With its advanced services and technology, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly growing in the world of cloud computing. Furthermore, it has become one of the most profitable and fastest-growing tech companies in the world in recent years. As a result of this expansion, the demand for professionals as well as those just starting out in the cloud has skyrocketed. Keeping this in mind, AWS offers a variety of certificates, the most popular of which is the Cloud Practitioners certification. To put it another way, this certification is the key to getting into the Amazon Web Services world and having a secure future. Passing this exam can provide you with a plethora of new work prospects.
But, one thing that causes difficulty is the interview process to get a good job in a top organization. Many individuals crack the exam but get failed during the interview process. So, in this blog, we will talk about the top interview questions related to the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam that will help you during the time of hiring.
AWS Cloud Practitioner “Mostly Asked” Interview Questions
It’s time to crack the interview and get into the top organization for individuals who hold the cloud practitioner certification and are preparing for AWS cloud managers and other IT career jobs. Companies in the Fortune 1000 are looking for people with AWS capabilities all over the world. As a result, the top questions are included below to assist you in preparing for the interview.
What is AWS in cloud computing?
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) refers to an advanced and evolving Cloud computing platform provided by Amazon. Moreover, it provides a combination of services that includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS) .
What are the various AWS components?
The various AWS components include:
- EC2 – Elastic Compute Cloud
- S3 – Simple Storage Service, Route53
- EBS – Elastic Block Store
What is Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)?
- Amazon EC2 service better known as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud that provides customers a resizable and scalable computing capacity while using the cloud. Moreover, using EC2 service, the client is able to launch as many virtual servers as possible. And, in each of these virtual servers, the client is able to manage storage as well as configure security.
What are the advantages of using Amazon EC2?
- Firstly, this service is easier and faster.
- Secondly, it is elastic and scalable.
- It provides high availability.
- Lastly, it is cost-effective.
Define Amazon S3?
- Amazon S3 is a Simple Storage Service with an S3 interface that allows you to store and retrieve unlimited amount of data from anywhere on the internet at any time. Not to mention, S3 has a “pay as you go” billing approach.
What is AWS Cloud Certification ?
- AWS Certification by Amazon Web Services helps to get cloud experience that an IT professional earns after passing one or more exams by the public cloud provider. Moreover, the IT professionals achieving AWS certifications will be able to demonstrate and validate there cloud technical knowledge and skills.
Do AWS and Azure have similarities?
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a cloud service that is introduced by Amazon. Whereas Azure is a cloud service by Microsoft. Both cloud services, on the other hand, assist businesses in growing by providing services in multiple domains such as network, storage, and compute. AWS offers a straightforward storage option that is widely regarded as the most reliable. Storage block bob, on the other hand, is used by Azure as a storage service. AWS is suitable for IaaS or a wide range of services, while Azure is good for PaaS or window integration.
What is the process for securing your data in the cloud?
- In cloud computing security is important and it must be ensured that no individual or organization is able to take the data of a client while in a transition from one point to another and also there shouldn’t be any leakage of information. However, one of the most effective ways of securing information is by segregating it and then encrypting the same by one of the agreed options.
What are the different services offered by Amazon cloud computing?
The services of cloud computing in AWS includes:
- Firstly, PaaS. It stands for Platform as a Service.
- Secondly, IaaS. It refers to Infrastructure as a Service.
- Then, SaaS is Software as a Service.
What is AWS Cloud Economics Center?
- Amazon Web Services includes Cloud Economics Center which provides a way to acquire and use infrastructure on-demand in order to pay only for what you consume. Moreover, this puts more money back into the business, which results in more innovation and faster explanations.
What do you understand by AWS Pricing?
- AWS pricing is a pay-as-you-go approach for pricing for over 160 cloud services. Furthermore, with AWS, you only pay for services that you use for as long as you need them. This also doesn’t necessitate any long-term commitments or complicated licenses.
What are the AWS Use Cases?
- Amazon Web Services includes Use cases that provides a complete set of cloud computing services that enables to build sophisticated, scalable applications. Hundreds of thousands of clients of all sizes use cloud computing services in a variety of industries today, including healthcare, media, financial services, insurance, real estate, education, and government. Enterprise IT, gaming, Big Data, web & social apps, and so on.
What is AWS Cloudwatch?
- Cloudwatch refers to a monitoring tool that can be used to monitor various AWS resources like health check, network, Application, etc.
Can you list different types of cloudwatch?
- There are only two types in cloudwatch that are basic monitoring and detailed monitoring. The basic monitoring, on the other hand, is free, but the detailed monitoring is not.
Describe the cloudwatch metrics that are available for EC2 instances?
- The cloudwatch metrics available for EC2 instances includes, Diskreads, Diskwrites, CPU utilization, networkpacketsIn, networkpacketsOut, networkIn, networkOut, CPUCreditUsage, CPUCreditBalance.
What is the default storage class in S3?
- The default storage class in S3 is a Standard frequently accessed.
What do you mean by Amazon web Service Cloudfront?
- Cloudfront is an AWS web service that provides businesses and application developers an efficient way to distribute their content with low latency and high data transfer speeds. Moreover, cloudfront is a content delivery network of AWS.
- SimpleDB is a structural record data store that encourages data doubts and indexing on both S3 and EC2.
What is Amazon ElasticCache?
- Amazon Elasticcache is a cloud-based web service that makes it simple to launch, scale, and store data.
What is EMR in AWS?
- Before the intimation, EMR assists in interpreting the operation of data structures. This includes AWS’ Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, which aid in the analysis of enormous amounts of data. Furthermore, you can use Apache Hive and other open source designs to prepare data for analytics and marketing intelligence workloads.
What do you understand about the Buffer in AWS?
- Buffer is essential part in any cloud computing technology that maintains seamless integration across a huge flow of traffic and loads. Moreover, buffer enables the components to work in an unstable situation and receive and process requests as it gets them.
What is an Elastic Load Balancer?
- The Elastic Load Balancer in AWS ensures that all the incoming traffic is optimally distributed across all channels of AWS instances.
What if your organization has decided to have all their workload on the public cloud. But, the organization decides to distribute some of the workloads on private servers. Now, you are asked for a suggestion for a cloud architecture for your organization. What it will be?
- The suggestion will be a hybrid cloud. As, using the hybrid cloud architecture an organization can use the public cloud for shared resources and the private cloud for its confidential workloads.
Is it possible to launch Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances with predetermined private IP addresses? If yes, then name the Amazon service for this?
- Yes it is possible to launch EC2 with predetermined private IP addresses using the servive that is Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- AMI refers to Amazon Machine Image that is a template to provide the information (an operating system, an application server, and applications) required to launch an instance. However, it refers to a copy of the AMI running as a virtual server in the cloud. Moreover, you can launch instances from as many different AMIs as you need.
Describe the relationship between an instance and AMI?
- Using single AMI, you can launch multiple types of instances. Whereas an instance type defines the hardware of the host computer used for your instance. However, each instance type provides different computer and memory capabilities. And, once you launch an instance, it looks like a traditional host.
What is the process of sending request to Amazon S3?
- Amazon S3 refers to a REST service in which you can send a request by using the REST API or the AWS SDK wrapper libraries that wrap the underlying Amazon S3 REST API.
How many buckets can be created in AWS?
There can 100 buckets created in AWS for an account.
What is an EIP?
- EIP or Elastic IP address is designed for dynamic cloud computing. EIP address is used to have a static IP address for your instances when you stop and restart your instances.
Which cloud service type is associated with DNS and Load Balancer service?
- DNS and Load Balance services comes under the IAAS-storage cloud service.
- Auto-scaling is an important feature that Amazon Web Service provides which gives you an allowance to configure and automatically stipulate new instances without intervention. However, this is done by setting the edges and measurements to screen. And, the point when those edges have crossed another instance based on your preference. it will be spun up, rolled, and configured into the load balancer pool. Now, you would have scaled that horizontally without the intervention of an operator.
What is AWS Lambda?
- AWS Lambda is a serverless compute solution that allows you to run and manage code without having to manage servers. In this case, you only pay for the amount of data you use in computation. Furthermore, it simply necessitates the submission of code, with Lambda handling the rest.
