The Microsoft Azure IoT Developer AZ-220 exam is accountable for the implementation and the coding required to build and manage the cloud and the edge portion of an IoT solution. In addition to configuring and maintaining the devices by utilizing cloud services, the IoT Developer also sets up the physical devices. Also, the Microsoft Azure IoT Developer is liable for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle. The certifications offered by Microsoft bestow current and potential employers with the core technical skills they require as per the prescribed standards. Moreover, this exam is definitely a boost to your career and keeps you ahead of the competition.
After qualifying the AZ-220 certification exam, As an IoT Developer, you will be responsible to perform the following tasks-
- To begin with, Execute designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging, and security.
- Secondly, Deploy compute/containers and configures device networking.
- Then, Implement designs for solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT.
- Moreover, Works with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
- Also, Responsible for implementation of Azure services, including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and platform-as-a-service options.
- Lastly, Recognize Azure IoT service configuration settings within the code portion of an IoT solution and perform specific IoT coding tasks in at least one Azure-supported language, including C#, Node, C, or Python.
Microsoft Exam AZ-220 Exam Prerequisites
The prerequisites for AZ-220 Azure certification exam are,
- Firstly, a thorough knowledge of the implementation of Azure services for developing an IoT solution.
- Secondly, the ability to recognize Azure IoT service configuration settings in the code part of an IoT solution.
- Also, the skills for performing particular IoT coding tasks in at least one programming language supported by Azure such as Python, C#, C or Node.
Study Guide : Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam AZ-220
The key to prepare for Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exams is to get the right study tools and materials essential for your learning style. It also benefits to go through a practice test of some kind to help prepare and really drill in the memorization of the technical knowledge required.
Step 1- Review Exam Topics
Microsoft certification exams are highly detailed examinations. So much so that even deeply skilled professionals have failed. So, try not to take it lightly. Each and every question is designed to challenge the candidate’s knowledge. Therefore, it’s not advisable to just guess and hope for the best.
While you can’t comprehend and understand everything. However, you can get a head start with studying if you know the objectives and sub-objectives of each exam. All these are covered in the AZ-220 course outline mentioned above. Microsoft advertises the exam descriptions for all exams and lists their objectives. Nonetheless, each sub-objective will also have a set of skills that one will be tested on. So review this Official page as much as possible until you’re satisfied.
Microsoft AZ-220 Exam has updates in the course outline as on April 23, 2021.
The updated Microsoft Azure IoT Developer AZ-220 exam course outline includes the following topics:
Set up the IoT Solution Infrastructure (10-15%)
- Firstly, create and configure an Azure IoT Hub
- Build device messaging and communication
- Lastly, configure physical IoT devices
Provision and Manage Devices (15-20%)
- Firstly, Set up Device Provisioning Service (DPS)
- Secondly, Manage the device lifecycle
- Managing IoT devices by using IoT Hub
- Lastly, manage IoT devices by using Azure IoT Central
Implement IoT Edge (15-20%)
- Firstly, set up an IoT Edge device
- Deploy an IoT Edge device
- Thirdly, develop IoT Edge modules
- Configure an IoT Edge device
Implement Business Integration (5-10%)
- Firstly, integrate with upstream and downstream systems
- Then, develop Azure Digital Twins (ADT) solutions
Process and Manage Data (15-20%)
- Firstly, configure message routing in Azure IoT Hub
- Configure stream processing of IoT data
- Thirdly, create ASA queries
- Lastly, process real-time data by using Time Series Insights (TSI)
Monitor, Troubleshoot, and Optimize IoT Solutions (15-20%)
- Configure health monitoring
- Troubleshoot device communication
- Ensure performance and availability
Implement security (10-15%)
- Firstly, implement security for IoT devices and services
- Lastly, implement Azure Defender for IoT
Step 2- Gather all Learning Resources
Always remember to get study materials from legitimate sources that are sanctioned by Microsoft. Microsoft issues its companion content online, and you can seek out online resources and forums from people who have previously taken the exam.
Also, many certified training companies have access to official Microsoft courseware. Further, this is aligned directly with the objectives of the exams. Role-based certification training courses, such as Azure training, will definitely help you dive deeper into a specific role while preparing for your exam.
Online study guides
There are various sources when it comes to online study guides. These are best suitable for certification exams. These are often one of the cheapest options for study. The product documentation also falls under this section. But, using the Microsoft AZ-220 study guide is one of the least structured methods to follow when studying.
Online Reference Courses
There are many online, on-demand video services and courses that can be viewed. Obviously, the cost can vary depending on the source. These offer a great self-paced learning path to follow using audio and video rather instead of written books. These sources can be more natural to consume while multi-tasking.
Books are your Best Friends
Books are always a good learning resource to gain knowledge. Moreover, Microsoft has its own press store. So, never try to limit your knowledge. Therefore, we suggest going through the following AZ-220 books-
- Internet of Things for Architects: Architecting IoT solutions by implementing sensors, communication infrastructure, edge computing, analytics, and security by Perry Lea
- AI, IoT & the Intelligent Edge: Building Your Enterprise Tech Strategy by Daniel Sexton
Instructor-led Training (in-person or virtual)
Obviously, the most expensive study pathway to take is to attend in-person, instructor-led training. This Microsoft AZ-220 training will provide you with a classroom full of students to attend along-side and a dedicated trainer for the duration of the class. Certainly, this is the most powerful training method if you can dedicate the time, but it will cost the most amount of money.
These classes will pool many students from many different clients together so that individuals and/or small teams can afford instructor-led training.On the other hand, virtual delivery of instructor-led classes. These do not require the trainer to travel, and the class can accommodate more than 20 students.
Join Online Forums/Study Groups
Online forums and study groups are a great way to prepare for the AZ-220 exam. Therefore, feel free to get in touch with other candidates through study forums or online groups to ask a question related to the topic you’re having difficulty with. However, it’s not something you have to join. It’s just something very subjective. Not to mention, these online groups help you stay equated with the other people who are also walking through the same path as yours. Moreover, you can also ask a question related to the topic you’re having difficulty with.
Step 3 – Take Practice Exams
Finally, it’s time to analyze your preparations. Practice tests are necessary for self-evaluation. They assess your performance and help you identify your weaker domains. Devoting more attention and strengthening your weaker sections will definitely improve your knowledge. Also, the Microsoft Azure AZ-220 practice tests provide you the real exam environment. You get to practice your speed and accuracy Moreover attempting multiple tests will boost your confidence. Try to outperform yourself with each consequent practice test and be ready to excel the exam. Let’s Start Preparing for the exam!