Salesforce Pardot is a popular Salesforce product that is well-regarded in the job market. Salesforce’s Business 2 Business Marketing Automation tool is called Pardot. As a result, the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Certification is the standard Salesforce certification aimed at marketers who are already familiar with designing and implementing marketing assets and methods in Pardot.
Let us begin planning How to become a Salesforce Pardot Specialist!
About Salesforce Pardot Specialist
The Salesforce Pardot Specialist Certification is for individuals who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in designing and building marketing campaigns within Pardot. Salesforce Pardot Specialist Certification is a marketing credential awarded by Salesforce to marketing operations experts who have passed the certification exam. The candidate must first register for the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Certification to obtain this credential.
Next, passing the exam not only improves their career prospects but also shows current and future employers that they are knowledgeable about marketing automation. Furthermore, building trust with their boss and peers may be more important than a pay raise. If the candidate has used Pardot regularly, they should take this exam. They should be able to use Pardot like the back of their hand. Furthermore, you should be well-versed in each of the main characteristics and add-on products.
Who should take this exam?
Individuals who want to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in designing and building marketing campaigns within Pardot should pursue the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Certification. Professionals who have used the capabilities of the Pardot Platform, including practical application of the skills, should also take this exam to advance their careers. Additionally, it increases your earning potential because the annual salary for a Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist is around INR 420K – 600K.
Let us now move to the meat of the article –
How to become a Salesforce Pardot Specialist?
The Pardot Specialist Certification will undoubtedly boost the candidate’s market value. It will also increase job invitations when they promote their certification on social media. Let us begin with the planning –
Step 1 – Know in-depth about the exam syllabus
The Course Outline covers the descriptive details about the exam domains. Furthermore, These domains cover various subtopics. This is to help candidates prepare for the exam by identifying specific content within each topic that may be tested. Further, there are 6 domains in this exam-
Visitors and Prospects: 8%
- Describe the relationship between visitors and prospects. (Salesforce Documentation: Syncing Prospects Between Pardot and Salesforce)
- also, Given a scenario, apply the appropriate plan of action using Prospect Audits. (Salesforce Documentation: Prospect Audits)
- Illustrate how to create, edit, and map fields. (Salesforce Documentation: Create Custom Fields )
- also, Explain the relationship between Pardot and Salesforce. (Salesforce Documentation: Syncing Prospects Between Pardot and Salesforce )
- furthermore, Describe the capabilities of the Pardot Recycle Bin. (Salesforce Documentation: Pardot Recycle Bin )
Pardot Forms, Form Handlers and Landing Pages: 20%
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities, use cases and interpret metrics of Pardot forms. (Salesforce Documentation: Form Handler Statistics Table Metrics )
- Identify the capabilities, use cases and interpret reporting metrics for landing pages. (Salesforce Documentation: Documentation Generate Leads with Pardot Landing Pages and Forms )
Lead Management: 24%
- Explain the components and use cases of an automation rule. (Salesforce Documentation: Repeat Automation Rules Improved )
- Distinguish between the capabilities of, use cases for, and how to create different types of lists. (Salesforce Documentation: Create Record Types )
- also, Define the capabilities of page actions. (Salesforce Documentation: Documentation Create a Page Action )
- furthermore, Explain what a Score measures and how scoring is managed. (Salesforce Documentation: Create Scoring Category Reports in Salesforce )
- moreover, Define the capabilities of a segmentation rule. (Salesforce Documentation: Tracking Lead Source in Pardot )
- also, Explain what a Grade measures and how grading is managed. (Salesforce Documentation: Pardot Lead Scoring and Grading for Salesforce Classic )
- furthermore, Define the capabilities of a completion action (Salesforce Documentation: Specify a Link for Completion Actions in Pardot Emails )
- moreover, Identify the capabilities and use cases of custom redirects. (Salesforce Documentation: Custom Redirects showing clicks and no prospects )
Email Marketing: 20%
- Distinguish between an Email and an Email Template. (Salesforce Documentation: Build, Test, and Send Pardot Emails )
- also, Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and use cases for email. (Salesforce Documentation: Pardot Email Marketing for Salesforce Classic )
- furthermore, Distinguish between the metrics collected in Pardot email reporting.(Salesforce Documentation: Pardot Email Reports Show a Unique Click Mismatch )
Engagement Studio: 17%
- Distinguish between the components of an engagement program. (Salesforce Documentation: Pardot Engagement Studio for Salesforce Classic )
- Explain the process of updating an engagement program including its assets. (Salesforce Documentation: Using Pardot with a Global Marketing Team )
Step 2 – Know about the Exam Format
Before embarking on your exam journey, you should have a basic understanding of the exam requirements. Let’s go over all of the exam details quickly. The questions on the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Exam are in multiple-choice/multiple-select format. You have 90 minutes to complete the exam’s 60 questions. In addition, the passing score for the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Exam is 72%.
|Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist
|Number of questions
|60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non scored questions
Step 3 – Know about – What’s in the Future?
There are some important points to be aware of when taking this exam, including the scope and future of the exam. It is critical to understand whether the exam objectives align with your goals or the specific purpose you wish to achieve.
To begin with, becoming Pardot Certified can immensely benefit you! It enables the candidate to go over fundamental marketing concepts, revisit old ones, and learn new ones! While studying for this exam, the candidate’s marketing knowledge becomes much more systematic and organized. Furthermore, the Pardot Specialist Certification will undoubtedly boost the candidate’s market value. It will also increase job invitations when they promote their certification on social media. However, if they believe that none of this is a compelling reason to obtain your certification, let us assure you that becoming certified will boost your confidence when discussing marketing automation and Pardot itself.
Step 4 – Refer to the best Resources
The knowledge and comprehension levels of various resources vary. In academic life, however, revision should be done on a case-by-case basis. As a result, it is critical to match the type of revision you do on your source material. Here are some resources to assist you in your preparation:
Salesforce Study Guide
The following step is to consult the Salesforce Pardot Specialist Study Guide. Salesforce’s official website has a study guide for the Salesforce Pardot Specialist exam. As previously stated, the Exam Outline is the most important component of any certification exam. The exam outline is also easily accessible in the study guide. Also, check to see if there are any important notices; you must be kept up to date on any new changes.
Salesforce Pardot Specialist Trailhead
When it comes to Salesforce, the most important aspect of your preparation guide is Trailhead. Trailheads are, indeed, very useful resources for preparing for such an exam. You can use Trailhead to review online documentation, tip sheets, and user guides, as well as search for and study the topics listed in the Exam Outline section of this guide.
- Essentials of Pardot Lightning App for Digital Marketers (PDX101)
- Drive Sales with the Pardot Lightning App (PDX101)
Salesforce Pardot Specialist Training
Getting some hands-on experience is the most important thing for exams like Salesforce Pardot Specialist. The Training Course is your key to passing the exam. You can easily familiarise yourself with training courses for the same. Salesforce provides the candidate with a plethora of options to choose from. Training courses are highly recommended by Testprep Training. The concept here is not one-dimensional, but rather viewing a problem from every possible angle.
Refer Online Tutorials
Salesforce Pardot Specialist Online Tutorial improves your knowledge and gives you a thorough understanding of exam concepts. They also go over exam specifics and policies. Nonetheless, these online tutorials provide detailed information about the exam.
The most important step is to take the practice test. Salesforce Pardot Specialist Practice Tests provide candidates with confidence in their preparation. Nowadays, there are numerous practice tests available on the internet; the candidate can select whichever one they prefer. The Salesforce Pardot Specialist practice test is extremely helpful in preparing for the exam. So, begin preparing right away!
Step 5 – Take the exam in accordance with the Expert’s Advice
According to Salesforce, the demand for talent is expected to generate 4.2 million new jobs by 2024, with the average salary for experienced Salesforce marketers exceeding $100,000.
After passing the exam, the candidate can demonstrate their Salesforce expertise. Additionally, becoming Salesforce Pardot certified will enable them to connect with a more cultured network of marketing operations experts who can help guide their careers. Salesforce Pardot certification is often the first step in a Salesforce Marketing career path. Passing the certification exam opens up a world of possibilities, whether you’re changing jobs, resuming your career, or just getting started.