Microsoft Power Platform solution architects are responsible for leading successful implementations and focusing on the process of solutions by addressing the broader business and technical needs of organizations.
Microsoft Solution Architect Knowledge Area
A solution architect has knowledge of:
- Firstly, Power Platform
- Secondly, Dynamics 365 customer engagement apps
- Thirdly, Microsoft cloud solutions, and other third-party technologies
Further, a solution architect applies knowledge and experience in the engagement process. They performs proactive and preventative work for increasing the value of the customer’s investment and promoting organizational health. Lastly, this role needs the ability for identifying opportunities to solve business problems.
Required Experience of Solution Architect: Exam PL-600
- Firstly, solution architects have experience across functional and technical disciplines of the Power Platform.
- Secondly, they must be able to facilitate design decisions across:
- storage, and change management
Microsoft Exam Learning Path
Microsoft provides exam learning paths that candidates can use for understanding the concepts in a step-by-step manner. For the PL-600 Exam, candidates will get an understanding and overview of the power platform concepts. Moreover, they will be able to go through various modules provided in the learning path.
Microsoft PL-600 Exam Details
Exam PL-600: Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect will have 40-60 questions that can be of type like a case study, short answers, multiple-choice, mark review, drag, and drop, etc. And, to pass the exam it is necessary to score a minimum of 700 (on a scale of 1000). Further, the Microsoft PL-600 exam cost is $165 USD including the additional taxes. Lastly, candidates can take the exam in the English language.
Microsoft Exam Scheduling
Exam PL-600: Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect measures the candidate’s knowledge to perform solution envisioning analyses and implementing the solution. However, for scheduling the PL-600 exam candidates can directly login into their Microsoft portal. Those who are new users can register and then sign in.
Wish to prepare for the PL-600 interview? Go and check out the PL-600 Interview Questions.
Microsoft PL-600 Course Outline
For Exam PL-600: Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect, there are various topics provided in the study guide. Using this, candidates can explore the various concepts/topics and prepare better for the exam. However, the Microsoft PL-600 exam topics include:
– Perform solution envisioning and requirement analysis (35-40%)
Initiate solution planning
- evaluate business requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Identify functional requirements, Identify non-functional requirements)
- identify Microsoft Power Platform solution components (Microsoft Documentation: Solutions overview, Solution concepts)
- identifying other components including existing apps, AppSource apps, third-party components, and components from independent software vendors (ISV) (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Power Platform ISV Studio, Components and Capabilities)
- identify and estimate migration and integration effort (Microsoft Documentation: Build migration plan with Azure Migrate)
Identify organization information and metrics
- identifying desired high-level organizational business processes (Microsoft Documentation: Identifying the business problem to solve (the use case))
- identify business process improvement opportunities (Microsoft Documentation: Business process flows overview)
- assess an organization’s risk factors (Microsoft Documentation: Identifying the risks)
- review key success criteria (Microsoft Documentation: Project management)
Identify existing solutions and systems
- evaluate an organization’s enterprise architecture
- identify data sources needed for a solution (Microsoft Documentation: Understand data sources for canvas apps in Power Apps)
- define use cases and quality standards for existing data (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Dataverse)
- identify and document an organization’s exisiting business processes
- refine high-level requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Create business rules and recommendations, Planning a Power Apps project)
- identify functional requirements
- identify non-functional requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Target and non-functional requirements)
- confirm that requirements meet an organization’s goals (Microsoft Documentation: Pattern: Inspection)
- identify and document an organization’s desired business processes (Microsoft Documentation: Work with business processes, Create a business process flow to standardize processes)
Perform fit/gap analyses
- determine the feasibility of meeting specific requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Perform fit gap analysis)
- evaluate Dynamics 365 apps and AppSource options to solve requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Publish your app on AppSource, Publish your app on AppSource)
- address functional gaps through alternate solutions (Microsoft Documentation: Perform fit gap analysis)
- determine the scope for a solution
– Architect a solution (40-45%)
Lead the design process
- design the solution topology (Microsoft Documentation: Introduction to solutions)
- designing customizations for existing apps (Microsoft Documentation: Customize forms)
- design and validate user experience prototypes (Microsoft Documentation: Start designing and prototyping)
- identify opportunities for component reuse (Microsoft Documentation: Create a component for canvas apps)
- communicate system design visually (Microsoft Documentation: Pattern: Communication)
- design application lifecycle management (ALM) processes (Microsoft Documentation: Overview of application lifecycle management with Microsoft Power Platform)
- design a data migration strategy (Microsoft Documentation: Create a data migration strategy for Dynamics 365 solutions)
- designing apps by grouping required features based on role or task (Microsoft Documentation: Securing the app and data)
- design a data visualization strategy (Microsoft Documentation: Data visualization style guidelines for Office Add-ins)
- designing an automation strategy that uses the Power Automate (Microsoft Documentation: Making phase)
- design environment strategy
Design the data model
- design tables and columns (Microsoft Documentation: Tables: Design Guidelines )
