PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Certification is a mixture of agile concepts with the world’s most popular approach to project management. This certification helps in understanding and learning about the structure, governance, and control with agile methods, techniques, and approaches.
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Certification is best suitable for the professionals working within a project environment. This can be key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. Further, this is also good for those who are in governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with program and project support functions.
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner: Exam Prerequisites
For PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certification, you must hold any of the following certifications:
- Firstly, PRINCE2® Foundation
- Secondly, PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Thirdly, Project Management Qualification® (PMQ)
- Next, Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- Lastly, IPMA Levels A, B, C, and D
Things you must know for the AXELOS Exam:
- Firstly, before booking an exam, you have to give the proof of completion of that prerequisite as a verification.
- Secondly, you will not receive exam results until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert.
- Lastly, you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
Prince2 Agile Practitioner Exam Format
- PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner certification exam is an ‘open book’ exam. Here, an open book means that the PRINCE2 Agile guide is allowed for reference during the examination.
- Next, there will be a total of 50 questions. Prince2 Agile Practitioner Exam Duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Thirdly, the Prince2 Agile® Practitioner Exam Questions will be scenario-based questions that relate to a case study.
- In order to pass the exam, you have to score 60% (30 marks) or higher.
- Also, the Prince2 Agile Practitioner Exam Cost is £405
- Lastly, the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam is available in English, German, Polish, and Dutch language.
Maintaining PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Certification
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner certificate is valid for three years. That is to say, at the end of which you will be required to either reset the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam or you can maintain your certificate through a subscription to My PRINCE2. However, to remain current through My PRINCE2 you must meet the following criteria within the three-year period:
- Firstly, join My PRINCE2 within three months of passing your exam and remain subscribed for the three-year period. This is done by renewing the subscription each year.
- Secondly, maintain your PRINCE2 Agile digital badge, which will be awarded as part of My PRINCE2 for the three-year period.
For More Queries: Check PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Exam FAQS
Prince2 Agile Practitioner Syllabus covers exam topics details that will help you understand the concepts more accurately. This include:
1. Understanding the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Explaining the differences between projects and BAU (Business as usual)
- Describing agile and its common approaches, how and why agile approaches have developed, and their use
- Describing the history of agile, it’s a contrast to the waterfall way of working and how the Agile Manifesto fits in
- Explaining the different levels of agile maturity and well-known agile frameworks
- Describing behaviors, concepts, and techniques that characterize agile. Defining the PRINCE2 Agile view of ‘agile’
- Describing Kanban, the Kanban method, and its six general practices, including the use of Cumulative Flow Diagrams (CFDs)
2. Understanding the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Describing the complementary strengths of PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
- Defining who can benefit from using PRINCE2 Agile and in what contexts/situations
- Defining the PRINCE2 Agile frameworks, behaviors, concepts, techniques, and focus areas
- Explaining the eight ‘guidance points’. Describing how PRINCE2 controls and governance can enable agile to be used in many environments
- Describing what a typical PRINCE2 ‘project journey’ looks like in an agile context
3. Applying and evaluating the focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Explaining the purpose and use of the Agilometer throughout a project
- Describing the six sliders used on the Agilometer. Explaining their significance and how to improve them
- Describing in detail requirements terminology, decomposition, and prioritization, including MoSCoW and Ordering
- Explaining how requirements prioritization is used
- Explaining the rich communication focus area, its importance, and its key techniques as well as how to manage frequent releases and the benefits of ‘failing fast’
4. Fixing and flexing the six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Describing how to use the ‘hexagon’ in relation to the six aspects of project performance
- Explaining the use of tolerances in terms of what to ‘fix’ and what to ‘flex’ in relation to the six aspects of project performance
- Describing in detail each of the five targets that underpin the use of the hexagon
- Explaining why the ‘fix and flex’ approach is good for the customer
5. Applying the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an agile context
- Describing in detail the five PRINCE2 Agile behaviors (Transparency, Collaboration, Rich Communication, Self-Organization, Exploration)
- Explaining agile needs to incorporate in all seven PRINCE2 processes and all seven themes.
