Attaining certifications is not everyone’s cup of tea. It takes tremendous hard work to pass an exam and acquire your certification. And when it comes to Cisco certifications, it becomes all the more demanding and difficult. So if you are one of the thousands of aspirants who are in the quest of attaining the CCNP Collaboration (350-801 CLCOR) Certification, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss every little detail of the exam to make you align with the expectations of the certification. Moreover, in the end, we’ll be providing preparation resources, along with a well-elaborated study guide to help you prepare well for the exam. So let’s get started
What is the CCNP Collaboration (350-801 CLCOR) Certification Exam?
The CCNP Collaboration (350-801 CLCOR) Certification exam tests your knowledge of Cisco collaboration solution setup and operation. It is linked to the Collaboration Certifications CCNP and CCIE. Candidates’ abilities and knowledge in infrastructure and design, protocols, codecs, and endpoints are also tested in this exam. Cisco IOS XE gateway and media materials are also available. Call Control, Quality of Service, and Collaboration apps are also put to the test. The acronyms CCNP and CCIE stand for Cisco Certified Network Professional and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, respectively. This certification is quite valuable since Cisco Systems is a network hardware system firm.
Why get Cisco Certified?
First thing first, having Cisco certification on your resume gives a good impression to the employer. It also shows that you have time management and project management skills. Moreover, it ensures that you have the ability to complete any project put forth. It also enhances and validates your networking knowledge. As it arms professionals with the expertise necessary to tackle issues in real-world environments. The environment with the pressures and risks associated with network deployment and maintenance in large organizations.
Altogether, it’s a very important step to open up new avenues in your career advancement. And with these increased expertise in networking you have chances of a boost in salary.
Who should take the exam?
The CCNP Collaboration (350-801 CLCOR) Certification exam is for candidates who are –
- Preparing to take the CCNP Collaboration Certification
- Network Administrator
- Also, Network Engineers
- System Engineers
Recommended Knowledge and prerequisite
Your need to have working knowledge of fundamental terms of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching, and routing. With basics of digital interfaces, Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTNs), and Voice over IP (VoIP). The exam also requires foundational knowledge of converged voice and data networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment.
Let’s now check out the basic exam details of the CCNP Collaboration (350-801 CLCOR) certification exam.
|Exam Name Implementing Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies||Code 350-801 CLCOR|
|Exam Duration 120 mins||Exam Format Multiple Choice|
|Number of Questions 55-65||Eligibility/Pre-Requisite Working knowledge of fundamental terms of Computer networking, Data networks, and CiscoUnified Communications Manager deployment|
|Exam Language English||Exam Fee $400 USD|
Cisco (CLCOR 350-801) Course Outline
We shall now discuss the prescribed course outline for Cisco (CLCOR 350-801) exam.
1. Infrastructure and Design [20%]
- Firstly, Describe the key design elements of the following, pertaining to the Cisco Collaboration architecture as described in the SRND/PA
- Describe the purpose of Edge devices in the Cisco Collaboration architecture such as Expressway and Cisco Unified Border Element
- Also, Configure these network components to support Cisco Collaboration solutions
- Troubleshoot these network components in a Cisco Collaboration solution
- Finally, Explain these components to support Cisco Collaboration solutions
2. Protocols, Codecs, and Endpoints [20%]
- Firstly, Troubleshoot these elements of a SIP conversation
- Identify the appropriate collaboration codecs for a given scenario
- Also, Configure codec negotiations
- Deploy SIP endpoints
- Finally, Troubleshoot collaboration endpoints
3. Cisco IOS XE Gateway and Media Resources [15%]
- Firstly, Configure these voice gateway elements
- Configure ISDN PRI/BRI
- Also, Troubleshoot ISDN PRI/BRI
- Configure and verify the MGCP
- Finally, Identify the appropriate media resources for a given scenario (hardware and software)
4. Call Control [25%]
- Firstly, Describe the Cisco Unified Communications Manager digit analysis process
- Implement toll fraud prevention on Cisco Unified CM
- Also, Configure globalized call routing in Cisco Unified CM
- Finally, Describe Mobile and Remote Access (MRA)
5. QoS [10%]
- Firstly, Describe problems that can lead to poor voice and video quality
- Describe the QoS requirements for these application types (voice and video)
- Describe the class models for providing QoS on a network
- Also, Describe the purpose and function of these DiffServ values as it pertains to collaboration
- Describe QoS trust boundaries and their significance in LAN-based classification and marking
- Describe and determine location-based CAC bandwidth requirements
- Finally, Configure and verify LLQ (class-map, policy-map, service policy)
6. Collaboration Applications [10%]
- Firstly, Configure Cisco Unity Connection mailbox and MWI
- Configure Cisco Unity Connection SIP integration options to call control
- Also, Describe Cisco Unity Connection call handlers
- Describe Cisco Unified IM&P protocols and deployment
- Finally, Deploy Cisco Jabber on-premises
Preparation Guide for the Cisco 350-801 CLCOR Exam
To attain the Cisco 350-801 CLCOR certification, you need to work smarter. Here is the step-by-step guide and resources specially curated for appearing candidates. With thorough preparation and practice with these informative success is yours. Altogether, this is the best hassle-free approach to exam preparation.
1. Official Study guide
The first step for Candidates is to go through the official guide. Before starting exam preparations this is a must. The Cisco website has all information about the exam topics. The guide will help you understand what skills and knowledge the certification offers. Keep yourself updated about the online exams and other salient information.
2. Cisco Community
Whenever you are appearing for an exam, the most important thing is to adhere to their platform. Community tabs are a source of additional knowledge. These platforms consist of fellow aspirants. It helps you clear your doubts and learn about different projects led by others. Thus, Cisco Community offers members with creative ideas for the challenges of Cisco Technologies.
3. Training Course
The Major step is the official training course offered by Cisco. The Implementing and Operating Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (CLCOR) v1.0 course is a must for the 350-801 CLCOR Certification Exam. Further, this course offers skills like integrating and troubleshooting the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. In addition to Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for user synchronization and user authentication, etc.
4. Practice Tests
Once you have completed the course, the last step is to practice. Go through the frequently asked questionnaire. Take enough practice tests to gain the required expertise to pass the exam and attain certification. Lastly, to sum up, guaranteed success in the exam is by practice with thorough preparations.