ACT Reading Practice Exam
About ACT Reading
ACT reading test measures candidates reading comprehension. The exam questions ask you to derive meaning from several texts by (1) referring to what is explicitly stated and (2) reasoning to determine implicit meanings.
In the exam, questions will ask you to use referring and reasoning skills:
- To determine main ideas
- Locate and interpret significant details
- Understand sequences of events
- Make comparisons
- Comprehend cause-effect relationships
- Determine the meaning of context-dependent words, phrases, and statements
- Draw generalizations
- Analyze the author or narrator’s voice and method.
Who should take the exam?
This exam is for candidates of all grade levels are that includes students in grades 6, 7, 8, and 9 and high school graduates.
1. Key Ideas and Details (55–60%)
• In this, read texts closely to determine central ideas and themes.
• Summarize information and ideas accurately.
• Read closely to understand relationships and draw logical inferences and conclusions including understanding sequential, comparative, and cause-effect relationships.
2. Craft and Structure (25–30%)
• Determine word and phrase meanings, analyze an author’s word choice rhetorically, analyze text structure, understand authorial purpose and perspective, and analyze characters’ points of view.
• Students have to interpret authorial decisions rhetorically and differentiate between various perspectives and sources of information.
3. Integration of Knowledge and Ideas (13–18%)
• Understand authors’ claims, differentiate between facts and opinions, and use evidence to make connections between different texts that are related by topic.
• Some questions will require analyze how authors construct arguments, evaluating reasoning and evidence from various sources.
- Exam Name: Reading test
- Number of Questions: 40
- Time Duration: 35 minutes
- Question Format: Multiple Choices
- Language: English
- Exam Cost: ACT test Without Writing: $52 USD
ACT test with Writing: $68 USD
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrep Training Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.