Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) Practice Exam
Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) Practice Exam
About Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) Practice Exam
The Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) exam has been built to confirm a candidates core competencies related to the skills and scenarios often encountered by bid and proposal professionals.
- Learn to use the latest best practices for proposal and bid management.
- Understand and improve client management and negotiation planning skills.
- Understand and identify related suppliers and partners needed for a proposal.
- Learn to implement information research and management, planning, development and sales orientation
What are the prerequisites to take the exam?
For taking Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) exam candidates are required to have a minimum of one year's experience working in a bid and proposals related environment - verified by a reference of your choosing.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of proposal planning and development.
- Develop the ability to write persuasive proposals.
- Learn and develop the ability to interface directly with internal clients or external customers.
- Gain knowledge of contemporary sales methodologies.
- Exam Format: Multiple choice Questions
- Total Questions: 75 questions per paper
- Passing score: 56% and above (42/75)
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Exam Type: Open book, unrestricted materials
The Association for Proposal Management Professional (APMP) Exam covers the following topics -
MODULE 1 - DESCRIBE INFORMATION RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT
Explain about Information Gathering
- Learn to Identify gaps in information.
- Learn to utilize senior-level connections/networks to gather information
Explain about Knowledge Management
- Learn to add and use to and manage the knowledge base.
- Learn about existing internal and external knowledge sources for bids.
MODULE 2 -DESCRIBE PLANNING
Explain Schedule Development
- Learn to Use multiple tools and methodologies to develop a proposal schedule.
- Learn to examine customer timescales and estimate the resources needed to implement a proposal.
- Learn to develop a cost estimate for a routine proposal.
MODULE 3 - DESCRIBE PROCESS OF DEVELOPMENT
- Explain Opportunity Qualification
- Learn to Use multiple qualification tools to provide objective data for an initial opportunity qualification decision.
- Learn and Manage the bid decision process.
- Learn to use consistent methodologies and tools to qualify opportunities.
- Learn to present data objectively validated using consistent methologies at a qualification meeting
- Learn to Contribute to continuous qualification decisions
Explain Winning Price Development
- Learn to Lead the development of a business case for positioning customer expectations.
- Learn and identify values to present to the customer in meetings, in the proposal, and in the presentation.
- Understand the difference between value and price in the proposal.
Explain Teaming Partner Identification
- Learn to utilize analysis tools to use internal and/or external teaming partners.
- Learn to assist in identifying suitable internal and/or external partners.
Explain Proposal Strategy Development
- Learn and Identify multiple analysis tools for developing a proposal strategy.
- Learn to schedule proposal strategy development.
- Learn to use analysis tools for evaluating customer perception of the organization
- Learn to use analysis tools for identifying the positive and negative discriminators of the organization
- Learn and develop proposal strategy statements to “ghost” the competition.
Explain Executive Summary Development
- Learn and identify the key elements for developing a customer-focused executive summary.
- Learn to use the executive summary as a proposal briefing tool for others.
- Learn to lead and collaborate in writing the early executive summary
Explain Content Plan Development
- Learn and Identify methods to plan content for proposals.
- Learn to use multiple content planning tools for various sizes and types of proposals.
- Understand the benefits and appropriate use of content plans.
- Learn to lead the development and completion of early content plans.
Explain Requirements Identification
- Learn and identify documented customer requirements.
- Learn and identify requirements from customer meetings and documents.
Explain Compliance Checklist
- Learn and develop Strip complex needs from documents issued by the customer.
- Learn to build compliance matrices for both complex and non-complex solutions.
Explain Persuasive Writing
- Learn and identify multiple persuasive writing techniques suitable for proposals.'
- Learn and apply principles of persuasion in a proposal setting.
- Learn and apply distinct persuasive writing techniques for different types of audiences.
- Learn the benefits of developing persuasive strategies for proposals.
- Learn the difference between active and passive voice and use each in writing.
- Learn the principles of writing clearly and apply them in writing.
- Learn the benefits of designing structured documents and apply them in writing
Explain Graphics Development
- Learn to write customer-focused action captions.
- Learn to validate the effectiveness of a graphic based on an illustration and action caption.
- Learn to highlight benefits and discriminators within graphics.
- Understand the copyright laws regarding graphic and content use in proposals.
- Learn the basic design principles.
MODULE 4 - DESCRIBE MANAGEMENT
Understand Review Management
- Overview of the objectives and benefits of common functional reviews.
- Learn to organize and participate in common functional reviews.
- Learn to assemble and present information relevant to the review purpose.
- Learn and ensure feedback from reviews is acted upon, monitored, and closed.
Understand Kickoff Meeting Management
- Learn to prepare agenda and documentation for kickoff meetings.
- Learn to brief kickoff meeting attendees
- Learn and enlist appropriate senior managers for emphasizing the importance of a proposal
Understand Risk Management
- Learn to identify proposal development risks within the schedule.
- Learn to establish a proposal development risk management strategy.
- Learn to execute the proposal development risk management strategy
Understand Production Management
- Learn to plan and schedule the resource, infrastructure, and time required for proposal production.
- Learn to manage the process for proposal production.
- Learn to create templates for document styles, formats, and visuals.
Explain the Lessons Learned Analysis and Management
- Learn to obtain internal and external feedback on the proposal.
Explain Process Management
- Learn the key elements of the proposal development process.
- Learn and understand the activities for supporting the key elements of the proposal development process.
- Learn to Adapt processes for promoting work in different situations and opportunities.
- Learn to lead and drive process improvement
Explain Virtual Team Management
- Learn and choose tools for managing the virtual proposal process.
- Learn to organize and lead virtual proposal reviews.
- Learn to manage team deadlines.
- Learn to plan workflow for accommodating multiple regions and time zones.
- Learn to organize and manage virtual files.
MODULE 5 - DESCRIBE SALES ORIENTATION
Explain Opportunity/ Capture Plan Development
- Explain business development lifecycle
- Learn to use opportunity/capture plan strategies for driving the development of a proposal strategy within the writing plan.
Explain Sales Participation
- Understand sales methodologies.
- Learn to participate in customer meetings.
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real-time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference