you are given 90 minutes to complete the examination. You are required to attempt 40 questions. Also, this exam will cost you around $229. To add on, the exam rescheduling fee is $90.
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
Purpose of Test Automation
- ALTA-E-1.1.1 (K2) Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation
Success Factors in Test Automation
- ALTA-E-1.2.1 (K2) Identify technical success factors of a test automation project
Preparing for Test Automation
SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- ALTA-E-2.1.1 (K4) Analyze a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution
Tool Evaluation and Selection
- ALTA-E-2.2.1 (K4) Analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations
Design for Testability and Automation
- ALTA-E-2.3.1 (K2) Understand “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods applicable to the SUT
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
Introduction to gTAA
- ALTA-E-3.1.1 (K2) Explain the structure of the gTAA
- ALTA-E-3.2.1 (K4) Design the appropriate TAA for a given project
- ALTA-E-3.2.2 (K2) Explain the role that layers play within a TAA
- ALTA-E-3.2.3 (K2) Understand design considerations for a TAA
- ALTA-E-3.2.4 (K4) Analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given TAS
- ALTA-E-3.3.1 (K3) Apply components of the generic TAA (gTAA) to construct a purpose-built TAA
- ALTA-E-3.3.2 (K2) Explain the factors to be considered when identifying the reusability of components
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- ALTA-E-4.1.1 (K3) Apply guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities
Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- ALTA-E-4.2.1 (K4) Analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies
Test Automation Maintenance
- ALTA-E-4.3.1 (K2) Understand which factors support and affect TAS maintainability
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
Selection of TAS Metrics
- ALTA-E-5.1.1 (K2) Classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness
Implementation of Measurement
- ALTA-E-5.2.1 (K3) Implement metrics collection methods to support technical and management requirements. Explain how the measurement of the test automation can be implemented.
Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- ALTA-E-5.3.1 (K4) Analyze test logging of both TAS and SUT data
Test Automation Reporting
- ALTA-E-5.4.1 (K2) Explain how a test execution report is constructed and published
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
Criteria for Automation
- ALTA-E-6.1.1 (K3) Apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation
- ALTA-E-6.1.2 (K2) Understand the factors in transitioning from manual to automation testing
Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- ALTA-E-6.2.1 (K2) Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing
Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- ALTA-E-6.3.1 (K2) Explain the factors to consider in implementing automation within new feature testing
Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
- ALTA-E-6.4.1 (K2) Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated confirmation testing
Verifying the TAS
Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- ALTA-E-7.1.1 (K3) Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup
Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- ALTA-E-7.2.1 (K3) Verify the correct behavior for a given automated test script and/or test suite
Options for Improving Test Automation
- ALTA-E-8.1.1 (K4) Analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement
Adapting Test Automation to the environment and SUT changes
- ALTA-E-8.2.1 (K4) Analyze the automated testware, including test environment components, tools, and supporting function libraries, in order to understand where consolidation and updates should be made following a given set of test environment or SUT changes
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- The in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference