The Splunk Core Certified Power User certification validates the skills and knowledge of individuals who work with Splunk on a regular basis. This certification demonstrates your ability to perform complex searches, create reports and dashboards, manage knowledge objects, and use advanced Splunk features.
To obtain this certification, you must pass the Splunk Core Certified Power User exam, which consists of 65 multiple-choice questions and must be completed within 90 minutes. The exam covers a wide range of topics, including searching and reporting with Splunk, creating and managing fields, creating and managing lookups, working with data models and pivots, and configuring and using the Splunk Knowledge Objects.
To prepare for the exam, it’s recommended to have at least 6 months of experience working with Splunk. Splunk provides a variety of resources to help you prepare for the exam, including training courses, documentation, and sample questions.
Once you pass the exam, you will receive a digital badge that you can use to showcase your certification. The certification is valid for 2 years, after which you will need to renew it by passing the current version of the exam or completing the required continuing education credits.
Splunk Core Certified Power User glossary
Here are some common terms and concepts related to Splunk Core Certified Power User certification:
- Splunk: A software platform for searching, analyzing, and visualizing machine-generated data.
- Indexing: The process of capturing and storing data in Splunk for later searching and analysis.
- Search language: The Splunk search language allows users to search and analyze data using commands, functions, and operators.
- Field extraction: The process of creating fields from data in a search or an index.
- Event types: Predefined searches or sets of searches that can be used to categorize and analyze data.
- Reports and dashboards: Reports and dashboards provide a way to visualize and analyze data in Splunk.
- Search head: A Splunk component that receives search requests and coordinates the search across one or more indexes.
- Indexer: A Splunk component that indexes data and makes it searchable.
- Forwarder: A Splunk component that forwards data to the indexer for indexing and searching.
- Data models: Data models are used to organize data into a hierarchical structure that makes it easier to search and analyze.
Study guide for Splunk Core Certified Power User exam
The Splunk Core Certified Power User exam is designed to test an individual’s knowledge and skills in using the Splunk platform for data analysis and visualization. Here are some study resources to help you prepare for the exam:
- Splunk documentation: The Splunk documentation is a comprehensive resource that covers all aspects of the Splunk platform, including installation, configuration, data ingestion, search, and reporting. Reading through the documentation can help you gain a deep understanding of the tool and its features.
- Splunk Core Certified Power User course: Splunk offers an online course that covers the concepts and skills required to pass the exam. The course includes modules on data input, search, fields, tags, event types, and reporting, as well as practice labs and quizzes.
- Splunk answers: Splunk Answers is a community-driven platform where users can ask and answer questions related to the Splunk platform. Browsing through the questions and answers can provide valuable insights into how others have used Splunk to solve real-world problems.
- Splunk blogs and webinars: Splunk offers a variety of blogs and webinars that cover different aspects of the platform, including best practices, tips and tricks, and new features. These resources can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in Splunk.
- Practice labs: Practice labs provide a hands-on way to practice using the Splunk platform. Splunk offers several practice labs that cover different topics, including data input, search, and reporting.
Splunk Core Certified Power User exam Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare for and pass the Splunk Core Certified Power User Exam:
- Review the exam blueprint: Review the exam blueprint provided by Splunk, which outlines the topics and objectives covered in the exam. This will help you identify areas where you need to focus your study.
- Gain hands-on experience: Splunk is a hands-on tool, so it’s important to have practical experience using it. Spend time working with Splunk to gain an understanding of how it works and how to use it effectively.
- Take training courses: Splunk offers a variety of training courses that can help you prepare for the exam. Consider taking the Splunk Core Certified Power User course, which is designed specifically for this exam.
- Study the Splunk documentation: Splunk has extensive documentation that covers all aspects of the tool. Take the time to read through the documentation to gain a better understanding of the different features and functionality.
- Practice with sample questions: Splunk provides sample questions that can help you prepare for the exam. These questions are similar in format and difficulty to the actual exam, so practicing with them can help you become more familiar with the types of questions you will encounter.
- Join a study group: Join a study group or community where you can discuss Splunk concepts and exchange knowledge with other professionals. This can help you gain a deeper understanding of the tool and provide valuable insights for the exam.
- Manage your time effectively: The Splunk Core Certified Power User Exam is timed, so it’s important to manage your time effectively. Practice answering questions within the allotted time frame and prioritize questions based on their difficulty.
Course Outline : Splunk Core Certified Power User
Here, each of the ten domains enlists the concepts and competencies that are required for the exam. Percentage against each Knowledge area signifies its contribution to the final exam. However, the Splunk Core Certified Power User exam objectives include:
- Using Transforming commands and visualizations – 5%
- Filtering and formatting results – 10%
- Correlating events – 15%
- Knowledge objects – 10%
- Fields (field aliases, field extractions, calculated fields) – 10%
- Tags and event types – 10%
- Macros – 10%
- Workflow actions – 10%
- Data models – 10%
- Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) – 10%
Prepare for the exam using Splunk Core Certified Power User Study Guide!
Splunk Core Certified Power User: Preparatory Guide
To enhance your proficiency, and hence to attain the certification, you need to work more efficiently. You are going to take an exam, whose preparation took long stretches of hard work, and master planning. This study guide will assist you in planning the Splunk Core Certified Power User blueprint and creating a study plan to pass the exam.
To ease your preparation, and help you attain proficiency to crack the Splunk Core Certified Power User Exam, Splunk offers two very important training courses. We recommend you to take these Splunk Core Certified Power User training courses, as they will help you to a very great extent. Not only, will it help you familiarize yourself with the objectives of the exam, it will also give you the expertise required in the practical scenarios.
Training Course 1 – Splunk Fundamentals 1
This course provides all the important subjects you need to study, for eg. how to search, navigate and do basic tasks in Splunk, use aliases/calculated fields, get all the statistics from your data, create the commanding reports, dashboards, lookups, and alerts. Hypothetically-based examples, mind-stimulating challenges, and training will allow the candidate to learn the above-mentioned things comfortably at their own pace. It also introduces the candidates to Splunk’s datasets features and the Pivot interface.
Benefits of the Splunk Core Certified Power User Course
- Course’s format – ELearning mode
- Interactive – Full on 30 days access to myriad types of content and material that’s been provided and a 20-minute scheduled live talk session with the instructor.
Training Course 2 – Splunk fundamentals 2
This course is the same as Splunk’s Splunk fundamentals 1, this one also focuses on searching, reporting, and creating commands, knowledge objects, etc.
Benefits of Training Courses
- Disciplined schedule: The course will be led by an instructor and will have a full control of the schedule.
Join Online Community
Joining an online community is always beneficial, no matter where it is done. The prospects of getting resolutions to an issue increase steeply when a greater number of people are involve. Also, multiple viewpoints make the stuff more dynamic. These discussions make the studies more comprehensive. Introverts get a chance to express themselves, who might otherwise prefer staying out of discussions. Forums work really well to build a community that is essential for understanding others.
Taking a practice tests is a great way to diversify your study strategy and ensure the best possible results for the real thing. Analyzing your answers will help you identify the areas where you need to give special attention, and will also let you know your alignment with the exam objectives. So start practicing for the Splunk Core Certified Power User exam Now!