Is there any need of internet gateway for peering connections?
- For using virtual private cloud peering the internet gateway is necessary.
Describe the different layers of Cloud Architecture in AWS training?
The layers of cloud architecture are:
- Firstly, the Cloud controller
- Then, Cluster controller
- Thirdly, Storage Controller
- Lastly, Node Controller
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a networking setup tool that allows you to effortlessly change your network settings. Furthermore, a VPC is a network that is separated from other cloud networks. It also enables you to create your own IP address ranges, subnets, internet gateways, NAT gateways, and security groups.
What is tha major difference between Amazon S3 and EC2?
- Amazon EC2 is a web service that allows you to host apps in the cloud. S3, on the other hand, is a data storage system that can store any quantity of data. EC2 is a cloud computing platform that operates on Linux and Windows and can handle programs such as PHP, Python, and databases. S3 also offers a REST interface and uses HMAC-SHA1 authentication keys that are safe.
Can you name some of the DB engines used in AWS RDS?
The DB engines include:
- MS-SQL DB
- MYSQL DB
What is need for making subnets?
- Subnetting is the process of separating a large network into smaller networks. Subnets, on the other hand, can be constructed for a variety of reasons, including lowering congestion by ensuring that traffic designated for a subnet stays in that subnet. And, as a result, the traffic entering into the network is routed more efficiently, reducing the network’s load.
Is it possible to upload a file that is greater than 100 megabytes in Amazon S3?
- Yes, it is possible to upload by using the multipart upload utility from AWS. Using multipart upload utility, larger files can be uploaded in multiple parts. Moreover, it can also decrease upload time by uploading these parts in parallel. And, once the upload is done, the parts will merge into a single object or file to create the original file from which the parts were created.
What is the use of CloudWatch logs?
- CloudWatch stores and monitors a client’s logs, allowing them to better understand how their systems and applications are working. Also, it is used for long term log retention, real time application and system monitoring.
- Roles grant access to entities in your AWS account that you can trust. Furthermore, they are identical to users. There is no need to create a login and password for this to operate.
Describe accessing EC2?
- Amazon EC2 can be accessed with bot web-based Interface and Command Line Interface.
Can you tell the way to make any application private?
- Amazon VPC makes the virtual network private.
Which is a method for bidding unused EC2 capacity based on the current spot price?
- For this, the Spot Instance is the best method for bidding on unused EC2 capacity. As, this feature requires low price and the availability of the system varies depending on the availability of excess capacity.
How many types of AMI are there?
There are two types of Amazon Machine Images (AMI),
- Firstlty, EBS based storage
- Secondly, Instance store-backed AMI
Do you know about Security Group in Amazon EC2?
- Yes, Security groups in Amazon EC2 are one of the ways through which the security of the cloud network is safe. Moreover, they act as a firewall and controls both the inbound as well as outbound traffic at the level of the instance.
Do you know how to configure an Amazon S3 bucket to serve static assets for public web applications?
- It is done by configuring the bucket policy to provide public read access to all objects
Explain the relationship between Route53 and Cloud front?
- In Cloudfront the content delivers to edge location and where Route 53 is for Content Delivery Network. In addition, using Amazon CloudFront you can configure Route 53 to route Internet traffic to those resources.
What is IaaS, Paas and SaaS?
- Firstly, IaaS refers to a cloud service that runs services on a “pay-for-what-you-use” basis.
- Then, PaaS, it runs cloud platforms and runtime environments to develop, test, and manage software.
- Lastly, SaaS, in this the cloud workers host and manage the software application on a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
For many people, getting a well-paid job at Amazon Web Services is a dream come true. The cloud practitioner test, on the other hand, necessitates a thorough comprehension and knowledge of the AWS cloud. Also, make sure to read through each question on the blog thoroughly. If the answer you’re searching for isn’t here, you can post a question in the comments and our AWS specialists will assist you in finding it.
So, prepare well and stay safe!
Enhance your skills with advanced tutorials on AWS Cloud Practitioner Now!