The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam has been made to give a whole occurrence in configuring and customizing data for the Marketing Cloud. As a Marketing Cloud developer, you achieve experience in subscriber management across channels concurrently with the capability to troubleshoot various programmatic languages that lead the design of both tactical and strategic email campaigns. As a Marketing Cloud Developer, you will encounter the work culture of a full-stack developer for the Marketing Cloud.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Certification program is designed for developers who have hands-on practice developing for Marketing Cloud. The audience has proven experience with the administration and configuration of the Marketing Cloud Email application, as shown through the successful completion of the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam. This credential is targeted toward the Marketing Cloud Developer who has experience developing dynamic, personalized marketing assets such as emails, landing pages, and forms leveraging HTML, CSS, and AMPscript. The Certified Marketing Cloud Developer is also proficient in SQL and has experience in using Marketing Cloud APIs.
Who should take this exam?
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer has experience configuring and customizing data for the Marketing Cloud. The developer is knowledgeable in subscriber management across channels and has the ability to troubleshoot various programmatic languages that guide the design of both tactical and strategic email campaigns. The Cloud Developer has experience as a full-stack developer for Marketing Cloud creating personalized, dynamic messages, landing pages, makes use of Marketing Cloud scripting languages, and is experienced with data configuration, manipulations, and advanced segmentation, as well as reporting and analytics.
Job Role of Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer candidate has the experience, skills, knowledge, and ability to:
- Configure and set-up data models (data extensions, shared data extensions, Contact model).
- Configure data import.
- Work with customers and platform data (SQL, views, Send Log).
- Write basic SQL, including join statements.
- Create dynamic, personalized marketing assets using various scripting languages.
- Build Marketing Cloud web experience (data forms, custom preference pages).
- Explain subscription management.
- Work through and resolve scenarios using REST and SOAP API.
- Invest time in studying the resources listed in this Exam Guide and the additional required study materials provided by Salesforce.
The learning objectives of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud For Developers exam are:
- Data Modeling: 14%
- Programmatic Languages: 35%
- API: 22%
- Data Management: 22%
- Security: 7%
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Certification Questions are in the form of multiple-choice or multiple-select format. The candidate will get 105 minutes to complete the exam which contains 60 questions. Passing marks for this exam is 63%. The candidate has to pay $200 USD plus applicable taxes as the registration fee. The retake exam fee is USD 100 plus applicable taxes as required per local law.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Course Outline
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer is divided into the following fields. You should go through the full course outline to successfully pass the exam.\
Data Modeling: 14%
- Configure account Contact model in Marketing Cloud.
- Given a scenario, differentiate the various types and uses of data extensions in the Marketing Cloud.
- Describe how Contact Records relate across channels.
- Explain the Contact Delete process.
Salesforce Documentation: Data Modeling
Programmatic Languages: 35%
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of AMPscript and SSJS language syntax and functions.
- Implement standard development best practices using Marketing Cloud programming languages.
- Describe how Marketing Cloud handles AMPscript processing.
- Given a customer scenario, determine how to programmatically exclude a subscriber at email send time.
Salesforce Documentation: Marketing Cloud Programmatic Languages
- Given a scenario, describe API objects, methods, and routes.
- Describe the OAuth authentication flow and how an access token is used in SOAP and REST headers.
- Given a scenario, evaluate the significance of response handling.
Salesforce Documentation: Manage API Access
Data Management: 22%
- Configure import activity using various file formats within Marketing Cloud.
- Given a scenario, apply SQL to produce the desired results.
- Given a scenario, explain the different ways to extract data from Marketing Cloud.
- Describe SQL best practices for managing data in Marketing Cloud.
- Given a scenario, apply best practices for send logs.
- Given a scenario, describe how data is affected by the Contact delete process.
Salesforce Documentation: Data Management
- Identify different options to secure data in Marketing Cloud.
- Describe security best practices in Marketing Cloud.
Salesforce Documentation: Salesforce Security Basics
Salesforce Certification provides exam policies to support the candidates by providing every detail related to the certification program. These exam policies help candidates understand and gather all the necessary information about after the exam or before exam procedures. This also includes the exam retaking process, rules to be followed during the exam time, and other information about the exams and its testing centers.
While preparing for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam, you will be solely responsible for understanding and complying with the Salesforce Community Cloud Consultant Exam policies, together with the specified exam delivery provider’s policies and procedures.
For more Details: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer FAQ
Preparatory Guide for Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
To start the ideal preparation for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam, the following details a few of the critical steps that you should consider for developing an ideal schedule for your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer preparation.
Review the Exam Objectives
The first step should be reviewing the exam objectives. Before you begin with the preparation for the certification exam, make sure you are up to date with all exam info. Because certification exams keep on updating with new technology coming every day. So, your first step should be the Official website of Salesforce and view and match if you and the website are on the same page. If not, then make sure you’re equipped with all the new exam info that is out there. Also, objectives play an important role, so follow this step successfully.
Salesforce Study Guide
The next step is theSalesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Guide. You will find the study guide for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam at the official website of the Salesforce. As mentioned earlier, the Exam Outline is the most important part of any certification exam. You can easily locate the exam outline in the study guide as well. Also, make sure to view if there are any important notices, you must be updated on any new changes.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Trailhead
Trailhead is the most important aspect of your preparation guide when it comes to Salesforce. Trailheads, indeed, are very helpful and useful resources for preparing for such an exam. With Trailhead, you can review online Documentation, Tip Sheets, and User Guides, search for the topics listed in the Exam Outline section of this guide, and study the information related to those topics.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Training
Taking some hands-on experience is the most significant experience for the exams like Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer. Training Course is your key to successfully pass the exam. You can easily get acquainted with training courses for the same. Salesforce offers the candidate with quite a few options to choose from. We at Testprep training highly recommend training courses. The understanding here is not one dimensional but rather viewing a problem from every angle possible.
Join a Study Group
For passing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam, the candidate needs to get and share knowledge. So, we are suggesting you join some study where you can discuss the concepts with the people who have the same goal. This will lead the candidate throughout their preparation.
The most important step is to try your hands on the practice test. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Practice Exams are the one which ensures the candidate about their preparation. There are many practice tests available on the internet nowadays, the candidate can choose whichever they want. The practice test is very beneficial in preparing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer exam.