The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (SOA-C01) exam has a new version – AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (SOA-C02). Stay updated with the latest changes to earn this certification.
In this article, we are going to discuss the intriguing ways to successfully pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. First of all, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an advanced cloud provider according to the magic quadrant and it manages the global cloud infrastructure and it has the market share equivalent to the next four big cloud providers combined. Also, AWS offers various certifications. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator — Associate is one of the associate exams that anyone could take before going into more specialized certificates.
Further, you should know the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification requires that the candidate shows the capability to deploy AWS solutions for various scenarios per AWS’s best practices, troubleshoot, and AWS settings for performance. In addition, the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Certification needs its candidates to be suitable for deploying and managing full production performances on AWS.
Moving forward, you should know who can apply for this exam. So, the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate examination is designated for systems administrators in a systems operations position with at least one year of expertise in deployment, management, and operations on AWS.
Just so you know, here are the job and responsibilities you will get once you clear the exam:
- Firstly, deploying, managing and running scalable, highly accessible, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Secondly, implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Then, selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Also, identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Further, migrating on-premises workloads to AWS
About the exam
For passing the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam, you should know that there are two types of questions in the exam: Multiple-choice which has one correct answer and three incorrect answers, and Multiple- answers which have multiple correct answers. Also, this exam records on a scale of minimum 100 and maximin 1000 with a passing score of 720. Further, there are 65 questions in the exam and there is some unscored content on the exam(5 questions) as well which will be used for statistical purposes that do not affect the score. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect there is no penalty for guessing.
In addition, you will get 130 minutes to complete and it will cost you $150. If you have done any other AWS certification you would get the coupon as exam benefits which are 50% off of the next exam. In that case, the exam cost would be $75 and I think this coupon is valid for 6 months.
If you are wondering that there is any requirement for appearing in this exam, let us clear that there are no pre-requisites for this exam but it is suggested that you should have at least 1 year of experience with the AWS Cloud in any role. Besides that, we would suggest that you want to have at least 1 or 2 years of project lifecycle experience to take this certificate.
Course Structure: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
The most important step while preparing for such an exam is to understand its objectives. We are making it clear that the exam outline is the syllabus of your examination. Also, this means that the question paper will include the questions related to these objectives only. As a means of demonstrating this knowledge, you will be tested across 7 different domains, with each domain contributing to a total percentage of your overall score. These domains are broken down as:
Domain 1: Monitoring and Reporting (22%)
- Creating and maintaining metrics and alarms utilizing AWS monitoring services
- Also, recognizing and differentiating performance and availability metrics
- Further, performing the steps necessary to remediate based on performance and availability metrics
Domain 2: High Availability (8%)
- Implementing scalability and elasticity based on the use case
- Also, identifying and differentiating highly available and resilient environments on AWS
Domain 3: Deployment and Provisioning (14%)
- Executing steps required to provision cloud resources
- Recognizing and remediate deployment issues
Domain 4: Storage and Data Management (12%)
- Creating and managing data retention
- Furthermore, identifying and completing data protection, encryption, and capacity planning needs
Domain 5: Security and Compliance (18%)
- Performing and managing security policies on AWS
- Also, implementing access controls when using AWS
- Moreover, distinguish between the characters and responsibility within the shared responsibility model
Domain 6: Networking (14%)
- Applying AWS networking features
- Next, realizing connectivity services of AWS
- In addition, gathering and interpreting relevant information for network troubleshooting
Domain 7: Automation and Optimization (12%)
- Using AWS services and features to manage and assess resource utilization
- Employing cost-optimization strategies for efficient resource utilization
- Furthermore, Automating the manual or repeatable process to minimize management overhead
Step-to-step Study Guide
Let us begin the discussion for ideal preparation for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam, the following details are some of the critical steps that you should study for producing an ideal plan for your AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate preparation.
Review the Exam Objectives
For effective preparation, make sure you are up to date with all exam info. What happens if certification exams keep on updating with new technology coming every day. So, your first step should be the Official website of AWS and view and match if you and the website are on the same page. If not, then make sure you’re equipped with all the new exam info that is out there. Just take a quick look at the objectives of AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate:
- Monitoring and Reporting (22%)
- High Availability (8%)
- Deployment and Provisioning (14%)
- Storage and Data Management (12%)
- Security and Compliance (18%)
- Networking (14%)
- Automation and Optimization (12%)
AWS team offers several whitepapers, in order to enhance your technical knowledge. These whitepapers are produced exclusively by the AWS team, analysts, and other AWS partners.
Here is a list of some highly recommended whitepapers by AWS
- First and foremost, Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- Subsequently, Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes
- Also, AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Further, Backup and Recovery Approaches Using AWS
- Lastly, How AWS Pricing Works
Books and Guides
As you know, it is very important to read and understand for such an exam like AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate. We at Testprep training strongly recommend that you should find some relevant books and guides. Besides, here are some books and guides which we refer to:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Certification Kit: Associate SOA-C01 Exam 1st Edition by Brett McLaughlin, Sara Perrott, Ben Piper
- Also, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate All-in-One-Exam Guide (Exam SOA-C01) 1st Edition by Sam Alapati
- Not to mention, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (SOA-C01) Cert Guide (Certification Guide) 1st Edition by Sequeira Anthony J.
- Further, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Study Guide: Associate (SOA-C01) Exam 2nd Edition, by Sara Perrott, Brett McLaughlin
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Official Study Guide: Associate Exam 1st Edition by Stephen Cole, Gareth Digby, Chris Fitch, Steve Friedberg, Shaun Qualheim, Jerry Rhoads, Michael Roth, Blaine Sundrud.
Join a Study Group
Joining a group study will also be beneficial for the candidate. It will encourage them to do more hard work. Also, studying in the group will help them to stay connected with the other people who are on the same pathway as them. Also, the discussion of such study groups will benefit the students in their exams. So practice, discuss and successfully become an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate.
Try Practice Tests
The most important step is to try your hands on the practice test. Practice tests are the one which ensures the candidate about their preparation. There are many practice tests available on the internet nowadays, the candidate can choose whichever they want. Further, AWS suggests a practice test for the candidates seeking their certification exam to provide a greater comprehension of the exam purposes. Taking a practice test is a great way to diversify your study strategy and ensure the best possible results for the real thing.
In addition, we at Testprep training also provide free practice tests for making your preparation journey easier. Give them a shot!
Tips to Remember
- First of all, gather all the related information about the exam.
- Then, download the exam outline.
- Also, attempt all the essential steps of the above-mentioned study guide.
- Further, don’t forget to try the practice test.
- Moreover, have faith in the hard work you’re doing.
Testprep training wishes you all the very best for your exam!
A great career is just a certification away. So, practice and validate your skills to become an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate!
Start preparing for the new version: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate (SOA-C02) Now!