Eligibility and Requirement
- Apprentice card is available for people who have commenced on a recognised apprenticeship framework.
- Apprentice Card is valid for four years and six months, and cannot be renewed.
- Applicant would be required to email evidence to show that he/she is registered for an apprenticeship to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to calling.
- Else applicants can alternatively apply by post using the application form.
How to confirm that the applicant is registered for an apprenticeship?
- Letter from the Managing Agency of apprenticeship, to confirm the registration and qualifications (with full titles and pathways)
- Letter from apprenticeship training provider confirming registration and qualifications (with full titles and pathways)
- Apprenticeship Agreement, provided that it shows the occupation and qualification (including pathways) for which the applicant is registered.
How to exempt from the CITB Health, Safety & Environment ?
- Letter or email from the Managing Agency of apprenticeship (that must be clearly identified that they are a Managing Agency) confirming that applicant have met the Managing Agency’s Health and Safety requirements
- Certificate for a one day Health and Safety Awareness course
- Health and Safety unit included in your induction or initial qualification.
In case applicant satisfies none of the above, then they will be required to take the CITB Health, Safety & Environment test before applying for the Apprentice card.