UK Motor Car Driving Test Practice exam
UK Car Driving Test
About UK Car Driving Test
On the 1st July 1997, the Multiple Choice Theory Test was introduced and this is your first step in becoming the full UK driving license holder. So, before booking the Practical Driving Test the applicant must pass his/her Theory Test.
You need to b a normal resident in the United Kingdom to be eligible to take a test or get a full license. While the normal residence here counts for the place where the applicant lives because of his/her personal or occupational (work) ties. Flowever, if the applicant moved to the United Kingdom has recently been permanently resident in another state of the EC/EEA (European Economic Area), then s/he must have been a normal resident in the UK for at least 185 days in the 12 months before applying for a driving test or full driving license.
Applying for your license
The applicant must be at least 17 years old to drive a car. Although as an exception, if the applicant receives Disability Living Allowance at the higher rate, then s/he is allowed to start driving at 16.
*Note: You must have a valid provisional driving licence before you can drive on the road.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) issues the driving licenses. The applicant needs to fill in application form D1, which you can request from www.gov.uk or collect from any post office. However, in Northern Ireland, the issuing authority is the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA; online at nidirect.gov.uk/motoring) and the form is a DL1. For more information, see nidirect.gov.uk/information-and-services/ motoring/learners-and-new-drivers
As shown in the form, send your form to the appropriate office. As all provisional licenses are now photocard licenses so the candidate must enclose the required passport-type photographs.
When you receive your provisional license, check that all the details are correct before you drive on the road.
How much does the Theory Test cost?
For Car Drivers in the UK, the current Theory Test fee is £23.00.
How is the Theory Test taken?
On a computer at an official DVSA test center, the Theory Test is taken and it consists of two individual tests. The first is a multiple-choice test, and the later is a Hazard Perception Test.
For the Theory Test, what exactly is the pass rate?
For learner car drivers the current pass rate in Great Britain and Northern Ireland is 43 or more out of 50.
How is the Theory Test structured?
For the multiple-choice test, the applicant will be required to answer 50 questions covering topics that include: alertness, road signs, attitude, safety, and much more. Total 57 minutes will be allocated to the applicant to complete the first part of your Theory Test.
Full instructions will be given before the Theory Test begins on how the test works. The applicant must know what to expect and can react accordingly, therefore it’s important to listen carefully.
The applicants also have the option of going through a practice session of the MCQs to get used to the layout of the test. So, if one chooses to do this, his/her real Theory Test will begin at the end of the practice session.
What happens on the Theory Test?
A question and several answers will appear onscreen during the Theory Test, and the applicant has to select the correct answer by touching the screen. While some questions may require more than one answer, thus it’s important to read the questions carefully.
For the questions, the applicant wants to come back to later in the test s/he can navigate between questions and ‘flag’ questions.
Although, the last five questions will be linked to a Theory Test case study.
After, the multiple-choice part before the hazard perception part starts one can choose to have a break of up to three minutes.
FAQS UK Car Driving Test
1. Why do the questions change?
To make this test a fair deal for everyone appearing. The questions and video clips are under continuous review. There might be changes in some questions as a result of customer feedback. They may also be altered because of changes to legislation, and DVSA publications are updated so that the revision questions reflect these changes.
2. When are the test centers open?
Usually open on weekdays, also on some evenings and some Saturdays.
3. How long does the driving test last?
For approximately 38-40 minutes the practical driving test will last
4. In case I fail the first one can book more than one driving test at a time?
No, the multiple bookings aren’t allowed by the system.
5. Who sets the Theory Test?
The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), a government body responsible for driver education sets the Theory Test.
*Note: You shouldn’t confuse this with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), which is responsible for the issuing of drivers’ licenses and your Provisional Driving Licence.
6. Where do I sit my Theory Test?
In a designated DVSA Theory Test Centre you’ll sit for your test.
7. What is the minimum pass mark in the multiple choice part of the Theory Test?
You’ll need to answer 43 questions or more correctly in order to pass. Or put another way, that’s 86%.
8. When can I rebook if I have failed my Theory Test?
For at least three clear working days you’ll need to wait before you are able to re-book your Theory Test
9. How many questions are in the Theory Test?
50 questions in MCQS part of the Theory Test for Car Drivers you will have to answer.
10. Does Testprep Training offer Money Back Guarantee for the Exam Simulator?
Yes, we offer a 100% unconditional money back guarantee. In case you are not able to clear the exam for then, you can request for the full refund. Please note that we only refund the cost of product purchased from Testprep Training and not from the Microsoft Learning.
11. Is there any assistance from Testprep Training in terms of exam preparation?
Yes, Testprep Training offers email support for any certification related query while you are preparing for the exam using our practice exams. Your query will be handled by experts in due course.
12. Can we try the free test before purchasing the practice exam?
Yes, testprep training offers free practice tests for UK Car Driving Test which can be used before the final purchase for the complete test.
13. Do you provide any preparation guidance for this certification exam?
Yes, our experts frequently blog about the tips and tricks for exam preparation.
14. Do you offer any discount on the bulk purchase?
Yes, we offer nearly 50% discount for the order more than 10 products at a time. You can reach the testprep training Helpdesk for more details. The member of the support staff will respond as soon as possible.
15. For how long is the license valid after purchase?
Once purchased, the practice exams can be accessed for the lifetime.
16. Am I required to retake the exam? As the exams become updated with performance-based items.
No. The skills that are tested do not change; therefore, retesting is not necessary.
17. Do the exams with performance-based questions take longer to complete?
Yes. These exams may take longer to complete than exams that do not contain performance-based items. As performance-based questions are added to exams, you may see changes in the standardized exam times. No exam, however, will exceed 200 minutes, and the maximum seat time is 240 minutes.
For more FAQs
What do we offer?
- Full-Length Mock Test with unique questions in each test set
- Practice objective questions with section-wise scores
- In-depth and exhaustive explanation for every question
- Reliable exam reports to evaluate strengths and weaknesses
- Latest Questions with an updated version
- Tips & Tricks to crack the test
- Unlimited access
What are our Practice Exams?
- Practice exams have been designed by professionals and domain experts that simulate real time exam scenario.
- Practice exam questions have been created on the basis of content outlined in the official documentation.
- Each set in the practice exam contains unique questions built with the intent to provide real-time experience to the candidates as well as gain more confidence during exam preparation.
- Practice exams help to self-evaluate against the exam content and work towards building strength to clear the exam.
- You can also create your own practice exam based on your choice and preference
100% Assured Test Pass Guarantee
We have built the TestPrepTraining Practice exams with 100% Unconditional and assured Test Pass Guarantee!
If you are not able to clear the exam, you can ask for a 100% refund.