- Describing the two common Organization roles of Scrum Master and Product owner
- Explaining how to adjust roles, including the use of specialist roles, and the options for team organization in a project
- Defining the make-up of a typical delivery team
- Describing servant leadership, its use, and importance
- Explaining how to define Working Agreements
- Describing quality setting techniques including ‘definition of done’ and the use of acceptance criteria
- Explaining quality testing, quality checking, and management techniques. Describing approaches to planning and typical planning techniques
- Describing approaches to risk and how agile concepts mitigate many typical risks
- Explaining progress monitoring techniques including the use of ‘work in progress’ boards, burn charts, information radiators
- Explaining in detail agile techniques that may apply to each PRINCE2 process including Cynefin Describing how to flex the ‘Direct a Project’ stage and the benefits of collaborative working.
- Describing how to ‘manage by exception’ with emphasis on empowerment, the quantity of deliverables, rich information flows, and value of deliverables
- Explaining why PRINCE2 ‘stages’ may not be required, including the use of timeboxes and Scrum of scrums
Study Guide for PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Exam
Prince2 Agile Practitioner Study Guide will help you ace the exam with the following resources:
Getting Familiar with Exam Objectives
Exam objectives provide benefits during the exam preparation time by helping to start studying in a sequential manner. As the topics provided are divided into sections and subsections, that makes it easier for candidates to start according to their preferred area. However, for PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Certification exam the objectives include:
- Firstly, Basic concepts of common agile ways of working
- Secondly, Purpose and context for combining PRINCE2® and the agile way of working
- Thirdly, Focus areas to a project in an agile context
- Then, Six aspects of a project in an agile context
- Lastly, PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an agile context
Prince2 Agile Practitioner – Training
AXELOS offers training for the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certification exam. This gives you access to select the training providers as per your location. Moreover, it provides various services from its AXELOS consulting partners.
AXELOS’ Best Practices
AXELOS’ Best Practices helps in becoming more effective across a range of key business capabilities including project, program, and IT service management. Moreover, these best practices enable you to assess your own performance and improve your working practices. Here, you can use the AXELOS Consulting Partner (ACP) that offer a suite of services built around AXELOS best practice, including the following:
- Firstly, evidence-based assessments
- Secondly, business case development
- Thirdly, management of risk and value
- Lastly, evaluation of IT resources, processes, and investments.
Prince2 Agile Practitioner Book
The PRINCE2 Agile guide is key to understanding the core of the PRINCE2 Agile certification. We know that PRINCE2 Agile is the most up-to-date and relevant view of agile project management methodologies and the only framework covering a wide range of agile concepts, including SCRUM, Kanban, and Lean Startup. And, using this guide, you will be able to get familiar with all these areas. However, there are some key features of the guide that you will learn about. This include:
- Firstly, the concept of tailoring the integrated set of PRINCE2 principles, themes, and processes
- Secondly, the process of producing the PRINCE2 management products
- Thirdly, steps to map the common agile roles to the PRINCE2 project management team structure
- Lastly, the process of incorporating the fundamental agile behaviors, concepts, and techniques into PRINCE2.
During the preparation for an exam, joining online groups or communities can be really beneficial. That is to say, there you can discuss any of your queries and get the best possible answer. Moreover, these groups have professionals that will keep you up to date with the latest happenings for the PRINCE2 Agile exams with all the great content that AXELOS Community offers.
Start using Practice Tests
Prince2 Agile Practitioner Practice Exams help you to learn and revise things more accurately. Moreover, this let’s you work on your time-management and answering skills as well as learn about your weak areas. By assessing yourself you will get perfection in these skills. Further, which will help you to save a lot of time during the exam. However, the best way to start taking practice tests is after completing one full topic as this will work as a revision part for you. Lastly, start doing some research work to find the best and unique practice tests and get yourself prepared.