Haven’t started prevising for the Microsoft DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals Exam? No need to worry! Let’s cover up everything related to the exam with our expert Cheat Sheet. The Microsoft DP-900 Cheat Sheet is all you need to add this much valued credential on your resume. Professional Certifications help you shine in front of your prospective employers. Therefore this Cheat Sheet will equip you with all the necessary tools to pass the exam. But before everything else lets have a quick glance at the exam details:
Microsoft DP-900: Exam Overview
Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900 exam is designed for candidates having good foundational knowledge of core data concepts. The Azure Data Fundamentals exam can be used for preparing for other Azure role-based certifications that includes Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate.
Knowledge required for the exam
- Firstly, Candidates applying for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals DP-900 exam must know how to implement core data concepts using Microsoft Azure data services.
- Secondly, They must have familiarity with the concepts of relational and non-relational data as well as different types of data workloads such as transactional or analytical.
- Thirdly, Candidates for this exam should begin to work with data in the cloud.
Cheat Sheet for Microsoft Exam DP-900
The Microsoft DP-900 Exam Cheat Sheet is designed to help you get ready for the exams. It will walk you through all the learning resources. Moreover, the resources covered in this Cheat Sheet will help you refresh your skills and concepts related to the exam while providing you with all the important insights.
Have Detailed Knowledge of the DP-900 Exam Objectives
Firstly, you must have clarity about the exam details and policies. It is very important to have such information handy before beginning your revision journey. Moreover, familiarising yourself with the exam course is yet again very essential to grasp the exam concepts. Given the wide syllabus this exam covers, it is suggested that you refer to the Official DP-900 Exam Guide and learn more about the exam course. This exam covers 4 domains which are further subdivided into various topics. Each topic is essential for you to ace the exam.
Microsoft DP-900 Exam has updates in the course outline as on August 4, 2022.
The updated Microsoft DP-900 exam topics include:
1. Describe core data concepts (25—30%)
Describe ways to represent data
- Describe features of structured data (Microsoft Documentation: Understand data store models)
- Describe features of semi-structured (Microsoft Documentation: Query semi-structured data in SQL)
- Describe features of unstructured data (Microsoft Documentation: Understand data store models)
Identify options for data storage
- Describe common formats for data files (Microsoft Documentation: Data formats supported by Azure Data Explorer for ingestion)
- Describe types of databases (Microsoft Documentation: System Databases)
Describe common data workloads
- Describe features of transactional workloads (Microsoft Documentation: Online transaction processing (OLTP))
- Describe features of analytical workloads (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Cosmos DB analytical store)
Identify roles and responsibilities for data workloads
- Describe responsibilities for database administrators
- Describe responsibilities for data engineers (Microsoft Documentation: Data engineer)
- Describe responsibilities for data analysts
2. Identify considerations for relational data on Azure (20—25%)
Describe relational concepts
- Identify features of relational data (Microsoft Documentation: Describe concepts of relational data)
- Describe normalization and why it is used (Microsoft Documentation: Description of the database normalization basics)
- Identify common structured query language (SQL) statements (Microsoft Documentation: Structured Query Language (SQL))
- Identify common database objects (Microsoft Documentation: Database Identifiers)
Describe relational Azure data services
- Describe the Azure SQL family of products including Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL (Microsoft Documentation: Azure SQL, Azure SQL Database)
- Managed Instance, and SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines (Microsoft Documentation: SQL Server on Windows Azure Virtual Machines)
- Identify Azure database services for open-source database systems (Microsoft Documentation: Azure SQL Database)
3. Describe considerations for working with non-relational data on Azure (15—20%)
Describing capabilities of Azure storage
- Describe Azure Blob storage (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Blob storage)
- Describe Azure File storage (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Files)
- Describe Azure Table storage (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Table storage)
Describe capabilities and features of Azure Cosmos DB
- Identify use cases for Azure Cosmos DB (Microsoft Documentation: Common Azure Cosmos DB use cases)
- Describe Azure Cosmos DB APIs (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Cosmos DB: REST API Reference)
4. Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25—30%)
Describing common elements of large-scale analytics
- Describe considerations for data ingestion and processing (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Data Explorer data ingestion overview)
- Describe options for analytical data stores (Microsoft Documentation: Choose an analytical data store in Azure)
- Describe Azure services for data warehousing, including Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure HDInsight, and Azure Data Factory (Microsoft Documentation: Data warehousing in Microsoft Azure, Azure Synapse Analytics)
Describe consideration for real-time data analytics
- Describe the difference between batch and streaming data (Microsoft Documentation: Explore fundamentals of real-time analytics)
- Describe technologies for real-time analytics including Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Synapse Data Explorer, and Spark structured streaming (Microsoft Documentation: Real-time processing)
Describe data visualization in Microsoft Power BI
- Identify capabilities of Power BI (Microsoft Documentation: Power BI)
- Describe features of data models in Power BI (Microsoft Documentation: Model data in Power BI)
- Identify appropriate visualizations for data (Microsoft Documentation: Visualization types in Power BI)
Quick Links to your Study Resources
To ace the exam, you need to choose the best set of resources suited to your type and your level of understanding. There are numerous resources that can be used to have a good DP-900 study guide. As you have probably been preparing for the exam and are on the revision journey, we provide you a list of some highly suggested resources to amplify your preparations:
Microsoft Learning Platform
The learning resource that will be beneficial during the exam preparation is the Microsoft learning platform. It helps you to deeply understand the exam concepts. These are available on the Microsoft Learning Platform as follows:
- Firstly, Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore modern data warehouse analytics in Azure
- Secondly, Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore non-relational data in Azure
- Thirdly, Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore relational data in Azure
- Also, Azure Data Fundamentals: Explore core data concepts
After that, you can move on to Microsoft documentation where you can easily understand about the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals exam concepts using the learning concepts that cover various modules. These Microsoft Docs modules will help you gain a lot of knowledge about Azure data concepts and the different services in the same. The learning concepts include:
- To begin with, Exploring core data concepts
- Then, Studying about relational data in Azure
- Also, Studying about non-relational data in Azure
- Moreover, Exploring modern data warehouse analytics in Azure
Microsoft provides Instructor-led Training courses for candidates to learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment. Moreover, to get basic skills in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure. Candidates in the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Course will identify and explain core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics. Further, they will explore the roles, tasks, and responsibilities in the world of data. In this DP-900 exam training, they will understand the relational and non-relational data offerings, provisioning, and deploying databases. And, they will explore Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure HDInsight including Power BI.
Online Tutorials enhance your knowledge and provide a depth understanding of the exam concepts. Additionally, using the DP-900 tutorial, they will also covers exam details and policies. Therefore learning with Online Tutorials will result in strengthening your preparation.
This can be a very essential part that can help you to prepare better for the exam. That is to say, Microsoft DP-900 exam practice tests are important as by assessing yourself with these tests you will know about your weak and strong areas. However, by practicing you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. Moreover, the best way to start doing practice tests is after completing one full topic as this will work as a revision part for you. So, make sure to find the best practice questions. Therefore, Start Practising Now!