Getting a certification from a well recognized provider like Salesforce can be a pathway for creating a good future. We are well familiar with the value of the Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) Certification that is widely recognized. For becoming Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201), it is important to cover up all the knowledge of salesforce community and its capabilities. And, in order to help you get completed with all the things related to the this exam, in this cheat sheet we will talk about all the ways and areas that will lead you towards earning this certificate.
Coming on to the exam, Salesforce Certifications help you validate your skills and demonstrate your expertise. And, Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) exam is designed for those who have experience with Salesforce and continuously look for ways to assist their companies in getting even more from additional features and capabilities. Moreover, the exam covers the breadth of applications, the features and functions available to an end user, and the configuration and management options available to an administrator across the Sales, Service, and Collaboration Clouds.
You must know that there are two certifications within the Salesforce Certified Administrator program.
- Firstly, the Salesforce Certified Administrator certification, which focuses on the features and functionality used to maintain a Salesforce implementation.
- Secondly, the Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator, which is targeted toward the Salesforce Certified Administrator who has mastered Salesforce configuration maintenance. And also can demonstrate an understanding of administration best practices as well as can use the advanced features and functionality to solve a variety of business problems.
Knowledge and experience for the exam
For Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) certification exam, there are no prerequisites. But, salesforce recommends that Salesforce Certified Administrator should have general knowledge of the features available to end users and the configuration options available to a Salesforce Administrator. Moreover, you must be able to maintain a Salesforce organization, respond to common business requirements, and perform administrative functions using current Salesforce features. Additionally, you should have 6 or more months of experience as a Salesforce Administrator and should be able to successfully perform the tasks which has been defined in the syllabus outline.
Cheat Sheet: Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) Exam
We all know that Salesforce provides unique concepts with bringing best-in-class training when it comes to certification. From getting certified with Salesforce certification, you will be able to explore many new opportunities. However, in order to prepare better, it is important to have the right Salesforce administrator exam guide, study resources, and pathway. So, this cheat sheet will surely make the preparation journey easy and you’ll be able to pass the exam with confidence.
Getting Familiar with Exam Objectives
Understanding and getting familiar with the main objectives of the Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) Exam is very important. Getting to know about the exam objectives will provide you an insight into the exam. Moreover, you will be able to align yourself more deeply with the major objectives of the exam. Further, it also helps in reviewing and marking the sections that can be studied later. However, the topics that are included in the Salesforce administrator certification exam guide are provided below:
Organizational Setup: 3%
Documentation: organisational setup
- Describe the information found in the company settings (for example, fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings). (Salesforce Documentation: Set Up Your Company in Salesforce)
- Distinguish between the various UI features that an administrator controls, including the implications (for example, UI settings, search settings, list views, homepage layouts). (Salesforce Documentation: Configure User Interface Settings)
User Setup: 7%
- Identify the steps to set up and/or maintain a user (for example, assign licenses, reset passwords, and resolve locked user accounts). (Salesforce Documentation: User Setup)
- Understand the implications of activating, deactivating, or freezing a user. (Salesforce Documentation: Freeze or Unfreeze User Accounts)
Security and Access: 13%
Documentation: security and access
- Explain the various organization security controls (for example, passwords, IP restrictions, identity confirmation, network settings). (Salesforce Documentation: Data Security)
- Given a user request scenario, apply the appropriate security controls based on the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model (for example, organization-wide defaults, roles and the role hierarchy, manual sharing, sharing rules, and public groups). (Salesforce Documentation: Study Up on Security and Access)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile or permission set using the various profile settings and permissions. (Salesforce Documentation: Control Who Sees What)
- Describe how folders can be used to organize and secure communication templates, dashboards, and reports. (Salesforce Documentation: Managing Folders)
Standard and Custom Objects: 14%
Documentation: standard and custom objects
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model. (Salesforce Documentation: Object Relationships)
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields and page layouts on standard and custom objects, and understand the implications of deleting fields. (Salesforce Documentation: Delete Fields)
- Given a scenario, determine how to create and assign page layouts, record types, and business processes for custom and standard objects. (Salesforce Documentation: Assign Record Types and Page Layouts in the Enhanced Profile User Interface)
Sales and Marketing Applications: 14%
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process. (Salesforce Documentation: Sales and Marketing Applications)
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate sales productivity features using opportunity tools, and know when products and Price Books should be used.
