ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists®(ACSM-EP®) Practice Exam
ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists®(ACSM-EP®)
About ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists (ACSM-EP)
ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-EP) works with healthy clients and those with medically controlled diseases to establish safe and effective exercise and healthy lifestyle behaviors to optimize both health and quality of life. They conduct pre-participation health screenings, submaximal graded exercise tests, strength, flexibility, and body composition assessments. The ACSM-EP develops and administers programs designed to enhance cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance, balance, and range of motion.
Requirement for the exam
This is designed for fitness professionals with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in exercise science qualified to pursue a career in university, corporate, commercial, hospital, and community settings.
1. Health and Fitness Assessment
• Administer and interpret pre-participation health screening procedures to maximize client safety and minimize risk.
• Determine client’s readiness to participate in a health-related physical fitness assessment and exercise program.
• Determine and administer physical fitness assessments for apparently healthy clients and those with controlled disease.
• Conduct and interpret cardiorespiratory fitness assessments.
• Conduct and interpret assessments of muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility.
• Conduct and interpret anthropometric and body composition assessments.
2. Exercise Prescription and Implementation
• Determine safe and effective exercise programs to achieve desired outcomes and goals, and translate assessment results into appropriate exercise prescriptions.
• Implement cardiorespiratory exercise prescriptions for apparently healthy clients and those with controlled disease based on current health status, fitness goals and availability of time.
• Implement exercise prescriptions for flexibility, muscular strength, muscular endurance, balance, agility, and reaction time for apparently healthy clients and those with controlled disease based on current health status, fitness goals and availability of time.
• Establish exercise progression guidelines for flexibility, muscular strength, muscular endurance, balance, agility, and reaction time for apparently healthy clients and those with controlled disease based on current health status, fitness goals and availability of time.
• Implement a general weight management program as indicated by personal goals, as needed.
• Modify exercise prescriptions based on various environmental conditions.
3. Exercise Counseling and Behavior Modification
• Optimize adoption and adherence of exercise and other healthy behaviors by applying effective communication techniques.
• Optimize adoption and adherence of exercise and other healthy behaviors by applying effective behavioral strategies and motivational techniques.
• Provide educational resources to support clients in the adoption and maintenance of healthy lifestyle behaviors.
• Provide support within the scope of practice of an ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist and refer to other health professionals as indicated.
4. Risk Management and Professional Responsibilities
• Develop and disseminate risk management guidelines for a health/fitness facility to reduce member, employee, and business risk.
• Ensure that emergency policies and procedures are in place.
- Exam Name: ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologists
- Exam Code: ACSM-EP
- Number of items: 150
- Time Duration: 225 minutes
- Exam Cost: ACSM Member Candidate: $279
ACSM Non-Member Candidate: $349
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- An in-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrep Training Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.