SAS, a prominent company known for its analytics and data management software, offers the SAS Architecture and Design Specialist certification exam. This specific test is tailored for IT experts who deal with SAS technology and are tasked with the responsibilities of creating, implementing, and managing SAS solutions within their respective organizations.
The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge of SAS architecture, including SAS server components, security, and data access. It also covers SAS administration, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. Candidates are expected to have a deep understanding of SAS software and its various components, as well as experience in designing and deploying SAS solutions.
SAS Architecture and Design Specialist Glossary
Here are some key terms and definitions that are relevant to the SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam:
- SAS: SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is a software suite used for data management, advanced analytics, business intelligence, and predictive analytics.
- SAS Grid: SAS Grid is a platform for running SAS applications in a distributed computing environment. It allows multiple SAS servers to work together to handle large data volumes and complex computing tasks.
- SAS Metadata Server: The SAS Metadata Server is a centralized repository for storing metadata about SAS resources, such as data sources, users, groups, and access controls.
- Learn SAS Data Server: The SAS Data Server is a server that provides access to data sources and manages data connections for SAS applications.
- SAS Enterprise Guide: The SAS Enterprise Guide is like a special computer space where you can make, control, and use SAS programs. It helps you see and work with data in a way that’s easy to understand, and it helps you create SAS programs.
- SAS Stored Process Server: The SAS Stored Process Server is a server that enables SAS programs to be run as web services, allowing other applications to call SAS programs using web protocols.
- SAS Platform Data Server: The SAS Platform Data Server is a server that provides data storage and access for SAS applications. It uses a scalable, high-performance data storage technology called SAS Scalable Performance Data Engine (SPDE).
- SAS Integration Technologies: SAS Integration Technologies is a suite of software components that enable SAS applications to integrate with other enterprise systems, such as databases, web services, and message queues.
- SAS Visual Analytics: SAS Visual Analytics is a suite of tools for creating and sharing interactive visualizations and reports. It includes features for exploring data, creating dashboards, and sharing insights with others.
SAS Architecture and Design Specialist Exam Guide
Here are some resources and official links that can help you prepare for the SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam:
- Exam guide: The SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam guide provides an overview of the exam, including the topics covered, exam format, and sample questions. You can download the exam guide from the SAS website: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/architecture-design-specialist.html
- SAS training: SAS provides different types of classes to get ready for the test, like online lessons, virtual classroom sessions, and in-person classes. You can browse the course catalog and register for courses on the SAS website: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training.html
- SAS certification community: The SAS certification community is a forum where you can connect with other SAS professionals, ask questions, and share knowledge. You can join the community on the SAS website: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Certification/bd-p/certification
- SAS documentation: The SAS documentation provides detailed information on SAS software and its various components. You can access the documentation on the SAS website: https://documentation.sas.com
- SAS practice exams: SAS offers practice exams that simulate the format and difficulty level of the real exam. You can purchase practice exams on the SAS website: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/mock-exam.html
- SAS certification program overview: The SAS certification program overview provides an overview of the SAS certification program, including the different certification tracks and credential levels. You can access the overview on the SAS website: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification.html
SAS Architecture and Design Specialist Exam Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare for and succeed on the SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam:
- Understand the exam format and objectives: The SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam consists of multiple-choice questions that test your knowledge of SAS architecture and design concepts. It’s important to understand the exam objectives and review the exam guide to ensure that you have a clear understanding of what will be covered on the exam.
- Study the SAS documentation and training materials: The SAS documentation and training materials provide a comprehensive overview of SAS architecture and design concepts. Take the time to review these materials and understand the key concepts and terminology.
- Gain practical experience with SAS software: Practical experience with SAS software is essential for success on the SAS Architecture and Design Specialist exam. If you don’t have access to SAS software, consider using SAS University Edition, which is a free version of SAS software that you can download and use for learning and practice.
- Take advantage of SAS training courses: SAS provides different training classes that can help you get ready for the test. Think about taking classes that teach the things and abilities tested on the exam.
- Join the SAS certification community: The SAS certification community is a forum where you can connect with other SAS professionals, ask questions, and share knowledge. Use the community to ask for advice and learn from others who have taken the exam.
Study Guide for SAS Architecture and Design Specialist
Having this exam certification is really important for your academic records. So, it’s crucial to begin preparing and knowing all the study materials. We’ve got you covered with our Study Guide. It also gives you a quick overview of the study materials and steps you need to pass the exam successfully.
Visit SAS Architecture and Design Specialist Official Website
Visiting the SAS official website is an important step while preparing for the SAS Certified Architecture and Design Specialist for SAS Grid Manager 9.4 exam. The official site offers a lot of reliable information and sources which are very helpful in preparing for the exam. The resources such as study guide, documentation, sample papers, flashcards, whitepapers, sample questions, faqs, etc. The candidate can find all such important things on the official page. This exam covers the following domains:
Domain 1- Grid Architecture Definition
Firstly, this domain covers the concepts to develop and implement a hardware and software architecture for a SAS Grid implementation. Also, determine the pros and cons of implementing shared binaries and configuration files. Further, communicate and explain the hardware infrastructure, software infrastructure, and their requirements. Moreover, demonstrate an understanding of storage and shared file system related to Grid from requirements and architecture perspective. Then, understand how architecture impacts licensing. Furthermore, interpret and evaluate requirements to integrate user authentication to SAS Grid. Lastly, demonstrate an understanding of SAS use cases associated with submitting jobs in the grid (EG, EM, SASGSUB, SAS Studio and others).
Domain 2- Software Deployment
Secondly, this domain includes the concepts to Interpret and modify SAS Grid middleware configuration settings, and options to provide an optimized and tailored environment based on requirements.
Domain 3- System Management
Further, this domain focuses on topics to understand metadata related to Grid. Also, understand the scope of the Management Utilities. Moreover, understand SAS Grid Workload management.
Domain 4- High Availability
Lastly, this domain focuses on concepts to advise on architecture, infrastructure and deployment impacts related to High Availability. Then, demonstrate working knowledge of PSS failover. Also, use PSS to enable High Availability of other services.
Go for SAS Training Program
Training programs are a very necessary step in the preparation of such exams like SAS Certified Architecture and Design Specialist for SAS Grid Manager 9.4. SAS offers its own training programs on their various examinations and certifications.
Studying flashcards will test the candidate’s knowledge about the SAS Grid Manager 9.4 exam with quiz-style printable flashcards. Further, these study flashcards highlight the most critical learning points from the SAS Grid Manager 9.4 study guide.
Learn from Books and Guides
The next thing to do in your preparation is to get some books and study guides. You should look for books that have a lot of useful information. It can be a bit challenging to find a good book but to gain the knowledge and skills you need, you have to search for, read, and understand them. We suggest checking out the following:
Self Evaluate with Practice Test
No matter how you get ready for the SAS Certified Architecture and Design Specialist test, doing a practice run can be surprisingly helpful. Taking a practice test is a good idea to mix up your study routine and make sure you do your best on the actual exam. Looking at your answers afterward will show you which areas you need to focus on and how well you match the exam goals. Lets Satrt Practising Now!
Join a Study Group
Getting involved in study groups is a great idea when you’re preparing for your certification exam. These groups keep you in the loop about any new updates or changes to the exam. Plus, they have both newcomers and experienced people, so you can ask questions or chat about the exam without feeling shy.