PRINCE2 Foundation Certification
This certification is aimed at current and aspiring project managers or professionals who manage projects. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers or staff.
- Multiple-choice questions
- 60 questions per paper
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- One hour's (60 minutes) duration
- Closed book.
The Prince2 Foundation exam covers the following topics -
Learning outcome 1 - Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- the definition and characteristics of a project
- the six aspects of project performance to be managed
- the integrated elements of PRINCE2: principles, themes, processes and the project environment
- what makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- the features and benefits of PRINCE2
- the customer/supplier context on which PRINCE2 is based
Learning outcome 2 - Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
2.1 Explain the PRINCE2 principles:
- continued business justification
- learn from experience
- defined roles and responsibilities
- manage by stages
- manage by exception
- focus on products
- tailor to suit the project
2.2 Explain which aspects of a project can be tailored, who is responsible, and how tailoring decisions are documented
Learning outcome 3 - Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
3.1.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the business case theme
- business case, benefits management approach
3.1.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the business case
3.1.3 Define key concepts related to business justification, and the differences between them: outputs, outcomes, benefits & dis-benefits
3.2.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the organization theme
- communication management approach
3.2.2 Describe what PRINCE 2 requires, as a minimum, for applying the organization theme
3.2.3 Describe the role and responsibilities of: 7.2.1 (all subsections)
- project board
- senior user
- senior supplier
- project assurance
- change authority
- project manager
- team manager
- project support
3.2.4 Explain key concepts related to organization
- the three project interests and how these are represented within the four levels of management
3.3.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the quality theme (8.1),
- product description, project product description, quality management approach, quality register
3.3.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the quality theme 8.2 BL2 1
3.3.3 Explain key concepts related to quality, and the differences between them:
- quality planning and quality control
- project assurance and quality assurance
- customer quality expectations and acceptance criteria
3.4.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the plans theme
- project plan, stage plan, exception plan, team plan
3.4.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the plans theme
3.4.3 Recall the steps in:
- the recommended approach to planning, including
- the recommended approach to defining and analyzing the products
- the factors to consider when structuring the project into management stages
3.5.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the risk theme, including the purpose of a risk budget
- risk management approach, risk register
3.5.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the risk theme. 10.2 BL2 1
3.5.3 Define key concepts related to risk, and the differences between them:
- a risk: threat or opportunity
- recommended risk response types
- risk owner and risk actionee
- cause, event and effect
- risk probability, risk impact and risk proximity
3.5.4 Describe the recommended risk management procedure 10.3.2,
3.6.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the change theme, including the purpose of a change budget
- change control approach, configuration item record, issue register, issue report, product status account
3.6.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the change theme.
- types of issue
- the recommended issue and change control procedure .
3.7.1 Explain the purpose of:
- the progress theme
- the daily log, lessons log, lessons report, work package, end-stage report, end project report, checkpoint report, highlight report exception report.
3.7.2 Describe PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the progress theme.
3.7.3 Explain key concepts related to progress:
- event-driven and time-driven controls
- tolerances and exceptions, including how tolerances are set and exceptions, are reported
4.1 Explain the purpose of the PRINCE2 processes:
- starting up a project, including the purpose of the project brief,
- directing a project, including the purpose of the project initiation documentation (PID)
- initiating a project,
- controlling a stage,
- managing product delivery,
- managing a stage boundary,
- closing a project
4.2 Explain the objectives of the PRINCE2 processes (as above, excluding the PID and project brief):
4.3 Explain the context of the PRINCE2 processes (as above, excluding the PID and project brief):
Exam Format and Information
|Exam Name PRINCE2 Foundation||Eligibility/Pre-Requisite NIL|
|Exam Duration 60 mins||Exam Format Multiple Choice and Multi-Response Questions|
|Exam Type Foundational (Closed Book Exam)||Number of Questions 60 Questions|
|Pass Score 36/60 required to pass = 60% pass mark||Exam Fee $300|
|Exam Language English||Validity 5 years|
PRINCE2 Foundation FAQs
What is Prince2 Foundation Exam Outline?
- Learning outcome 1 - Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Learning outcome 2 - Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Learning outcome 3 - Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
How to prepare for PRINCE2® Foundation exam using online tutorial?
PRINCE2® Foundation Online tutorial act as a study guide. This enhances your preparation level by providing updated exam details, course outline and study methods that you can use to have a good start in a step by step manner. Learn about
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
PRINCE2 is owned by whom?
Does Testprep Training offer Money Back Guarantee for the Exam Simulator?
Is the latest version of the PRINCE2 exam more difficult than it was previously?
How long will it take for my exam code to be issued?
How long is my PRINCE2 exam code valid for?
Do you provide any preparation guidance for this certification exam?
Can we try the free test before purchasing the practice exam?
Is there any assistance from Testprep Training in terms of exam preparation?
Is PRINCE2 suitable for non-IT projects?
For how long is the license valid after purchase?
Do you offer any discount on the bulk purchase?
The PRINCE2 is recognized by which countries?
Why Choose Us?
We are offering hundreds of UNIQUE practice questions for various certification exam.
Many hours of Training Videos for all Exam Objectives (100% Syllabus Covered)
Money Back Guarantee
We provide 100% Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
Our support team consists of Subject Matter Experts, ready to clarify all your questions.