- Describe the capabilities of lead automation tools and campaign management. (Salesforce Documentation: Build your own “lead machine”)
- Describe the capability of Salesforce Content. (Salesforce Documentation: sales and marketing application)
Service and Support Applications: 13%
- Describe the capabilities of case management (for example, case processes, case settings, and case comments). (Salesforce Documentation: Service and Support Applications)
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management (for example, case assignment, auto-response, escalation, web-to-case, email-to-case, case teams).
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Knowledge. (Salesforce Documentation: Salesforce Knowledge)
- Describe the capabilities of the Community application (for example, Ideas and Answers). (Salesforce Documentation: Prep for Service and Support Applications)
Activity Management and Collaboration: 3%
- Describe the capabilities of activity management (for example, manage tasks, events, public calendars, multi-day events. (Salesforce Documentation: Activity Management and Collaboration)
- Describe the features of Chatter (for example, feed, groups, following, security). (Salesforce Documentation: Chatter Overview)
Data Management: 10%
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, and mass deleting data (for example, CSV files, data quality, field mapping, record IDs, external IDs, duplicate records). (Salesforce Documentation: data management)
- Given a scenario, identify tools and use cases for managing data (for example, dataloader, data import wizard). (Salesforce Documentation: Review Data Management)
- Describe the capabilities and implications of data validation tools.
- Describe the different ways to backup data (for example, data export service, exports, dataloader). (Salesforce Documentation: backup Salesforce data)
Analytics—Reports and Dashboards: 10%
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report (for example, report type, report format, fields, summarizing data, filtering data, charting, scheduling, and conditional highlighting). (Salesforce Documentation: Practice Reports and Dashboards)
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports. (Salesforce Documentation: impact of the sharing model on reports)
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (for example, dashboard components, data sources, chart types, scheduling, and running user).
- Describe the capabilities of custom report types. (Salesforce Documentation: The Ultimate Guide to Report Types)
Workflow/Process Automation: 8%
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate automation solution based on the capabilities of workflow/process. (Salesforce Documentation: Study up on Workflow and Automation)
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process. (Salesforce Documentation: Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals)
Desktop and Mobile Administration: 3%
Documentation: Desktop and mobile administration
- Describe the capabilities of the Salesforce Mobile App. (Salesforce Documentation: Salesforce Mobile App)
- Describe the installation and synchronization options of Salesforce Lightning for Outlook. (Salesforce Documentation: Define Lightning Sync for Microsoft® Exchange Settings for Reps)
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications. (Salesforce Documentation: app exchange)
Use Exam Official Page for staying Updated
The first step is to go through the Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) exam official page. Doing this will help you stay updated with all the exam changes and modifications. Moreover, there you can download the Exam Guide of Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) exam. The Salesforce administrator exam guide provides authentic details about the exam course. So, check the exam page and start using all the beneficial resources provided by Salesforce.
Books have always been the most preferred resource while preparing for any exam. They are a golden resource to gain in-depth clarity about the subject. We highly recommend you hit the books while you are preparing for the Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) exam. Because books provide you a detailed understanding of the exam courses and help you gain deeper insights and profound knowledge. Moreover, you will get familiarity and understanding with concepts and thus work as a good source for any time preparation. Some of the Salesforce administrator books include:
- Firstly, Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification Guide: Become a Certified Advanced Salesforce Administrator with this exam guide
- Secondly, Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Practice Exam Dumps 2020: Salesforce Platform Developer 1 240+ Exam Questions
- Lastly, Salesforce CRM – The Definitive Admin Handbook: Build, configure, and customize Salesforce CRM and mobile solutions, 5th Edition
Go for Salesforce Training
Salesforce offers training courses that will help you follow a guided path with tutorials and increases your chances of clearing the exam. Also, the Salesforce administrator online training helps you in learning how to implement the exam concepts in real life, thereby providing you practical experience and hands-on training.
Instructor led training courses offered are a follows:
- Administration Essentials for New Admins (ADM-201)
- Administration Essentials for New Administrators in Lightning Experience and Certification (ADX-201C)
- Preparing for Your Salesforce Administrator Certification (CRT-101)
- Administrative Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience (ADX-201)
- Lightning Experience Administrative Essentials for New Admins (ADX-201E)
- Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for New Admins (SPP201)
Start using Practice Tests
Including Salesforce administrator certification practice tests in your revision is a must. Taking a practice test is a great way to understand your study strategy and ensure the best possible results for the real thing. And, this will help you identify your weak areas so, that you can work on them. Moreover, using the practice tests for the Salesforce Administrator (ADM-201) exam will help you understand the pattern of the questions as well as improve your answering skills.