Undoubtedly, there are so many varieties of project management methodologies are available. But PRINCE2 is one of the most used and accepted around the globe. Not only will PRINCE2 be beneficial in helping you out with your projects but also is practical, flexible and innovative.
PRINCE2 is also known as Project IN Controlled Environments. This is also a process-based method to maintain any project effectively. Moreover, PRIINCE2 has helped many individual constructs, develop as well as put forward the best step forward in any project. Whatever your project be, the themes, the processes and principles of PRINCE2 will help the candidate achieve their desired project goals. However, this method belongs to the public domain and offers a generic. Therefore, PRINCE2 has acquired a great success all over industries.
So, if you want to achieve PRINCE2 certification and have no idea where to start. Stay with us and by the end of the article, you will acquire all the information to pass the PRINCE2 examination. So, let’s start!
Principals of PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
Below are all the principles of PRINCE2 exam
Benefits of PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
Widely accepted and recognized around the globe, the PRINCE2 exam is extremely beneficial. Here are all the benefits that professionals enjoy.
- Firstly, this certification helps candidates in acquiring the first class Project Management skills.
- By being a certified PRINCE2 professional, you can easily get a huge number of opportunities.
- Moreover, this certification will also prove to be an asset to your prospect.
- Lastly, certified professionals have an easy-going in managing projects compared to any other candidate.
Exam overview- PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
PRINCE2 exam is an advanced level examination. To acquire PRINCE2 certification candidate should have qualified both PRINCE2 foundations as well as PRINCE2 Practioner exam. This exam intent to measure a candidate’s ability to apply PRINCE 2 while managing any project. So, here is a list of all the skills a candidate must possess.
- Firstly, a candidate must be able to understand and apply all principles while managing a project.
- Secondly, they should be able to acquire all the knowledge about themes too.
- Lastly, the candidate must be able to use processes while working on a project.
Below are all the basic details of the exam.
PRINCE2 Practitioner: Exam details
Exam details are one of the most crucial parts of any examination. Therefore, we’re providing in this section all the relevant information regarding the PRINCE2 practitioner examination. So, you don’t have to go through all the hassle. Let’s acquire all the exam details
PRINCE2 Practitioner Prerequisites
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is the advanced level of the Foundation certification. Therefore, it’s important to have prior knowledge and experience in project management. From, this list below, the candidate must have qualified at least one of the examinations before appearing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Lastly, IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director) or IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager) or IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager) or IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate)
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam Format
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam comprises of 68 questions. The question format in the examination is multiple choice objective type questions. Moreover, out of 68 questions, 35 questions are from themes. Next 25 questions come from processes. Last 8 question come from principle section of the exam. However, this exam is an open book examination i.e. candidate is allowed to open Official PRINCE2 manual only
To register for the exam, the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam Fee of 300 USD is applicable. Since the pricing for the examination varies from country to country. Therefore we suggest you confirm with your exam provider for an exact fee.
To qualify the PRINCE2 practitioner exam, the candidate should be4 able to score at least 55%. This means that out of 68 questions, the candidate must have correctly attempted 38 questions. Though scoring above 55% is always appreciated and this will also boost up your confidence.
This sums up all the exam details related to PRINCE2 practitioner exam. Now, let’s move on and understand the process of PRINCE2 practitioner exam.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Results
Candidates appearing for web-based exams can very well view their exam results immediately after completion.
Maintain Practitioner status
Remember, that PRINCE2 foundation exam never expires. But on the other hand, PRINCE2 practitioner certification is only valid for three years. This implies that candidates need to appear for the same in order to maintain their practitioner status.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam processes
In this section, you will understand the process of PRINCE2 practitioner exam. First thing first, PRINCE2 is a process-based pathway for project management. This certification provides an easy tailored as well as scalable method to all the projects. Moreover, each process in this PRINCE2 process id defined with its key inputs and outputs compiled together. This further, helps in achieving specific objectives and activities to be carried out.
