Are you preparing for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam but uncertain about the exam format, and the kinds of questions that’ll be asked? Well with already a bundle of queries, it’ll obviously be very difficult to gather such details, including the exam format. Also, provided the innumerable sources of inauthentic data on the internet today, it becomes very troublesome to find the right details. So, to make things more convenient for you, we have provided below an elaborated AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam Format for the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam.
About the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam:
The AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is an entry-level certification and is in high demand in the market today. People aspiring to become renowned Cloud Professionals go for this certification, as their first step to their career. As per statistics, the Top-Paying IT Certifications report identifies the AWS Cloud Practitioner salary as one of the top ten best-paid IT certifications in the US, where the average base AWS cloud architect salary is approx $1,48,623. AWS This certification demonstrates your abilities and proficiency in cloud technology, in the following fields in particular –
- Firstly, understanding the value of the AWS Cloud.
- Secondly, understanding and explaining the AWS shared responsibility model.
- Then, understanding the AWS Cloud security best practices.
- Also, understanding the AWS Cloud costs, economics, and billing practices.
- Further, describing and positioning the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage.
- Finally, identifying the AWS services for common use cases.
AWS Cloud Practitioner Content Outline
Before you start preparing for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam, you must know the domains in which the maximum number of questions will be asked. This will help you divide your time in preparing for each domain. We highly recommend studying the domain with the maximum weightage first. This will increase your chances of passing the exam, as you will be able to answer the maximum number of questions if your strength is the domain with the highest number of questions. So below, we have listed each domain in decreasing order of their respective weightage.
As per AWS Cloud Practitioner’s latest updated Course Outline 2021
Domain 1: Cloud Concepts
- Define the AWS Cloud and its value proposition
- Identify aspects of AWS Cloud economics
- List the different cloud architecture design principles
Domain 2: Security and Compliance
- Define the AWS shared responsibility model
- Define AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts
- Identify AWS access management capabilities
- Identify resources for security support
Domain 3: Technology
- Define methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
- Define the AWS global infrastructure
- Identify the core AWS services
- Identify resources for technology support
Domain 4: Billing and Pricing
- Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS
- Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
- Identify resources available for billing support
AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam Format
First and foremost, knowing the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam format is very important to get your plan in mind. It can certainly help you do well in an exam. Moreover, knowing the kind of questions that will be asked, helps you manage your time with ease, during the exam. So, without further ado, let’s have a look at the exam format of the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam.
- The AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam comprises around 65-68 questions in total. Candidates will be given a total of 90 minutes to complete the examination.
- Also, for the convenience of candidates with different mother tongues, the exam will be offered in four different languages. Further these languages are- English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
- Moreover, two types of questions are asked in the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam, namely –
- Multiple Choice Questions: Such questions have only one correct response and the other three are incorrect responses (distractors).
- Multiple Response Questions: Such questions have two or more correct responses out of a total of five or more options.
- Negative Marking – In case the answer you marked is incorrect, there will be no negative marking. This means, that you can try guessing the correct answer. If your guesswork is right, you’ll end up scoring higher marks. If not, then there is no harm, as there is no penalty for wrong answers.
- Unscored Content – While giving your exam, you might come across certain unscored questions. Attempting or not attempting such questions will not affect your scores in any manner. These unscored questions are placed in the question paper only to gather statistical information.
Guide to Answering AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam Questions Efficiently
While answering these questions, it is advisable that the candidates choose the best response to the given question. Given the type of question, whether it’s a multiple-choice one or multiple responses one, you must decide which of the given options suits them best. However, choosing the best suitable answer might not be that easy, as it may seem to be. This is because the incorrect answers are framed in such a way that if you have incomplete knowledge or skill, you will end up choosing the incorrect answer. However, most of the questions will not be that tricky, and you’ll be able to answer them correctly after reading them carefully.
Step 1 – Review all the Possible Answers
Once you’ve read the question, take your time and carefully read each and every option given. You’ll get four to six options for one particular question. Make sure you don’t skip over any option, as it will help you make an informed decision.
Prepare with AWS Cloud Practitioner Study Guide
Step 2 – Eliminate the Answers that Appear Incorrect
Sometimes one or more options will appear to be completely out of the box. Look for possible answers that have “always,” “never,” and “none of the above” in them, as they are usually incorrect. You must eliminate such options, as this will save a lot of time, as you will not be pondering over such options in that case.
Step 3 – Look for an Answer that is Fully Addressing the Question
In case of options that are partly correct, you must give valid and chose the best suitable option that fully answers the aws cloud practitioner exam questions. However, in case of multi-response questions, where you can choose more than one options, you can choose the partly correct ones as well.
Step 4 – Answer the Questions in Order
This saves a lot of your time, especially in exams like the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam, which is timed and requires strict time management. You must work through each and every question one at a time. This will ensure that you answer all the questions.
Step 5 – Do Not Leave any Question Unanswered
Since there is no negative marking in the exam, it’ll be a wise decision to answer every AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam question. Try guessing the best suitable answers in case you lack enough knowledge. This will do no harm, and instead might increase your score, if your guesswork goes right.
Step 6 – Take the AWS Cloud Practitioner Online Course
The aim of this AWS Cloud Practitioner Online Course is to assist and prepare the candidates for the potential questions that the candidates can anticipate. Moreover, it provides a comprehensive summary of cloud theories, AWS services, architecture, security, and also support and pricing.
Step 7 – AWS Cloud Practitioner Tutorial
For a well-strategized preparation guide, candidates can refer to the AWS Cloud Practitioner Exam Tutorial, which is designed for aspiring candidates to help them with collecting suitable learning resources and online AWS Cloud Practitioner training to strengthen their grasp on cloud computing, and hence achieve excellence.
Step 8 – Take Practice Tests
The best way to familiarize yourself with the exam format of any exam is to take a sufficient number of AWS Cloud Practitioner Practice Exam. This will not only help you manage your time during the exam but will also improve your answering skills to a great extent.