The demand for professionals with Microsoft Certifications has increased massively in the past years. Do you want to Set yourself aside from the competition by earning this globally recognized credential ? Then the Microsoft MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services exam is just the right certification for you. It validates your technical skills and expertise. However, earning an MS-100 certification is not an easy feat. In other words, it is quite difficult for candidates to prepare for the certification exam and pass it in the first attempt.
You need the right study strategy to ace the exam. Moreover, it is very important that you must have clarity about the exam details and policies before beginning your preparation journey. This helps you devise a study plan that aligns with the exam objectives. Therefore, we provide you a detailed article about the exam format that is easy to digest and helps you prepare better. . Furthermore, we will be adding a few quick links to the learning resources that will supplement your preparations. So without further ado lets begin
What is MS-100 Exam?
Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (MS-100) exam assesses you in the role of Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrators with abilities to evaluate, plan, migrate, deploy, and manage Microsoft 365 services. However, these administrators are responsible for performing various Microsoft 365 tenant management tasks for an enterprise, including its identities, security, compliance, and supporting technologies.
Exam Knowledge Requirement
- Firstly, you must have a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 workloads.
- Secondly, you must have been an administrator for at least one Microsoft 365 workload (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, or Windows as a Service).
- Lastly, a working knowledge of networking, server administration, and IT fundamentals such as DNS, Active Directory, and PowerShell.
Microsoft MS-100 | Learning Pathway
Microsoft MS-100 Certifification Path:
Microsoft MS-100 Exam Format
The exam format acts as a blueprint for the exam. It helps you get an overview of the what the actual exam will look like. Lets have a quick glance t the exam format to enhance your preparations:
- Firstly, this exam covers 40 to 60 questions. You will get 180 minutes to complete the exam. Therefore, you need to maintain a great speed with high accuracy to complete the exam.
- Secondly, the Microsoft MS-100 exam questions can be of type scenario-based single answer questions, multiple-choice questions, arrange in the correct sequence type questions, drag & drop questions, mark review, drag, and drop, etc. As you answer the questions, use the method of elimination. Figure out and eliminate the wrong choice, and voila! you have the right answer.
- Moreover, to apply for the exam, the examination fee is $165 USD including taxes.
- Also, the exam is available in English and the Japanese language.
- Finally, to score a minimum of 700 or more to pass the exam
Microsoft MS-100 exam measures the ability to perform technical tasks for designing and implementing Microsoft 365 services with managing access and authentication. Candidates also plan Office workloads and applications.
You can schedule the exam in the following ways:
- For Non-Students interested in Technology
- For Students or Instructors
Microsoft allows free cancelling of the Exam within 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. But, if you fail to show up on your exam day without rescheduling or cancelling your exam, Microsoft reserves all rights to forfeit your entire exam fee. Rescheduling and Cancellation of your scheduled exams can be done through the Certification Dashboard.
Microsoft Certifications no longer expire. Previously Microsoft certifications used to expire and most of them were good for three years, and some of the required a recertification after 2 years. Microsoft has overhauled its certification process and now these certifications are valid for life.
Microsoft MS-100 Exam Outline
Understanding the course outline of Microsoft MS-100 exam is the next important step. It familiarises you with the exam framework. The exam course includes 4 domains. The Percentage against each domain represents its weightage in the exam. Also, these domains are divided in to subtopics to provide further insights about the exam course. You should tailor your study plan around these exam topics to achieve the certification.
Course Outline for Microsoft MS-100 exam was updated on February 24, 2021.
Design and Implement Microsoft 365 Services (25-30%)
- Fisrtly, Plan architecture
- Secondly,Deploy Microsoft 365 tenant
- Thirdly, Configure Microsoft 365 tenancy and subscription
- Also, Manage Microsoft 365 subscription and tenant health
- Further, Plan migration of users and data
Manage User Identity and Roles (25-30%)
- Moreover, Design identity strategy
- Plan identity synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Then, Manage identity synchronization by using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Manage Azure AD identities
- Subsequently, Manage roles
Manage Access and Authentication (15-20%)
- Next, Manage authentication
- Plan and implement secure access
- Configure application access
Plan Office 365 Workloads and Applications (25-30%)
- Also, Plan Microsoft 365 Apps deployment
- Plan for messaging deployments
- Additionally, Plan for Microsoft SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Plan for Microsoft Teams infrastructure
- Finally, Plan Microsoft Power Platform integration
The result is declared immediately after your exam. The score is displayed and you will see whether you have cleared the exam or not. You need to score 700 or above to qualify this exam.
“Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation” Therefore, you must prepare with the right resources to pass this exam with flying colours. So lets have a look at your learning resources.
Microsoft MS-100 Exam Preparation Guide
Certification can be a bit stressful in varying ways. But preparing with the right resources will help you sail smoothly in your preparation journey. However, before venturing on any journey, one must have a clear idea of what he/she is putting themselves into. Therefore, you must begin wit the Official Exam site and familiarise with the exam objectives. This will provide you a clear idea about the exam.
Next you should visit the Microsoft learning platform to understand the exam concepts in detail. Further, you can choose training courses. Microsoft provides Instructor-led training that covers central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration. The Microsoft 365 Identity and Services course will help you understand the key components that must be planned for when designing your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Also, you should learn with Microsoft Documentations. Microsoft Docs consists of modules that will help you gain a lot of knowledge about Microsoft 365 and its services. And most importantly, refer books- the golden resources for preparations. You can easily locate the topic you want to check and learn. Related to the MS-100 exam, there are some excellent books ruling the market for years that you can use or refer to study. We suggest you to refer the Microsoft Exam MS-100 Study Guide with respect to books.
Lastly, the best way to enhance your knowledge is by referring Online Tutorials. These Tutorials provide in depth understanding about the exam and its concepts. Additionally, it also covers exam details and policies. Therefore learning with Online Tutorials will result in strengthening your preparation.
In a nutshell, Microsoft MS-100 exam can open the door to increased visibility, better opportunities and new jobs in your industry. It will help you bridge the gap towards your dream job. A strong preparations strategy will go a long way in your journey towards the exam. But once you have covered your complete syllabus for the exam, how will you be able to analyse your preparation for each topic? The answer is simple- with Practice tests. Practice tests are the most efficient as well as beneficial ways to determine the level of your preparation. Moreover, the main aim of designing practice tests is to provide the candidate with the real exam environment. Thus, going through practice tests helps you find your strengths and iron out your weaknesses. Therefore, attempt as many practice tests as you can and boost your confidence. Lets Start Practising Now!