Moreover, this process-based pathway includes the following steps:
START A PROJECT
This is the very first process in PRINCE2. This step ensures that all the prerequisites are designed to initiate the project. Therefore, this is known as a pre-project process. This further includes three elements.
- First thing first, make sure that all information regarding the project is available.
- The second step includes designing and appointment of the Project Management Team.
- The last step includes the creation of the Initiation Stage Plan.
INITIATE A PROJECT
This is the very next step of PRINCE2 process. Further the objectives of this step include:
- The first step is to collect information on whether or not there is sufficient justification to proceed with the project
- After this, a stable management basis is established on which to proceed
- Subsequently, all the documents confirm that an acceptable Business Case exists for the project
- As a result, the commencement of work starts after firms ensure and accepts the foundation.
- Now, agree to the commitment of resources for the first stage of the project
- After this enable and encourage the Project Board to take ownership of the project
- Afterwards, provide the baseline for the decision-making processes required during the project’s life
- Lastly, ensure that the investment of time and effort required by the project is made wisely, taking account of the risks to the project.
MANAGE STAGE BOUNDARIES
The step in the PRINCE2 process offers the Project Board with decision remarks on whether to continue the project or not. Moreover, the objectives of this step are:
- The first step is to assure the Project Board that all deliverables planned in the current Stage Plan have been completed as defined
- Afterwards, Provide the information needed for the Project Board to assess the continuing viability of the project
- Also , provide the Project Board with the information needed to approve the current stage’s completion and authorise the start of the next stage, together with its delegated tolerance level
- Last but not least, record any measurements or lessons which can help later stages of this project and/or other projects.
CONTROL A STAGE
The fourth step of the PRINCE2 process is one of the most crucial steps in Project Management. Moreover, this also forms the core of the Project manager’s effort on the projects by ensuring that the stage stays on course and reacts to unexpected events. However, this step is a cycle of steps which include:
- Firstly, Authorizing work to be done
- Secondly, gathering progress information about that work
- Thirdly, watching for changes
- Fourthly, reviewing the situation
- After this comes reporting
- As a result, taking any necessary corrective action.
MANAGE PRODUCT DELIVERY
Additionally, this step ensures that all planned products are created and delivered by:
- To begin with, making certain that work on products allocated to the team is effectively authorized and agreed on accepting and to check Work Packages
- Also, ensuring that work conforms to the requirements of interfaces identified in the Work Package
- Similarly, ensuring that the work is done
- Subsequently, assessing work progress and forecasts regularly
- Likewise, ensuring that completed products meet quality criteria
- In conclusion, obtaining approval for the completed products.
CLOSE A PROJECT
After this comes to the sixth step. All the execution to control the project is handled in this step. This process is all about wrapping up the project. Furthermore, the objectives of these steps include:
- To begin with, check the extent to which the objectives or aims set out in the Project Initiation Document (PID) have been met
- Afterwards, confirm the extent of the fulfilment of the Project Initiation Document (PID) and the Customer’s satisfaction with the deliverables
- Meanwhile, obtain formal acceptance of the deliverables
- After this, ensure to what extent all expected products have been handed over and accepted by the Customer
- Likewise, confirm that maintenance and operation arrangements are in place (where appropriate)
- Together with this, make any recommendations for follow-on actions
- Also, Capture lessons resulting from the project and complete the Lessons Learned Report
- Furthermore, prepare an End Project Report
- Thereby, notify the host organisation of the intention to disband the project organisation and resources.
PLAN A PROJECT
Last but not least, this step is a repeatable process. Additionally, this step also offers activities to plan that include:
- Starting with, design the plan
- Moving on, define and analyse the products
- Furthermore, identify the activities and dependencies
- Afterwards, prepare estimates
- Likewise, prepare the schedule
- After this, analyse the risks
- Lastly, document the plan
After looking at this section, don’t doubt yourself. You can easily, qualify the certification if you follow our roadmap to qualify Prince2 Practitioner Exam. So, don’t forget to check that section out. But before that let us understand the process to schedule the exam.
