Chartered Trust and Estate Planner® (CTEP®) Practice Exam
Chartered Trust and Estate Planner® (CTEP®)
About Chartered Trust and Estate Planner Certification
The curriculum for the Chartered Trust and Estate Planner is based on trust and estate planning for resident and non-resident clients. This core group of graduate topics focuses on the major functional issues of high net-worth consulting, ranging from tax, finance to law. The course will cover such planning obstacles as Common Law vs. Civil Law jurisdictions, non-resident alien spouses, and tangible and intangible assets in multiple jurisdictions.
Who should take the exam?
The exam is most suitable for the candidate belonging or desiring to become the following-
• Trust Officers
• Hedge Fund Managers
• Family Office Managers
• Private Bankers
• Wealth Managers
• Retail Branch Managers
• Brokerage and Market Analysts
• Investment Advisors and Financial Planners
• Investment Managers and Analysts
• Stock Market Professionals
• Portfolio and Asset Managers
• Financial Marketing Professionals
• Heads of Financial Accounts
• Operation and Planning Managers
1. Personal Financial Planning, Estates, and Risk Management
• Introduction to Offshore Variable Life Insurance
• Offshore Holding Structures
• Asset Protection Benefits
• Investment Management Benefits and Flexibility
• Tax Benefits
• The IRC 953 (d) Election
• Diversification and Investor Control
• Due Diligence Requirements
• Gathering Information
• Prequalification and Placing the Offshore Policy
2. The Law of Trusts and Fiduciary Obligations
• Uses of trusts.
• Distinction between a trust and a power.
• Discretionary trusts.
• Certainty, the beneficiary principle and purpose trusts.
• Charitable trusts.
• Unincorporated associations and pension funds.
• Secret trusts and mutual wills.
• Resulting and constructive trusts.
• Breach of trust. Breach of fiduciary duty.
• Tracing, and strangers to the trust.
• Appointment and removal of trustees.
• Duties of trustees.
• Termination and variation of trusts.
3. International Estate Planning
• Income, Gift and Estate Taxation and Planning
• Charitable contribution deduction under U.S. tax laws
• Taxation of non-residents and non-domiliciaries
4. International Anti-Avoidance and Tax Treaties
• Anti-avoidance provisions
• The current state of the law in selected countries
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.