CompTIA A+ (220-901) Practice Exam - RETIRED
Comptia A+ 220-901 Certification
About Comptia A+ 220-901 Certification
CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues. CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. It is about much more than PC repair.
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
CompTIA A+ Exam Codes 220-1001 & 220-1002 (Core 1 & Core 2) will be available January 15, 2019. The new CompTIA A+ Core Series covers expanded content on these growing parts of the IT support role including an expansion of baseline security topics and a different approach in defining competency in operational procedures.
Exam Pattern for CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification
- Recommended Experience: 9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field
- Passing Score: 675 (on a scale of 900)
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes per exam
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions per exam
Who can take this exam?
- LAN support specialists
- Help desk technicians
- Computer technicians
Course Structure for CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification
- Peripherals and Adapters
- System Components
- Troubleshooting and Mobile Devices
- Printer and Network Hardware
FAQs on CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification
1. Why is a new exam version being released?
The evolution and the impact of technology on the world of work is carefully tracked by CompTIA. Together with industry we continuously review how trends change the roles that CompTIA A+ certifies – those focused on IT technical support and operations – and work to adapt the certification to industry workforce needs. The 900 series is a reflection of the current knowledge and skills needed by today’s IT professionals.
2. Where is the exam available?
As of 15-Dec-2015 CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams are available worldwide. To certify, locate a Pearson VUE testing center and purchase your exam voucher through the CompTIA Marketplace.
3. Do I have to complete 802 if I complete 801, or can I take 902 instead?
Mixing and matching between different series isn't recognized or supported by us. So, you must take (and pass) exams from the same series, i.e., either 801 and 802 OR 901 and 902.
4. How does that compare to the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exams? What number of performance-based questions (PBQs) are on the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams?
We do not make public the exact number of PBQs on a given exam, but we encourage you to use the objectives as a guide in your preparation. Objectives with an emphasis on practical application, that is, on using knowledge to accomplish a specific task within a given scenario are likely to be best tested utilizing a performance-based item.
5. What’s covered on the CompTIA A+ 900 series?
Please see the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exam objectives to learn more about what’s covered in the 900 series. At a high level, the exams include:
- Operating Systems
- IT Operations
- Technical Support
6. Should I earn my CompTIA certification with CompTIA 220- 901 & 220-902 or with CompTIA 220-801 & 220- 802?
IF currently, you're studying to take the CompTIA 220-801 and 220-802 exams you should complete both exams prior to the 800 series retirement date of 30-Jun-2016.
7. Does Testprep Training offer Money Back Guarantee for the Exam Simulator?
Yes, we offer a 100% unconditional money back guarantee. In case you are not able to clear the exam for then you can request for the full refund. Please note that we only refund the cost of product purchased from Testprep Training and not from the Microsoft Learning.
8. Is there any assistance from Testprep Training in terms of exam preparation?
Yes, Testprep Training offers email support for any certification related query while you are preparing for the exam using our practice exams. Your query will be handled by experts in due course.
9. Can we try the free test before purchasing the practice exam?
Yes, testprep training offers free practice tests for CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification which can be used before the final purchase for a complete test.
10. Do you provide any preparation guidance for this certification exam?
Yes, our experts frequently blog about the tips and tricks for exam preparation.
11. Do you offer any discount on the bulk purchase?
Yes, we offer nearly 50% discount for the order more than 10 products at a time. You can reach the testprep training Helpdesk for more details. The member of support staff will respond as soon as possible.
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference