In today’s world, the best way to stand out in the cloud job market is to earn the best cloud certification. Moreover, the certification will show the employer that you have the required potential and knowledge for a particular position.
Cloud Computing was one of the fastest-growing industries in 2019 and now, in 2020 it’s ready to go off the charts. Moreover, it is covering every component of the information technology (IT) sector using the latest cloud services. As a result, it has shown an increase by the businesses and industry leaders opting for cloud computing in 2020 in order to get benefits. But more than that, they are using cloud technology to run their organizations and businesses. Thus, providing good customer service and increasing their overall profit margins.
However, the main confusion that arises here is, which certifications will be best for starting a career in cloud computing. So, in this article, we will talk about top cloud certifications in-depth, which will help you in kick-starting your career in this field. So, let’s get started by talking about the top certification vendors that are ruling the market.
Top Certification Vendors 2020
The Cloud computing industry is massively growing globally by providing benefits to many top organizations and businesses. Moreover, it helps in enhancing productivity as well as simplifying the many complex operations and processes in the IT sector. As a result, the importance of cloud computing has increased globally even at the starting of the year 2020. However, this includes the top providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. So, next will understand these top cloud vendors before moving onto the certifications to get better clarity.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Nowadays, Organizations are searching for individuals with good cloud knowledge and skills that will help in transforming their businesses. Whether you are a beginner or want to advance your IT skills and knowledge, AWS Certification can help you to be effective and do more in the cloud. As it examines your cloud skills to help in highlighting in-demand skills and organizations to build effective teams using AWS. Moreover, they provide certification exams by role and specialty designed to empower individuals and teams to meet their unique goals. To understand more accurately about AWS let’s talk about some advantages.
Advantages of AWS
- Firstly, mostly everything in the technology sector is linked to cloud computing. Similarly, AWS provides everything from hosting a small website to running a full data center.
- Secondly, AWS certification will work as proof that you have advanced skills to accept complex challenges related to AWS.
- Thirdly, having an AWS certification on your resume will provide a positive impact to the employer to whom you are applying for a job. Likewise, certified candidates are given more value than non-certified ones.
- Fourthly, AWS is globally recognized as the top certification in terms of salary. With having AWS certification you can boost your pay.
- Lastly, organizations with AWS certified professionals get access to become members of AWS Partner Network (APN), which provides various benefits like a concession on training, AWS usage support and many more.
Google Cloud Certification
GCP examine your skills and ability to transform businesses with Google Cloud technology. However, Google Cloud Platform refers to the collection of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure of Google’s products such as Google search engine, YouTube, etc. Moreover, GCP provides various tools and services that help in managing infrastructures, provisioning servers and configuring networks. Likewise, it also provides a wide range of modular cloud services including computing, application development, machine learning, data analytics, and data storage. And, it can be accessed by developers, cloud administrators, and other IT professionals through public or dedicated networks.
Now, let’s understand why one should for the GCP certifications.
Advantages of GCP
- Firstly, GCP is scalable as it provides extreme ease in up and downscaling.
- Secondly, Google provides GCP services at a very good price in the market, as compared to its competitors. This includes four major key factors like sub-hour billing, sustained use discount, custom machine type, and preemptible instances.
- Thirdly, it provides integrated Services. In this, you can use various APIs, AI and ML, IoT, Compute engine, Databases, Big Data analytics, Developer tools, Security, Storage simultaneously.
- Lastly, GCP provides quick collaboration for all users. Therefore, multiple users can access and edit the projects at the same time.
Microsoft Azure certification exams
Microsoft exams help you in validating your knowledge and skills. Similarly, Microsoft Azure certifications can help a candidate in increasing the chances of getting hired in the cloud computing domain. Moreover, getting Microsoft Azure certification is a perfect way to start your career in the cloud. This will help you to gain the skills and knowledge that make you valuable in the market. With providing lots of opportunities to explore, it will also help in getting a high salary pay in the industry. Lets, move further with the advantages of Microsoft Azure Certifications.