Schedule PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
When scheduling for PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam, remember that you have two options to choose from. So, let’s understand both the steps to schedule the exam, one by one.
PROCEDURE 1 (via PeasonVue)
Step 1: Visit the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the header ‘Take the Exam’.
Step 2: Now, in the bottom right corner, under ‘Approved Test Centre’, click ‘Pearson Vue’.
Step 3: After this, locate the host option and here create an account to schedule the exam.
Step 4: subsequently, click on ‘Find a Test Center’. Lastly, you’ll proceed towards the chosen test centre to schedule the examination date that you prefer.
This was simple, right? Now let’s move onto the second procedure to schedule the exam.
PROCEDURE 2 (via Prometric)
Step 1: Visit the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the header ‘Take the Exam’.
Step 2: Now, in the bottom right corner, under ‘Approved Test Centre’, click ‘Prometric’.
Step 3: subsequently, fill all your details and schedule the exam at your own convenience.
Roadmap to qualify Prince2 Practitioner Exam
A good preparatory guide always leads to the qualification of any exam.
Any goal can be achieved with a good roadmap. Therefore, we have provided you with a step by step guide to passing the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam with flying colours. So let’s start!
A field trip to Official Website
In the first place, the candidate needs to understand that the official website of PRINCE2 is the most authentic website to acquire any knowledge regarding the exam. Therefore, don’t forget to visit the official site to avoid any inconvenience. Now, lets move on to next preparatory step.
Understand Prince2 Practitioner exam Objectives
Furthermore, the second most important step in the preparatory guide is reviewing all the exam objectives. This helps candidates to understand the objectives of exam more clearly. Since this examination is a higher-level exam, therefore make sure that the foundation level exam is already qualified before appearing. However, this step also includes candidates awareness of other exam details as well.
Moreover, we recommend going through this step strongly. Now that you’ve acquired all the information about the exam and have reviewed all the exam objectives. Let’s move on to learning resources.
All Learning Resources
The third step in the preparatory guide is Learning Resources. Without learning resources your preparation is incomplete for obvious reasons. Moving on, towards different resources from where you can acquire all the knowledge to pass the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
PRINCE2.com provides all the relevant information regarding the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. It offers candidates with Virtual, Online & classroom mode to study from.
Furthermore, candidates can also go through various books as well. Moreover, we suggest going through the PRINCE2 manual. This manual covers all the topics related to the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
Join a Study Group
Next step in the preparatory guide is joining a study group. Well, exams can be hard and stressful. Therefore, our recommendation would be to join the study group. Without a doubt, the study groups will offer you the best environment to help clear your doubts. Moreover, this will also help you to keep going. As you could easily relate to other people’s journey since yours is the same.
Practice makes you perfect
Last but not least, PRINCE2 Practitioner Practice Exam or mock tests will help you build up your confidence. This last step will provide you with the exact insight of where you need to work on. Not only will this step offer you a clear insight into your preparation but also give you the room to improve. Therefore, our suggestion to you would be to go through the practice sets only when you’re thorough with your preparation. Unquestionably, start practising now!
A few experts’ tips can change the way you prepare. so, make sure you follow these expert tips to qualify the exam with great result.
- Firstly, Don’t try and do the last minutes prep. Try to organize your preparation and keep track of it.
- Furthermore, make sure the you have enrolled either in offline or online training course as well.
- After this, make sure that you have developed a clear understanding of each and every aspect of exam syllabus.
In conclusion, PRINCE2 certification is the perfect way to set in motion your career in Project Management. Being one of the most talked about certification and becoming one of the most desirable too, opens up an ample number of opportunities for candidates. So, our suggestion to you would be to prepare well. Since PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is the last step of the ladder to get PRINCE2 certified.
In case you still have any query related to PRINCE2 Practitioner exam, make sure to comment down below and we’ll be happy to help you. Till then, keep practicing!