- designing reference and configuration data (Microsoft Documentation: Configure and manage content reference)
- design relationships and relationship behaviors (Microsoft Documentation: Table relationships)
- determine when to connect to external data versus import data
- design data models to address complex sets of requirements (Microsoft Documentation: model-driven apps in Power Apps)
- designing collaboration integrations
- design integrations between Microsoft Power Platform solutions and Dynamics 365 apps
- designing integrations with an organization’s existing systems (Microsoft Documentation: Working with enterprise systems, Integrate data into Microsoft Dataverse)
- design third-party integrations (Microsoft Documentation: Integration with other enterprise management products)
- designing an authentication strategy (Microsoft Documentation: Design authentication and credential strategies)
- design a business continuity strategy
- identify opportunities to integrate and extend Power Platform solutions by using Microsoft Azure (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools for Azure DevOps, Configure Azure integration with Microsoft Dataverse)
- design Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- design networking
Design the security model
- design the business unit and team structure (Microsoft Documentation: Create or edit business units)
- designing security roles (Microsoft Documentation: Configure user security to resources in an environment)
- design column and row-level security
- design security models to address complex sets of requirements (Microsoft Documentation: Securing the app and data, Hierarchy security to control access)
- determine security model management policies and processes
- identify Azure Active Directory groups and app registrations required to support a solution (Microsoft Documentation: Register an application with the Microsoft identity platform)
- identify data loss prevention (DLP) policies for a solution (Microsoft Documentation: Overview of data loss prevention)
- determine how external users will access a solution (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft 365 guest sharing settings reference)
– Implement the solution (15-20%)
Validate the solution design
- evaluate detail designs and implementation (Microsoft Documentation: AD DS Design and Planning)
- validate security
- ensure that the solution conforms to API limits
- Assess the solution performance and impact on resources (Microsoft Documentation: A performing solution, beyond infrastructure)
- resolve automation conflicts (Microsoft Documentation: Resolution of Function/Property Name Conflicts in Automation in Extensions)
- resolve integration conflicts (Microsoft Documentation: Resolve merge conflicts)
- identify and resolve potential and actual performance issues (Microsoft Documentation: Diagnosing performance issues, Common sources of slow performance for a canvas app)
- troubleshoot data migration (Microsoft Documentation: Troubleshoot configuration data migration issues)
- resolve any identified issues with deployment plans (Microsoft Documentation: Troubleshoot on-premises deployments)
- identify factors that impact go-live readiness and remediate issues (Microsoft Documentation: Prepare for go-live)
Microsoft Exam Policies
Microsoft exam policies provide exam-related details, processes, and procedures. Further, there are certain rules that are required to be followed during exam time. Some of them include:
Exam retaking policy
In this, for the first time, the candidate’s failing the exam must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam. They use the certification dashboard for rescheduling the exam in the Microsoft exam portal. However, for the second time, they may have to wait for at least 14 days before retaking the exam. Likewise, for more attempts, this 14-day waiting period is also imposed. Lastly, candidates can only give any exam five times a year.
Exam rescheduling and the cancellation policy
- Firstly, Microsoft temporarily waives its reschedule and cancellation fee if candidates cancel their exams within 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
- Secondly, for rescheduling or canceling an appointment, no charge will be applied at least 6 business days prior to your appointment.
- Thirdly, if a candidate cancels or reschedules an exam within 5 business days of your registered exam time then, a fee will be applied.
- Lastly, if a candidate failed to show up for an exam appointment at least 24 hours then they can forfeit your entire exam fee.
Microsoft PL-600 Exam Study Guide
Microsoft Exam objectives
Exam PL-600: Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect preparation, candidates should get proficiency and familiarity with the exam objectives. They can use the Microsoft Pl-600 study guide for exploring topics and have a better understanding. The topics include:
- Firstly, performing solution envisioning and requirement analyses
- Secondly, architecting a solution
- Lastly, implementing the solution
Microsoft Learning Platform
Microsoft provides learning platforms covering various resources and details necessary for exam preparation. For the PL-600 exam preparation, candidates can go through the Microsoft official website and check for all the essential details, study guides, and exam patterns.
Microsoft documentation is the main knowledge source for the PL-600 exam that provides detailed information about the exam topics and concepts. Moreover, using Microsoft Documentation, candidates can get references for all the topics and learn about the essential areas of the exam. Further, this will help in gaining a lot of knowledge about the Power platform areas and solution concepts used according to the exam.
Online Study Groups
Online study groups can provide benefits to candidates during Microsoft PL-600 exam preparation. That is to say, the study groups will help you to stay connected with the experts and professionals in this field. Moreover, candidates can start a discussion or ask for any query related to the exam and take the Microsoft PL-600 exam study notes.
Taking Practice Tests
Practice tests are important for Microsoft PL-600 exam preparation. Using the Microsoft PL-600 practice exam tests will help in knowing about the weak and strong areas. Moreover, this will help to improve answering skills that as a result will save a lot of time during the exam. Further, to start taking Microsoft PL-600 practice tests, the best way is after completing a full topic. This will also make your revision strong. So, make sure to find the best practice exam tests.