Well if you are planning to prepare for the Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Exam and don’t know how much effort to put in to qualify for the exam. Then, it is very important that you check the MS-500 exam outline and Microsoft documentation available, to help plan better. Since the MS-500 exam is an intermediate level exam it indeed requires a proper preparation. So, here we are providing reliable information about the Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam, followed by learning resources which definitely are going to help you in successfully passing the Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam and becoming a Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate. Now, dive deep into to get into the important details of the exam.
The Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam measures the candidate’s ability to perform technical tasks such as implementing and managing identity and access; implementing and managing threat protection; implementing and managing information security, and managing governance and compliance characteristics in Microsoft 365.
Responsibilities of a Security Administrator Associate
Candidates for Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) exam should know how to implement, maintain and monitor security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments. Further, the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise situations, answers to threats, conducts investigations, and enforces data governance. In addition, the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, marketing stakeholders, and other workload administrators to design and implement security policies and guarantees that the solutions comply with the procedures and regulations of the organization.
Also, they are familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and have strong abilities and experience with identity security, information protection, threat safeguard, security management, and data governance, etc. Further, this position concentrates on the Microsoft 365 environment and includes hybrid environments.
MS-500 Exam Details
- The Microsoft 365 Security Administration will come with the code MS-500. The exam is a perfect match for IT professionals who are indulged in implementing, managing, and monitoring security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments.
- The Exam MS-500 contains 40-60 questions which will appear in the form of multiple-choice questions.
- Next, the candidate will be given 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Also, the exam is available in several languages such as English and Japanese.
- Further, the passing score is 700 (on a scale of 1-1000).
- In addition, the examination cost is $165.00.
MS-500 Course Outline
Now, the candidate should get a view of the course structure. Below, we are mentioning the course outline which the candidate should know in order to pass the MS-500 exam.
Implement and manage identity and access
- Firstly, securing Microsoft 365 hybrid environments
- Also, securing identities
- Then, implementing authentication methods
- Implement conditional access
- Next, executing role-based access control (RBAC)
- Implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
- Further, implementing Azure AD Identity Protection
Implement and manage threat protection
- Implementing an enterprise hybrid threat protection solution
- And, performing device threat protection
- Also, implementing and managing device and application protection
- Executing and manage Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Moreover, monitoring Microsoft 365 Security with Azure Sentinel
Implement and manage information protection
- Secure data access within Office 365
- Additionally, managing sensitivity labels
- Subsequently, managing Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Implement and manage Microsoft Cloud App Security
Manage governance and compliance features in Microsoft 365
- Configure and analyze security reporting
- Also, managing and analyzing audit logs and reports
- Further, managing data governance and retention
- Manage search and investigation
- Lastly, managing data privacy regulation compliance
What makes the Microsoft MS-500 Exam Difficult?
Every business needs professional candidates that can work on the machines professionally and are useful in managing operations whilst decreasing time wastage. In the MS-500 exam, the candidate will be required to learn to implement, maintain and monitor security and compliance solutions for Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments. Also, they should be familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and have strong abilities and experience with identity security, security management, information protection, threat safeguard, and data governance, etc. A lot of this makes the Exam MS-500 a little difficult.
Some questions are really tricky, so make sure you understand the difference among the terms and choose the best solution in the real environment. Moreover, there is no straightforward rule to ace the exam. Therefore, the candidate needs to have access to the right resources to enrich their learning and broaden their knowledge horizon. Refer to the following learning resources!
Important MS-500 Study Guide
- Microsoft Learning Platform – Microsoft offers recommended learning paths, the candidate should visit the official website of Microsoft. The candidate can find every possible information on the official site. For this exam, the candidate will find many learning paths and documentations. Finding relatable content on the Microsoft website is quite an easy task. Also, you can find the study guides.
- Microsoft Documentation – Microsoft Documentations are an important learning resource while preparing for exams. The candidate will find documentation on every topic relating to the particular exam.
- Instructor-Led Training– The training programs that Micorosft provides itself are available on their website. The instructor-led training is an essential resource in order to prepare for an exam like Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500).
- Online Tutorials– Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500) Online Tutorial enhances your knowledge and provides a depth understanding of the exam concepts. Additionally, they also cover exam details and policies. Therefore learning with Online Tutorials will result in strengthening your preparation.
- Evaluate yourself with Practice Test– Practice tests are the one who ensures the candidate about their preparation. The practice test will help the candidates to acknowledge their weak areas so that they can work on them. There are many practice tests available on the internet nowadays, so the candidate can choose which they want. We at Testprep training also offer practice tests which are very helpful for the ones who are preparing.
We hope that this blog helped you to plan better to prepare for the MS-500 exam! For better preparation, you should also focus on learning resources and practice tests to ensure good results. We wish you good luck with your exam!