ACT Maths Practice Exams
ACT Maths Practice Exams
About ACT Maths
ACT mathematics test is designed to assess the mathematical skills that students have typically acquired in courses taken up to the beginning of grade 12. This exam presents multiple-choice questions that require reasoning skills to solve practical problems in mathematics.
Who should take the exam?
This exam is for candidates who are students and in high school having knowledge of basic formulas and computational skills to solve the problems. The material covered on the test emphasizes the major content areas that are prerequisites to successful performance in entry-level courses in college mathematics.
1. Preparing for Higher Math (57–60%)
This category is divided into the following five subcategories.
1. Number & Quantity (7–10%)
• Demonstrate knowledge of real and complex number systems.
• Students will understand numerical quantities in many forms, including integer and rational exponents, and vectors and matrices.
2. Algebra (12–15%)
• Solve, graph, and model multiple types of expressions.
• Students will learn many different kinds of equations, including linear, polynomial, radical, and exponential relationships. The student will find solutions to systems of equations, even when represented by simple matrices, and apply their knowledge to applications.
3. Functions (12–15%)
• The questions in this category test knowledge of function definition, notation, representation, and application.
• Questions may include linear, radical, piecewise, polynomial, and logarithmic functions. Students will manipulate and translate functions, as well as find and apply important features of graphs.
4. Geometry (12–15%)
• Define and apply knowledge of shapes and solids, such as congruence and similarity relationships or surface area and volume measurements.
• Understand composition of objects, and solve for missing values in triangles, circles, and other figures, including using trigonometric ratios and equations of conic sections.
5. Statistics & Probability (8–12%)
• Describe center and spread of distributions, apply and analyze data collection methods, understand and model relationships in bivariate data, and calculate probabilities, including the related sample spaces.
6. Integrating Essential Skills (40–43%)
• These questions address concepts typically learned before 8th grade, such as rates and percentages; proportional relationships; area, surface area, and volume; average and median; and expressing numbers in different ways.
• Students will solve problems of increasing complexity, combine skills in longer chains of steps, apply skills in more varied contexts, understand more connections, and become more fluent.
7. Modeling (>25%)
• This category represents all questions that involve producing, interpreting, understanding, evaluating, and improving models.
• Each question is also counted in other appropriate reporting categories above. This category is an overall measure of how well students use modeling skills across mathematical topics.
- Exam Name: ACT Mathematics test
- Number of Questions: 60
- Time Duration: 60 minutes
- Question Format: Multiple Choices
- Language: English
- Exam Cost: ACT test Without Writing: $52 USD
ACT test with Writing: $68 USD
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrep Training Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.