Salesforce is a growing global community of young and dynamic individuals. It’s an excellent platform for active participation, showcasing not only your technical skills and hard work but also paving the way for the startup community to improve the scope for innovation. Hence, the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator credential can be of utmost benefit to your career. Salesforce frameworks are PaaS-independent from a technical standpoint.
As a result, the breadth of knowledge and scope of work required to become an all-around Salesforce developer is quite intense. You will learn about platform integrations, web and mobile development, current trends, and JS libraries, among other things, that will help you land a job at a top MNC. So you can begin your career by preparing for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator Exam.
Let us learn about some of the popular preparatory resources for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator Exam!
About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator should be familiar with the features available to end-users as well as the configuration options available in the Marketing Cloud. Candidates should also be able to manage the Marketing Cloud platform, respond to common business conditions, and carry out administrative functions within Marketing Cloud.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and experience in the following areas:
- To begin, knowledge of governance and acquiescence with regard to digital marketing
- Then comes account configuration, which includes business unit structure, permissions, and security.
- In addition, subscriber data management
- In addition, configuring Marketing Cloud products (builders, studios)
- Furthermore, account configuration and user request troubleshooting
- In addition, details on Marketing Cloud extension products and features are provided (Datorama, Interaction Studio, Audience Builder, etc.)
- Marketing Cloud Combination Offerings Principles (FTP, API, MC Connect, etc.)
Responsibilities of a About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
Key responsibilities include –
- Create journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud using Journey Builder and sync data from Salesforce CRM to Marketing Cloud and back.
- Use the SF Connector to send and receive data from Salesforce Service Cloud.
- To optimize customer solutions, make data-driven decisions.
- Using Marketing Cloud, provide support and escalation points for product teams.
- Carry out quality assurance checks on changes to data and journeys.
- Configure Marketing Cloud-managed business processes, such as content approval processes and groups.
- Configure and execute triggers and API calls from the Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) platform.
- Help our social media users by configuring and maintaining Social Studio.
Who should take the exam?
The Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Administrator program is intended for administrators who are capable of configuring Marketing Cloud products following industry and product best practices.
- To begin, you should be familiar with the features available to end users as well as the configuration options available in Marketing Cloud.
- Second, you should be able to maintain the Marketing Cloud platform, respond to common business requirements, and carry out administrative tasks within Marketing Cloud.
- You should also have 3-6 months of experience managing a Marketing Cloud instance and prior experience with digital marketing.
In the United Kingdom, the average salesforce cloud administrator salary is £45,000 per year or £23.08 per hour. Starting salaries for entry-level positions start at £40,000 per year, with most experienced workers earning up to £52,500 per year.
Things you must know – Salesforce Marketing Cloud Admin Certification Questions can be of any format, including case studies, short answers, multiple-choice, mark review, drag and drop, and so on. Furthermore, the exam has a time limit of 105 minutes, and answering 60 questions in that time is easily achievable. Additionally, candidates can take the exam in English. Furthermore, this exam will cost USD 200, excluding any additional taxes. Finally, to pass the exam, you must score at least 67 percent.
Let us now get to the meat of the article –
Starting a career as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
Follow these steps to start your career as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator. Let us start with the planning –
Step 1. Focusing on the important area of the exam
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator Course is as follows, all the topics prescribed are equally likely to appear in the exam:
Digital marketing proficiency
- Being able to describe governance and compliance in relation to digital marketing
- Recognizing security best practices for data, permissions, and PII
- Describing Marketing Cloud product offerings
Salesforce Documentation: Marketing Cloud Connect
Subscriber data management
- Being able to describe the contact model in a given scenario
- Evaluating data quality in a given scenario
- Explaining preference and profile center concepts
Salesforce Documentation: Review Subscriber Data Management
- Being able to implement the configuration of business units, users/permissions, and security/passwords in a given scenario
- Determining how to configure integrations in a given scenario
- Describing the features in Setup Home
- Describing Marketing Cloud extension products
Salesforce Documentation: Marketing Cloud Setup
- Given a scenario, describe the configuration of Mobile Studio.
- Furthermore, Given a scenario, describe the configuration of Email Studio.
- Given a scenario, describe the configuration of Social Studio and Advertising Studio.
- Explain the concepts and typical use cases of Journey Builder.
Salesforce Documentation: Review Channel Management
- Given a scenario, describe solutions for data extraction and report generation.
- Furthermore, Given a scenario, monitor a Marketing Cloud account and provide system availability.
- Given a scenario, evaluate benefits of additional Marketing Cloud products.
Salesforce Documentation: Create Maintenance Plans
Step 2 – Refer to Best Resources for Preparation and Crack the exam
These resources can be quite beneficial while preparing –
Trailhead Official Guide–
When it comes to Salesforce, the most important aspect of your preparation guide is Trailhead. Trailheads are, indeed, very useful resources for preparing for such an exam. You can use Trailhead to review online documentation, tip sheets, and user guides, as well as search for and study the topics listed in the Exam Outline section of this guide.
Getting some hands-on experience is essential for exams like Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator. The Training Course is your key to passing the exam. You can easily familiarise yourself with training courses for the same. Salesforce provides the candidate with a plethora of options to choose from. Training courses are highly recommended by Testprep Training. The concept here is not one-dimensional, but rather viewing a problem from every possible angle.
Testprep Online Tutorials–
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator Online Tutorial expands your knowledge and gives you a thorough understanding of exam concepts. They also go over exam specifics and policies. As a result, learning with Online Tutorials will help you prepare better.
Try Practice Test–
Practice tests are the ones that ensure the candidate’s preparation. The practice test will assist candidates in identifying their weak points so that they can work on them. There are numerous practice tests available on the internet these days, so the candidate can select which one they prefer. We at Testprep training also provide practice tests, which are extremely beneficial to those who are preparing.
Step 4 – Gain hands-on experience
This is an important step in securing a good job in the market. That is to say, if you have the required experience as well as the certification, no organization will refuse you! This is a well-established fact. And the best way to accomplish this is to start working on a project. Begin working on your project with the skills and knowledge you gained from passing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator exam. Furthermore, this can be used as a task to test your abilities as well as a benefit during the interview to demonstrate your abilities to the employer.
Step 5 – Crack the job interview
After passing the exam and gaining practical experience, the next step is to secure a high-paying position in the market. The first and most important thing to remember during the interview process is to maintain your confidence throughout. Second, go over the theoretical section as well as the project you worked on to prepare.
Step 6 – Maintaining the Credential
All certified professionals must complete Trailhead maintenance modules specific to their credentials to maintain their Salesforce certification(s). All certifications now require completion of one maintenance module per year, beginning with the Spring ’20 release cycle.
Earning a Salesforce certification is an excellent way to demonstrate your expertise. You’re demonstrating to everyone and everything that you’ve put in the effort and can walk the walk. That you don’t just know a little bit about Salesforce; you know a lot about Salesforce. When recruiters and employers see that you have one or more certifications, they immediately recognize you as a top talent with demonstrated expertise. They understand that you’ve applied your skills in concrete, meaningful ways and that you’ll be ready to go on day one.