Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Practice Exam
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Practice Exam)
About the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Practice Exam)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Practice Exam is the world’s largest assessment program for graduate admissions. More than a half-million individuals take the GRE General Test in over 1,000 test centers in 160 countries every year, and scores are accepted at thousands of graduate programs around the world, for masters and doctoral degrees. More than 1,200 business schools around the world accept the GRE, including top-ranked MBA programs according to The Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Bloomberg Businessweek. Some law schools in the US also accept GRE scores, including a few of the very best schools such as Harvard, Columbia, Georgetown, and Northwestern.
- Exam Name: GRE
- Official Website : https://www.ets.org/gre
- GRE usage: MS courses in USA and MBA courses outside India
- Conducted by: ETS (Educational Testing Service)
- Mode of Exam : Computer and Paper – delivered test
- GRE Fee: US $205
- Score Range: Verbal Reasoning score range: 130–170
- Quantitative Reasoning score range: 130–170
- Analytical Writing score range: 0–6
GRE conducts subject tests as well, apart from the basic GRE exam. These subject tests help to make your application stand out from the rest by highlighting your subject knowledge and skill level of a particular subject. Each subject test is intended for students who have a bachelor's degree in particular disciplines. At present the subject tests being offered currently are Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standardized test that is required to be taken by students seeking admission to graduate schools. GRE exam has been developed to evaluate the verbal, analytical and mathematical skills of the candidates. GRE is a computer-based test and has a user-friendly design. Individuals applying to graduate schools in order to pursue a Masters of Science (MS) or MBA are required to take the exam.
Note - In case you are applying for MS courses in the US in particular, please be sure that colleges do not have any minimum ‘cutoff’ marks required for admission. However, you still need to have an idea about average GRE scores across Top US universities. In addition to this, candidates' also need to confirm if they need to give IELTS and TOEFL together with GRE.
GRE Eligibility Criterion
There are no specific eligibility criteria for the GRE exam. Anyone can register for this exam, irrespective of age or qualifications. The only thing you need to keep in mind is the fact that you will be required to produce your original passport as proof of identity at the exam center, so make sure that you have a valid passport before you register for the GRE exam.
GRE or Graduate Record Examination is undertaken for admission to Graduate Programmes abroad.
- Candidates who plan to appear for GRE are required to have successfully completed their Undergraduate course to be eligible for GRE.
- Students can register for the exam irrespective of age and qualification.
- Candidates should note that not all courses and universities require candidates to have a GRE score for their Graduate Programme. The requirement for GRE is entirely dependent on the university and the course being applied for.
GRE General Test
Candidates looking for admission in MS courses in different fields in the US and various other countries appear for GRE General Test. GRE General Test evaluates the candidates analytical writing skills, quantitative ability, and verbal reasoning skills. Exams are conducted around the year, and candidates can appear for the general test as per their convenience. Majority of the students opt for this test since most of the universities world over accept this exam.
GRE Subject Test
GRE Subject Test evaluates the candidates’ ability on a particular subject. The subject tests are conducted for the given areas - Mathematics, Literature (English), Physics and Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, and Biochemistry (Cell and Molecular Biology). Generally, this test is required for getting admission in specialized courses. Apart from this, this test is conducted only thrice a year in April, September, and October and is available only in paper delivered format.
GRE Exam Fees Structure
- Application fee for GRE General Test is $205 worldwide (Approximately Rs. 13,500 to Rs. 14,500)
- GRE Subject Test costs $150 worldwide (Approximately Rs. 10,000 to 11,000).
- Candidates have to pay for special handling requests such as - Late registration fee: $25; Standby testing: $25; Rescheduling fee: $50;Changing the test center: $50
- Apart from this, candidates are charged $50 if they want to change a subject in the subject test.
How to Register for GRE?
- Candidates need to create an ETS account.
- Select the type of GRE exam you want to take – GRE General or GRE subject test.
- Select the date and location for the GRE Exam.
- Provide your academic details.
- Proceed ahead and pay registration fees
GRE Exam Pattern
There are three sections, namely,
- Analytical Writing: The Analytical Writing section will always be the first
- Verbal Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and unscored sections may appear in any order
- Quantitative Reasoning
Along with the time duration difference, the pattern also differs for paper-based and online exams.
GRE (Paper Based) Sections
- Analytical Writing - 2 sections- 2 tasks (60 minutes)
- Verbal Reasoning - 2 sections- 50 questions (70 minutes)
- Quantitative Reasoning - 2 sections - 50 questions (80 minutes)
GRE (Computer Based) Sections
- Analytical Writing - 1 section- two tasks (60 minutes)
- Verbal Reasoning - 2 section - 40 questions (60 minutes)
- Quantitative Reasoning - 2 sections - 40 questions (70 minutes)
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference