ACSM Certified Personal Trainers (ACSM-CPT) Practice Exam
ACSM Certified Personal Trainers® (ACSM-CPT®)
About ACSM Certified Personal Trainers (ACSM-CPT)
ACSM-CPT assesses behavior adaptation readiness and offers guidance in the development of realistic, client-centered goals related to health, fitness and wellness. ACSM-CPT works with individuals who have stable health challenges and are cleared to exercise independently.
Operations of ACSM-CPT
- ACSM-CPT develops and administers programs designed to promote optimal cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition, as well as agility, balance, coordination, power, speed, and reaction time.
- They also conduct basic pre-participation health screenings, lifestyle inventories, and fitness assessments for health and skillrelated components of fitness.
- ACSM-CPT facilitates client motivation and adherence and honors client confidentiality.
Requirement for the exam
This is designed for candidates with a high school diploma or GED at minimum, works primarily with apparently healthy individuals to enhance fitness. Candidates should also have Adult CPR/AED Certification with practical hands-on skills component.
1. Initial Client Consultation and Assessment
• Provide documents and clear instructions to the client in preparation for the initial interview.
• Interview the client to gather and provide pertinent information prior to fitness testing and program design.
• Review and analyze client data to identify risk, formulate a plan of action, and conduct physical assessments.
• Evaluate behavioral readiness and develop strategies to optimize exercise adherence.
• Assess the components of health- and/or skill-related physical fitness to establish baseline values, set goals, and develop individualized programs.
• Develop a plan and timeline for reassessing physical fitness, goals, and related behaviors.
2. Exercise Programming and Implementation
• Review the client’s goals, medical history, and assessment results and determine exercise prescription.
• Select exercise modalities to achieve the desired adaptations based on the client’s goals, medical history, and assessment results.
• Determine initial Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type, Volume and Progression (i.e., FITT-VP Principle) of exercise based on the client’s goals, medical history, and assessment results.
• Review the proposed program with the client, demonstrate exercises, and teach the client how to perform each exercise.
• Monitor the client’s technique and response to exercise, providing modifications as necessary.
• Recommend exercise progressions to improve or maintain the client’s fitness level.
• Obtain client feedback to ensure exercise program satisfaction and adherence.
3. Exercise Leadership and Client Education
• Optimize participant adherence by using effective communication, motivational techniques, and behavioral strategies.
• Educate clients using scientifically sound resources.
4. Legal and Professional Responsibilities
• Collaborate with health care professionals and organizations to create a network of providers who can assist in maximizing the benefits and minimizing the risk of an exercise program.
• Develop a comprehensive risk management program (including an emergency action plan and injury prevention program) consistent with industry standards of care.
• Adhere to ACSM Certification’s Code of Ethics by practicing in a professional manner within the scope of practice of an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer.
• Follow industry-accepted professional, ethical, and business standards.
• Respect copyright laws by obtaining permission before using protected materials and any form of applicable intellectual property.
• Safeguard client confidentiality and privacy rights unless formally waived or in emergency situations.
- Exam Name: ACSM Certified Personal Trainers
- Exam Code: ACSM-CPT
- Number of items: 150
- Time Duration: 165 minutes
- Exam Cost: ACSM Member Candidate: $279
- ACSM Non-Member Candidate: $349
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrep Training Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.