C_HANATEC_17: SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam measures the candidate’s skills and knowledge in the area of the SAP HANA 2.0 (SPS05) for the profile of an SAP HANA technology consultant. However, this certification exam is developed on the basic knowledge gained through related SAP HANA training and with practical experience under the SAP HANA project team. Further, this knowledge gained by the consultant is applied practically in projects.
C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam also verifies that the candidate has the ability to install SAP HANA required by the profile of an SAP HANA technology consultant.
SAP Exam Details
C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam is an associate certification level exam that will have a total of 80 questions in the exam. To complete the exam, there will be a time limit of 180 minutes. However, to pass the exam, candidates must score at least 61%. Further, the C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam will cost you $599 USD and is available in the English language only.
For scheduling SAP exam:
- Firstly, for online exam booking, visit the Certification Hub. Then, review the exams listed on the Exam Dashboard menu. After that, schedule an appropriate exam appointment time and date.
- Secondly, a confirmation message will appear that will ensure that you have successfully placed an order. However, this does not mean the booking is completed. That is to say, one more booking confirmation mail will be sent that confirms the details of your booking.
- Lastly, check all the details and if there are any incorrect details then contact your local SAP representative.
Exam Course Outline
SAP provides a list of topics for the C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam that contains various sections. The topics include:
1. SAP HANA Installation, Configuration and Upgrade
Performing installation, update and post-installation configuration tasks of the SAP HANA 2.0 database system.
2. SAP HANA Database Administration
Performing the daily SAP HANA database administration tasks using SAP HANA cockpit.
3. SAP HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Install, configure and monitor SAP HANA database systems that are setup in a scale-out or in system replication configuration.
4. SAP HANA Architecture and Deployment Options
Describing the SAP HANA database system architecture and the different deployment options.
5. SAP HANA Backup and Recovery
Configure and execute SAP HANA database system backups and restores in single host and system replication setups.
6. SAP HANA Database Security
Understand the SAP HANA database system security concepts, create SAP HANA users and roles and setup audit policies.
7. SAP HANA Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Monitor and analyze the performance of SAP HANA systems, and be able to troubleshoot problems and perform Root Cause Analysis using the SAP HANA cockpit tools.
8. Database Migration Options for SAP HANA
Be able to perform database migrations from AnyDB to SAP HANA using the Database Migration Option (DMO) of SUM.
For More: Check C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 FAQs
SAP Exam Policies
SAP certification policies explains the exam terms and procedures as well as helps in getting familiar with the SAP exam pattern. Some of the policy includes:
Cancelling or Rescheduling Exam
Candidates can complete the cancellation or reschedule process in the Certification Hub. There, just click the calendar icon available in the “Exam Appointments/Upcoming Appointments” section. However, this process should be completed at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment date and time.
Online exam taking process
- Firstly, there is a system test using the System Test provided on the home page of Certification and for this preparation equipment at least 24 hours prior to the exam.
- Next, check the following equipment in place before taking your exam:
- Firstly, Questionmark Secure browser
- Secondly, Webcam
- Thirdly, Microphone or headset
- Next, Adobe Flash
- Lastly, Broadband connection
- Secondly, use SAP user ID to log on to the system. Then, you have to provide two valid IDs. This can be:
- Firstly, signed government-issued passport
- Secondly, signed driver’s license
- Thirdly, signed military ID card
- Then, bank/credit card
- Lastly, ensure that the exam place is a quiet and secure location. Moreover, before starting the exam, the supervisor will ask you to rotate your webcam around the room before beginning your SAP Global Certification exam.
C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 Exam Study Guide
Familiarity with Exam Objective
Exam objectives provide the list of topics consisting of sections and subsections. This provides candidates a better way to start preparing for the C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam according to their preferred concepts area. However, the exam topics include:
- Firstly, SAP HANA Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade
- Secondly, SAP HANA Database Administration
- Thirdly, SAP HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Next, SAP HANA Architecture and Deployment Options
- Then, SAP HANA Backup and Recovery
- After that, SAP HANA Database Security
- SAP HANA Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Lastly, Database Migration Options for SAP HANA
Instructor-led Training for C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam provides lessons by an instructor offering a traditional or virtual classroom experience. Further, this includes:
- Classroom training comes with in-person training handled by SAP experts that provide a fully hands-on learning experience with a subject matter expert for guidance in each exercise.
- SAP Live Class virtual training gives access to comprehensive live training from SAP experts. Moreover, the live class contains e-course materials and helps you connect with classmates from around the world.
Self-paced Training provides course materials and practice lessons as per the exam. This includes:
SAP learning hub provides learning resources and a comprehensive SAP skill-building knowledge base to the candidates. This also include:
- Firstly, self-paced digital learning content
- Secondly, expert-level social learning forums and access to training systems
- Thirdly, options to choose between a full catalog or a specific catalog depending on your learning needs.
- Lastly, this provides digital training for building, maintaining, and validating skills.
SAP Recommended Course
HA200: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 – Installation and Administration
This course helps in enhancing understanding and learning:
- Firstly, installing, updating, and configuring an SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 database.
- Secondly, installing, updating, and configuring SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 SP12.
- Thirdly, performing the SAP HANA system administration tasks using SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 SP12 in a multitenant database environment.
- Next, starting and stopping, changing the configuration, backing up, and troubleshooting an SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 database.
- Lastly, backing up and recovering a multitenant SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 database.
HA201: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 – High Availability and Disaster Tolerance Administration
In this course candidates will learn about:
- Firstly, installing and configuring a high available multi host SAP HANA scale- out database system.
- Secondly, understanding the process of SAP HANA scale-out system during a failure of a slave or master node.
- Thirdly, installing and configuring SAP HANA system replication using the classic setup and the new Active/Active setup.
- Lastly, understanding the SAP HANA python scripts provided by SAP.
HA215: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 – Using Monitoring and Performance Tools
This will help candidates to enhance their knowledge and skills for:
- Firstly, using the SAP HANA cockpit for performing emergency troubleshooting. As the SAP HANA traces for investigation of costly statements and for setting up SAP HANA Workload Management and SAP HANA Capture and Replay tools.
HA250: Database Migration using DMO – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05
This will help in preparing candidates for:
- Firstly, using Software Update Manager (SUM) for migrating SAP HANA autonomously. This tool is for system maintenance of SAP systems that is based on SAP NetWeaver.
- Secondly, learning important tasks for an SAP HANA administrator for the combined update and migration of an SAP system to the SAP HANA database.
HA100: SAP HANA – 360° Introduction
This helps candidates to learn about:
- Firstly, the key technology of SAP HANA
- Secondly, the key roles and their responsibilities in an SAP HANA project
- Thirdly, working with the various SAP HANA interfaces used by developers and administrators
- Then, creating a data model using SAP HANA modeling tools
- Next, acquiring data and load to SAP HANA
- Lastly, developing a report that runs on an SAP HANA data model and getting started with the application development environment
Assess yourself with using Practice Tests
Practice tests can be a very essential source of knowledge that can help you to prepare better for the C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 exam. That is to say, by taking assessments topic wise you will know about your weak and strong areas as well as gain skills for managing time. Side by side this will also improve your answering skills and will enhance your revision level. So, start practicing using the C_HANATEC_17: SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05 practice exam tests and pass the exam.