Advantages of Microsoft Azure Certification
- Firstly, cloud computing is expected to become a $300 billion business by 2021 globally. Azure provides data that is useful to enhance skills and knowledge in the cloud.
- Secondly, Azure has maintained a good position in the industry amongst its competitors. Thus, individuals are showing interest in Microsoft Azure at a large quantity.
- Thirdly, Cloud technologies like Azure are evolving at a rapid rate, outpacing the average rate of growth in the IT sector as a whole.
- Fourthly, Microsoft Azure is easy to adapt and learn. You will deal with important concepts like Azure Automation and Operational Insights that are quite easy to learn if you have an understanding of Microsoft’s tools.
- Lastly, Microsoft Azure is designed to handle the traditional tasks of designing, deployment, and managing platforms.
Now, we are on the important part of this article that is the top certifications for beginners. Below, you get in-depth details about the certifications you can apply to have a good start in the world of cloud computing. Moreover, you will also get information like experience and skills required including the course outline for your preparation. So, let’s start with it.
Top Cloud Certifications: Beginner Level
It is very difficult to decide which certification to choose, so, to help you in this below you will get the top beginner level certifications. First, we will talk about the trendy certification that is AWS Cloud Certification.
AWS Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) examination is designed for candidates with knowledge and abilities to illustrate the basics of the AWS platform, including available services and their common use cases. Moreover, the candidate will demonstrate an understanding of AWS Cloud economics including the costs, billing, and analysis. However, AWS Cloud Practitioner is a pathway towards achieving the Associate-level and furthermore advanced level certifications.
Abilities Validation for the Certification
- Firstly, defining the basis of AWS Cloud and the global infrastructure
- Secondly, describing basic AWS Cloud architectural principles, value proposition, and key services on the AWS platform.
- Thirdly, describing the basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform with a shared security model.
- Fourthly, defining the billing, account management, and pricing models including identifying sources of documentation or technical assistance.
- Lastly, describing the basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
Knowledge and Experience
- Firstly, it is recommended for the candidates to have at least six months of experience with the AWS Cloud in any role including technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial.
- Secondly, candidates should have a basic understanding of IT services and their uses in the AWS platform.
Coming to the exam details and course outline.
- Firstly, the exam code for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam is CLF-C01.
- Secondly, the exam duration will be of 90 Minutes.
- Thirdly, there will be 65 questions in the exam
- The exam will be available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese language.
- Fourthly, the exam validity is 3 years.
- Lastly, the Passing score for the exam is 65-75% and the cost is $100 USD.
- In this, you will learn about defining the AWS Cloud and its value proposition.
- Secondly, you will learn to identify the aspects of AWS Cloud economics by listing the different cloud architecture design principles.
Security and Compliance
- In this, you will learn about defining the AWS shared responsibility model and AWS Cloud security concepts.
- Secondly, you will learn about identifying AWS access management capabilities.
- Thirdly, identifying the resources for security support
- In this section, you will learn how to define the methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
- Secondly, you will learn about defining the AWS global infrastructure.
- Thirdly, you will learn to identify the core AWS services and resources for technical support.
Billing and Pricing
- This will help you to learn how to compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS.
- Secondly, you will learn to recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing.
- Lastly, identifying the resources available for billing support.
Coming on to the next important certification exam that is AZ-900.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900
AZ-900 exam is for candidates who want to demonstrate foundational level knowledge of cloud services and working of these services with Microsoft Azure. However, the AZ-900 is a fundamental certification exam that is intended for candidates with both technical, non-technical and who have a need to examine their foundational level knowledge in this area. This exam is the first step in learning about cloud services and how those concepts are illustrated by Microsoft Azure.
- Firstly the exam name is Microsoft Azure Fundamentals better known as AZ-900.
- Secondly, you will get 85 mins to complete the exam.
- In this exam, you will get 40-60 Questions.
- The exam is available in the English language.
- Lastly, the passing score is 700 (on a scale of 1-1000) and this exam will cost you $99 USD.
