Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Practice Exam
Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
About Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
The Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) is a base to mid-grade professional certification advocated for the government financial managers. The CGFM verifies an individual’s knowledge and skills of governmental auditing, accounting, financial reporting, budgeting at the federal and internal controls, state and local levels. The CGFM is the examination used by the AGA to certify the professional government financial executives. This examination is designed to give a set of norms in the financial ethics and expertise that all professionals in the field are held to.
Who should take the exam?
Those who are applying for the CGFM exam must have a minimum of two years of expert-level knowledge in government financial management. To sit in any of the CGFM examinations, the candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university or college. The Candidates and those certified should accept to bind to the AGA's Code of Ethics.
The Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Exam covers the following -
Examination 1: Government Environment (GE)
1. The organization, authority and structure of government (15%)
● An understanding of the levels of government: federal, state and local
● An understanding of the outlets of government – executive, legislative, judicial including:
● Ascertain an understanding of the elements of the state, federal, and local governments (e.g., accountability agencies and central management, departments, bureaus, agencies, commissions, divisions).
● Gives an understanding of the responsibilities and authorities of the government (for e.g., and departmental and government-wide)
2. The legally-based significance of the government financial environment (15%)
● Demonstrating an understanding of the significance of sovereignty in the grades of the government
● The knowledge related to the budget
● Giving an insight into how establishing funds or dedicated revenues helps to fulfil legal requirements.
● Also, an understanding of the legislative “earmarking”.
3. Government management unicycle (16%)
● The components of government management include strategic planning, budgeting, programming, operations, reporting, accounting, and auditing.
● The interrelationships across the factors of the government management system.
● Also, the importance of the data in the government management system..
4. Governmental financing procedure (24%)
● A comprehension of the part of taxation
● Knowledge of intergovernmental revenues
● Demonstrating an understanding of forms of financing
● An understanding of the debt
5. Identifying definitions, and the notions of public accountability (12%)
● The signification and aim of accountability in the government environment.
● The key attributes of accountability (e.g., organization structure, disclosure reporting), and their interrelations.
● Components for which the government should be responsible (e.g., financial, performance, compliance, effectiveness and efficiency, stewardship of assets).
● The basic stakeholders in accountability (e.g., taxpayers, other governments, creditors, investors, legislators, future generations, underwriters).
● The communities that help to build and sustain accountability (e.g., media, legislative bodies, management, employees, analysts, taxpayers).
● The techniques used to manifest, prove and assess accountability and transparency (e.g., performance reports, audit reports, oversight hearings, program evaluations, electronic reports, service efforts and accomplishment reports).
● The techniques used to assess fiscal sustainability and solvency.
● Concepts of open government, data transparency and citizen-centric reporting.
6. Ethics as implemented to the governmental environment (10%)
7. Delivering government information and services electronically (8%)
Examination 2: Governmental Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting (GAFRB)
1. Governmental financial reporting, accounting, and budgeting general knowledge (40%)
● Influences, concepts of financial reporting and standards-setting.
● Cost accounting.
● General principles.
2. Local and State financial reporting and accounting (30%)
● Financial reporting and accounting standards.
● Reporting and fund accounting.
● Government throughout financial reporting.
● Accounting for a specific asset and reporting for liability transactions.
● Revenue, expenditures and other operating statement proceedings.
3. Federal financial reporting and accounting (30%)
● Federal budgeting.
● Federal budgetary accounting.
● Federal reporting foundations and financial accounting.
● Federal financial management and statements discussion and analysis.
● Federal financial accounting illustrations and standards.
Examination 3: Governmental Financial Management and Control (GFMC)
1. Financial management (25%)
● Cash management.
● Investment management.
● Credit management.
● Acquisition management and procurement.
● Property management.
● Supply and Inventory management.
● Financial management systems.
2. Managerial and Financial Analysis Techniques (15%)
3. Internal dominance (25%)
● The regulatory and legal history of internal controls.
● The frame of the internal controls.
● Management and responsibilities.
4. Performance management//service attempt and accomplishments (15%)
● The principle for performance measurement.
● Characteristics, types, and limitations of the performance measures.
● The record of performance measures, including current guidelines and requirements.
5. Auditing (20%)
● What is an audit?
● Audit procedure.
● Other audit issues.
- Exam Name: Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Number of Questions: 115
- Length of Time: 135 minutes
- Registration Fee: $125
- Passing score: 500 (on a scale of 200-700)
What do we offer?
● Full-Length Mock Test with ideal questions in each test set
● Practice objective questions with the section-wise scores
● An exhaustive and in-depth explanation for each and every question
● Trustworthy exam reports evaluating weaknesses and strengths
● Latest Questions with an updated version
● Tips & Tricks to crack the test
● Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
● Practice exams questions have been organized by the professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenarios.
● Practice exams have been formed on the basis of content defined in the official documentation.
● Each and every set in the practice exam comprises unique questions built with the intention to provide real-time knowledge to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
● Practice exams assist to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to pass the exam.
● You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.