The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam was designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of configuring and customizing data for the Marketing Cloud. As a Marketing Cloud developer, you gain experience in subscriber management across channels while also being able to troubleshoot various programmatic languages that lead to the design of tactical and strategic email campaigns. As a Marketing Cloud Developer, you will experience the work culture of a full-stack marketing cloud developer.
Let us know How difficult is the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Exam!
About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Exam
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Certification is intended for developers who have prior experience developing for Marketing Cloud. The audience has demonstrated proficiency in the administration and configuration of the Marketing Cloud Email application, as evidenced by passing the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam. This credential is intended for Marketing Cloud Developers who have developed dynamic, personalized marketing assets such as emails, landing pages, and forms using HTML, CSS, and AMPscript. The Certified Marketing Cloud Developer is also fluent in SQL and has worked with Marketing Cloud APIs before.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developers are familiar with configuring and customizing data for the Marketing Cloud. The developer is well-versed in subscriber management across channels and can troubleshoot various programmatic languages that guide the design of tactical and strategic email campaigns.
- Moreover, The Cloud Developer has experience as a full-stack Marketing Cloud developer, creating personalised, dynamic messages and landing pages, as well as using Marketing Cloud scripting languages and being familiar with data configuration, manipulation, and advanced segmentation, as well as reporting and analytics.
Let us now look at the exam format.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Certification Questions are presented in the form of multiple-choice or multiple-select questions. The candidate will have 105 minutes to complete the 60-question exam. This exam requires a score of 63 percent to pass. As a registration fee, the candidate must pay USD 200 plus applicable taxes. The retake exam fee is USD 100, plus any applicable taxes mandated by local law.
Let us now look at the course outline for this exam for better understanding.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Course Outline
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer is broken down into the following sections. To pass the exam, you should go over the entire course outline –
Data Modeling: 14%
- Configure account Contact model in Marketing Cloud.
- also, Given a scenario, differentiate the various types and uses of data extensions in the Marketing Cloud.
- furthermore, Describe how Contact Records relate across channels.
- moreover, Explain the Contact Delete process.
Salesforce Documentation: Data Modeling
Programmatic Languages: 35%
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of AMPscript and SSJS language syntax and functions.
- Also, Implement standard development best practices using Marketing Cloud programming languages.
- Furthermore, Describe how Marketing Cloud handles AMPscript processing.
- moreover, Given a customer scenario, determine how to programmatically exclude a subscriber at email send time.
Salesforce Documentation: Marketing Cloud Programmatic Languages
- Given a scenario, describe API objects, methods, and routes.
- also, Describe the OAuth authentication flow and how an access token is used in SOAP and REST headers.
- moreover, Given a scenario, evaluate the significance of response handling.
Salesforce Documentation: Manage API Access
Data Management: 22%
- Configure import activity using various file formats within Marketing Cloud.
- Given a scenario, apply SQL to produce the desired results.
- moreover, Given a scenario, explain the different ways to extract data from Marketing Cloud.
- Describe SQL best practices for managing data in Marketing Cloud.
- moreover, Given a scenario, apply best practices for send logs.
- furthermore, Given a scenario, describe how data is affect by the Contact delete process.
Salesforce Documentation: Data Management
- Identify different options to secure data in Marketing Cloud.
- furthermore, Describe security best practices in Marketing Cloud.
Salesforce Documentation: Salesforce Security Basics
Now, let’s come to the main point of this article –
How difficult is the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Exam?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Exam is difficult. They are intended to put your “real” knowledge to the test. If you just use our free Trailhead training, you’ll find that you have a chance, albeit a slim one, of passing. Because the certification exams are all proctored, you are not permitted to bring anything with you during the exam. One of the most useful additions to our certification exams is that if you fail, the results will show you which sections you passed and which you failed. This is extremely useful in determining where you should study. When I took the exams, the results were simply “Pass” or “Fail.” There is nothing else.
If you are well prepared, you will have a better chance. This will also necessitate the use of learning resources. Selecting genuine resources, on the other hand, is a critical step. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of resources that you can use to prepare for and take the exam with confidence. Let’s have a look at them.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer – Learning Resources
Now that you know everything there is to know about the exam, let’s take a look at the resources you have available to help you prepare. The right set of resources will always assist you in clearing your conceptual parts and passing the examinations smoothly.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Trailhead
When it comes to Salesforce, the most important aspect of your revisions is Trailhead. Trailheads are, indeed, very useful resources for preparing for such an exam. You can use Trailhead to review online documentation, tip sheets, and user guides, as well as search for and study the topics listed in the Exam Outline section of this guide.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Training
Getting some hands-on experience is essential for exams such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer. The Training Course is your key to passing the exam. You can easily familiarise yourself with training courses for the same. Salesforce provides the candidate with a plethora of options to choose from. So, if you want to improve your skills, go to their website. The concept here is not one-dimensional, but rather viewing a problem from every possible angle.
The best way to improve your knowledge is to use Online Tutorials. These Tutorials give you a thorough understanding of the exam and its concepts. As a result, your preparation will be stronger.
Analyzing your preparations is a critical step in your journey. Furthermore, this can only be possible by self-evaluating your performance. Taking the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Practice Exam is the key to validating your knowledge and identifying areas for improvement. You will be able to pass the exam if you strengthen your weaker domains. Furthermore, these tests acquaint you with the actual exam environment. You can hone your accuracy and speed. Taking multiple practice tests will also boost your confidence. With each subsequent test, try to outperform yourself. Begin practicing right away!
The candidate must acquire and share knowledge to pass the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam. As a result, we recommend that you participate in a study where you can discuss the concepts with others who share your goal. This will guide the candidate throughout the preparation process. The most important step is to take the practice test. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Practice Exams provide candidates with confidence in their preparation. Nowadays, there are numerous practice tests available on the internet; the candidate can select whichever one they prefer.