C9060-528 IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Administration Practice Exam
C9060-528 IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Administration
About IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Administration
This exam is designed for an individual who has extensive knowledge, training, and experience of storage management, specifically of the features and functionality of IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1. This administrator is capable of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to daily management, operations, security, performance, installation and configuration of enhancements, customizations and/or problem determination. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Prerequisite for the exam
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
• Backup methodologies (incremental, selective, image, progressive, on-site, off-site, etc.)
• Basic storage device knowledge (disk, tape, containers, NAS, etc.)
• Basic hardware knowledge (server, CPU, memory, etc.)
• Working problem determination skill
• Basic operating systems knowledge including virtual environments
• Basic networking knowledge (LAN, SAN, WAN)
• Basic knowledge of DB2
• Basic knowledge of cloud architecture
1. IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Concepts
• List IBM Spectrum Protect V 8.1.0 server components
• Describe Spectrum Protect V8.1 client components
• Describe the different IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1 data management methodologies such as: progressive incremental, differential, full
• Describe IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1 server (critical - most typical/relevant) processes
• Describe Spectrum Protect V8.1 Operations Center tasks/functions
• Describe IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 monitoring and alerting
• Explain IBM Spectrum Protect V 8.1.0 deduplication (inline/client side)
• Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect for Databases and IBM Spectrum Protect for Mail
• Describe the data protection methods available in IBM Spectrum Protect for virtual environments
• Describe IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1 Windows/UNIX backup/archive client automatic deployment.
• Explain Node Replication feature in IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1
• Describe IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 multiple data streams for database backup and restore
• Explain IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.0 Policy management
2. IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Daily Operations
• Monitor ongoing health of the IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 environment using the IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Operations Center
• Monitor/ schedule client operations
• Monitoring and scheduling housekeeping operations
• Rotate tapes offsite (DR media management)
3. IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Server Management
• Monitor and manage IBM Spectrum Protect database and recovery log usage
• Protect the storage pools +$Manage Node Replication
• Manage device classes and storage pools including active data pools, deduplication pools, simultaneous write during storage pool migration, and data shredding
• Manage policy domain, policy sets, management class, and copy groups
• Manage library, drives, and paths
• Configure, monitor and manage server-to-server communication tasks in a IBM Spectrum Protect server netrwork
• Manage disaster recovery (DR) components, DR plan file, and off-site media
• Describe client node management in IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1
• Protect the IBM Spectrum Protect Database
• Manage administrative users (add, delete and provide privileges).
• Monitor the data reduction ratio
• Repair damaged data in a directory container
• Manage replicated data with policies that are defined on the targetreplication server
• Configure daily or monthly reports regarding server operations.
4. IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Client Management
• Install IBM Spectrum Protect backup/archive clients and configure the option files
• Manage IBM Spectrum Protect client component and services (e.g., configure and manage a BA client scheduler, web access, journal daemon or journal engine service etc.)
• Manage Spectrum Protect V8.1 client security and encryption (e.g., configure Spectrum Protect V8.1client behind a proxy server or firewall, password encryption, client data encryption, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), etc.)
• Configure alternative IBM Spectrum Protect backup/archive methodologies (e.g., configure IBM Spectrum Protect journal based backup, Image backup, Inline deduplication, configure data archive, etc.)
• Configure IBM Spectrum Protect LAN-free backup restore
• Manage and configure IBM Spectrum Protect for NDMP communication
• Configure an IBM Spectrum Protect Client for Node Replication
• Manage IBM Spectrum Protect client/node authorization
• Recover IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 client data (Backup/Archive data)
• Manage client data (Decommission a client node; move data between storage pools; move node data)
5. IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Performance and Problem Determination
• Identify/analyze IBM Spectrum Protect Server problems
• Identify/analyze errors reported in IBM Spectrum Protect client logs
• Tune IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 server for better performance (e.g., reclamation, expiration, migration, IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 server database backup, IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 server settings and recommend network changes to support and tune IBM Spectrum Protect DB2 table and index reorgs, etc.).
• Tune IBM Spectrum Protect Client for better performance (e.g., resourceutilization, memoryefficient, compression, deduplication, recommend network changes to support and tune IBM Spectrum Protect, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and tune IBM Spectrum Protect LAN-free client configuration
• Troubleshoot Spectrum Protect V8.1 client using Spectrum Protect V8.1 Client Management Services
• Analyze Operating System error reporting or perfmon logs
- Exam Name: IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1 Administration
- Exam Code: C9060-528
- Length of Time: 90 Minutes
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.