Understanding Cloud Concepts
- Firstly, you will learn about the consideration and benefits of using cloud services.
- Secondly, you will understand the difference between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Then, the difference between Private, Public, and hybrid models.
Understanding Core Azure Services
- Firstly, it will provide you information on topics like core Azure architectural components.
- Secondly, it includes detail about the Core Azure products.
- Lastly, the Core Azure solutions.
Understanding Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust
- In this section, you will learn about the security network connectivity in Azure with Core Azure Identity services.
- Secondly, you will learn about the various security tools and features.
- Moreover, it includes Azure governance methodologies.
- Then, you will learn how to monitor and report the options in Azure.
- Lastly, understanding the privacy, compliance, and data protection standards in Azure.
Understanding Azure Pricing and Support
- Firstly, you will cover the Azure Subscriptions with cost planning and management.
- Secondly, the support options available in Azure.
- Then, you will understand about the service lifecycle in Azure.
- Lastly, the Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Important Note: The content of the AZ-900 exam is going to be updated on May 28, 2020. To learn more about it click here.
Let’s proceed further and talk about the next certification that is GCP Cloud Engineer.
GCP Associate Cloud Engineer
GCP Associate Cloud Engineers are responsible for deploying applications, monitoring operations, and managing enterprise solutions. Moreover, the individuals are able to use the Google Cloud Console and the command-line interface to perform common platform-based tasks. Thus, in order to maintain one or more deployed solutions that leverage Google-managed or self-managed services on Google Cloud. Moreover, you can also obtain credibility as a Google associate cloud engineer with a certification in your credentials. Most importantly, one can deal with solutions with the help of self-managed or Google-managed services on Google Cloud.
- Firstly, candidates working in the IT industry.
- Secondly, individuals in the role of Data architects, Developers, and Data Engineers.
- Then, any individual accountable for managing Google cloud operations.
- Firstly, for the GCP Associate Cloud Engineer exam, you get two hours to complete the exam.
- Secondly, there will be multiple choice and multiple select types of questions in the exam.
- The exam is available in English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and Indonesian language.
- This exam will cost you $125 (plus tax where applicable).
- Most importantly, for this exam, it is recommended to have at least six months of hands-on experience with Google Cloud.
Setting up a cloud solution environment
- Firstly, you will learn about setting up cloud projects and accounts.
- Secondly, it will help you to understand about managing billing configuration.
- Lastly, it will help you learn about installing and configuring the command-line interface (CLI)
Planning and configuring a cloud solution
- This section includes topics like planning and estimating GCP product use using the Pricing Calculator.
- Moreover, you will learn about planning and configuring the compute resources and data storage options
- Lastly, planning and configuring network resources.
Deploying and implementing a cloud solution
- In this, you will learn about how to deploy and implement the compute engine resources.
- Secondly, the deployment and implementation of Google Kubernetes Engine resources
- Thirdly, deploying and implementing App Engine and Cloud Functions resources
- Subsequently, deploying and implementing data solutions
- Then, deploying and implementing networking resources
Ensuring successful operation of a cloud solution
- In this section, you will deal with topics like, managing Compute Engine resources and managing Google Kubernetes Engine resources.
- Secondly, you will learn about managing the App Engine and Cloud Run resources.
- Then, the process of managing storage and database solutions.
- Lastly, it will provide you detail about managing networking resources with monitoring and logging.
Configuring access and security
- Firstly, you will learn how to manage identity and access management (IAM).
- Secondly, you will learn about managing service accounts.
- Lastly, it will explain to you how to view the audit logs for the project and managed services.
Passing and achieving Certifications shows the employers that you have those skills and knowledge about the work and willing to go above and beyond. Moreover, they help you to demonstrate that you have the foundational expertise to work within any application. But, to get that position you need to prepare hard and earn that certification. That is to say, set your mind and start your career in cloud computing by taking any of the certifications provided in the article according to the required knowledge. This will not only help you in getting a good job but it will for sure brighten up your future.
Learn and enhance your Cloud skills. Become a Certified Cloud Computing Professional Now!