Searching for the right study resources and information for a quick revision then, Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) Cheat Sheet is all that you need. Here you will get a study map that includes all the essential study resources for boosting up your knowledge and confidence for the exam. As we know, Microsoft’s exams have been recognized as a rigorous model to test one’s skills, even for professionals. And, the Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam certification is one of the highly taken exam. So, using this cheat sheet we will join your journey for passing MS-500 exam and help you achieve your goal.
Before we begin the resources it is very important to understand the exam details and all the skills required.
Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Exam Overview
For the Microsoft MS-500 certification exam, you have to play the role of a skilled Microsoft 365 Security Administrator with ability to secure the Microsoft 365 enterprise environments, reacts to threats, conducts investigations, and implements data governance. Here, the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator cooperates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, market stakeholders, and other workload administrators for preparing and implementing security strategies. Moreover, you have to manage, implement, and monitor security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments in this exam.
Moving on, Microsoft have defined target audience for Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) Exam. Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam is aimed at IT Professional working with the task of a Microsoft 365 security administrator role.
Quick Cheat Sheet for Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500)
Microsoft certification is considered to be the strongest factors in advancing in your career as well as help you to seek for any new job opportunities. And, the key to prepare for Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam is to get the right study tools and materials essential for your learning style. So, check out the essential resources to pass the MS-500 Exam.
Get Familiar with Exam Objectives
The exam objectives for the Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam will help you get in-depth details about the various concepts and topics. Moreover, having a good understanding of the exam topics will let you align yourself more deeply with the major objectives of the exam. And, you will also be able to review and mark the sections and topics you find difficult. However, the MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration Study Guide cover the following topics:
Course Outline for Microsoft MS-500 Exam was updated on March 23, 2021.
Implement and manage identity and access (30-35%)
- Firstly, Secure Microsoft 365 hybrid environments (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft 365 integration with on-premises environments)
- Secure Identities
- Implement authentication methods (Microsoft Documentation: What authentication and verification methods are available in Azure Active Directory?)
- Then, Implement conditional access (Microsoft Documentation: Azure AD Conditional Access documentation)
- Implementing role-based access control (RBAC) (Microsoft Documentation: What is Azure role-based access control (Azure RBAC)?)
- Implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM) (Microsoft Documentation: Privileged Identity Management documentation)
- Lastly, Implement Azure AD Identity Protection (Microsoft Documentation: Azure AD Identity Protection documentation)
Microsoft Documentation: Protect identity and access with Microsoft 365
Implement and manage threat protection (20-25%)
- Firstly, Implement an enterprise hybrid threat protection solution (Microsoft Documentation: Azure Advanced Threat Protection documentation)
- Secondly, Implementing device threat protection (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Threat Protection)
- Implement and manage device and application protection (Microsoft Documentation: App protection policies overview)
- Lastly, Implement and manage Office 365 ATP (Microsoft Documentation: Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP))
Microsoft Documentation: Protect against threats with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Implement and manage information protection (15-20%)
- Secure data access within Office 365
- Manage Azure Information Protection (AIP) (Microsoft Documentation: What is Azure Information Protection?)
- Then, Manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP) (Microsoft Documentation: Overview of data loss prevention)
- Implement and manage Microsoft Cloud App Security (Microsoft Documentation: Get started with Microsoft Cloud App Security)
Microsoft Documentation: Protect enterprise information with Microsoft 365
Manage governance and compliance features in Microsoft 365 (25-30%)
- Configure and analyze security reporting (Microsoft Documentation: View email security reports in the Security & Compliance Center)
- Manage and analyze audit logs and reports (Microsoft Documentation: Auditing and Reporting in Microsoft cloud services)
- Then, Managing data governance and retention
- Manage search and investigation (Microsoft Documentation: Overview of Data Investigations (Preview) in Microsoft 365)
- Manage data privacy regulation compliance (Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Compliance Manager)
Microsoft Documentation: Monitor and analyze sensitive data
Microsoft Learning Platform
For MS-500 exam, Microsoft offers various learning path that is available on the official website of Microsoft. For Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam, you will find many learning paths and documentation as mentioned above. Finding relatable content on the Microsoft website is quite an easy task. However, the learning path for the Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration will help you get familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and have strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management, and data governance. After successfully passing the Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration, you will become the Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate.
The Microsoft MS-500 online training programs are available on their website. The instructor-led training is an essential resource in order to prepare for the exam like MS-500.In this course, you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources with covering concepts like user password protection, multi-factor authentication, how to enable Azure Identity Protection, how to setup and use Azure AD Connect, and introduces you to conditional access in Microsoft 365. Moreover, you will learn about threat protection technologies that helps in protecting your Microsoft 365 environment. Further, this will also cover the concepts like Secure Score, Exchange Online Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and threat management. For more you can check the program for the MS-500 exam that is:
Using Books for preparing better
Books are always a good learning resource to gain knowledge and for understanding the core of the topics as well. Moreover, you can easily start where you left and mark the important part. For the MS-500 exam, there are various books that you can refer to successfully pass the exam. Below, there are some of the MS-500 books:
- Exam Ref MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration Paperback by Ed Fisher, Nate Chamberla
Evaluate yourself with Practice Tests
Practice tests will help you to acknowledge the weak areas so that you can work on them. Moreover, by assessing yourself with the Microsoft MS-500 practice tests you will know about your weak and strong areas. And, also you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. The best way to start doing practice tests is after completing one full topic as this will work as a revision part for you.