Are you ready to take the next step in your career by becoming a AWS Certified Developer Associate? Looking for a quick recap with right study resource? Then you are definitely at the right place. We provide you with AWS Certified Developer Associate Cheat Sheet that offers a quick summary of the exam and its resources. This cheat sheet is easy to digest and really helpful in your last minute revisions.
Professional certifications make you job ready and provide a competitive edge. However, clearing such exams is not an easy feat. Neither is it quick. But it is worth the hard work and determination. Therefore, always remember that all incredible things need time. And to clear this exam the Cheat Sheet is all you need. But before everything else lets have a quick overview of the exam
AWS Certified Developer Associate: Exam Overview
AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam demonstrates your expertise in core AWS services, their uses, and basic AWS architecture’s best practices. This certification elevates your proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS. Further, the AWS Certified Developer Associate Examination (DVA-001) is primarily intended for individuals who perform a Developer role.
The AWS Certified Developer Associate Examination equips you with the following skills and knowledge-
- Firstly, demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Secondly, demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Thirdly, Application of AWS services and understanding the cloud-native applications in coding
- Further, Knowledge in maintaining and debugging code modules on AWS
- Then, Understanding the AWS core services, its use, and having the best practice in AWS architecture
- Also, Using AWS security best practice which includes IAM roles in coding
AWS Certified Developer Associate Prerequisites
AWS Certified Developer Associate exam is for individuals who perform a Developer role. It is important to have knowledge and experience in the following to be eligible for the exam:
- To begin with, more than 1 years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS based application
- Also, knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Further, knowledge of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Moreover, ability to develop, deploy, and debug cloud-based applications using AWS
- Then, proficiency to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Lastly, Ability to write code for serverless applications
Quick Cheat Sheet for AWS Certified Developer Associate
The level of preparation will determine how well will you perform in the exam. To ace the exam, you need to choose the best set of resources suited to your type and your level of understanding. This Cheat Sheet is your golden ticket to achieve the credential. Follow the steps and pass the exam with flying colours.
Review the Exam Objectives
The first step is to refer the exam objectives. You must visit the AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam Guide to gain clarity about the exam course. Moreover, Familiarising with the course concepts is indeed essential before beginning on with your revisions. The AWS Certified Developer Associate Course covers the following 5 domains-
Domain 1: Deployment
1.2 Deploy applications using Elastic Beanstalk (AWS Documentation: Deploying applications to Elastic Beanstalk environments, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
1.4 Deploy serverless applications (AWS Documentation: Deploying Serverless Applications)
Domain 2: Security
2.2 Implement encryption using AWS services (AWS Documentation: AWS cryptographic services and tools, AWS Encryption SDK, Encrypt and Decrypt Your Data with the AWS Encryption CLI)
2.3 Implement application authentication, and authorization (AWS Documentation: Authenticate Users into Your Apps Using Application Load Balancer and Centrify)
Domain 3: Development with AWS Services
3.1 Write code for serverless applications (AWS Documentation: Building a Serverless Application)
3.2 Translate functional requirements into application design (AWS Documentation: Amazon Translate, Translating your website or application automatically with Amazon Translate)
3.3 Implement application design into application code (AWS Documentation: Modern Application Development on AWS)
Domain 4: Refactoring
4.1 Optimize application to best use AWS services and features (AWS Documentation: AWS Compute Optimizer, Optimizing application performance with Amazon CodeGuru Profiler)
4.2 Migrate existing application code to run on AWS (AWS Documentation: Migrating your Existing Applications to the AWS Cloud, AWS Migration)
Domain 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting
5.1 Write code that can be monitored (AWS Documentation: Automated and manual monitoring)
Quick Links to Learning Resources
Passing the exam can be easy if you choose the right set of resources for yourself. Make sure the content is precise and reliable enough. The resources that you’ll pick will determine how well you prepare and pass the exam. So, you need to be very careful while choosing your preparatory resources. There are numerous resources which you can choose from. Here we provide you quick links to some of the highly suggested resources that will definitely help your revisions.
AWS Exam Readiness
AWS offers Exam Readiness for the AWS Certified Developer Associate Training in three different formats –
- Firstly, Classroom training – It is a physical or virtual classroom to train candidates with an AWS-accredited instructor
- Secondly, Free digital training – It is an online training platform for candidates to schedule their sessions at their convenience.
- Also, Free webinars – These webinars include presentations from AWS-accredited instructors. This is followed by a live Q&A session.
Online Training Course
Online Training Courses help you gain hands-on expertise. They provide knowledge on the fundamentals of identifying AWS service. Moreover, they help you learn the quirks of the syllabus. Some of the Courses offered are:
- AWS Technical Essentials
- Developing on AWS
- Advanced Developing on AWS
Books your go-to resource
AWS recommends some verified books for the ones seeking to take its certification exam. These books are designed to help you grasp a firm proficiency in AWS administration.
- Firstly, All in One AWS Certified Developer Associate Exam Guide
- Secondly, AWS for Developers for dummies
- Also, AWS Development Essentials
- Then, AWS Certified Developer Associate Guide: An Effective Guide for Developers
AWS Certified Developer Associate White Papers
AWS team offers several whitepapers, in order to enhance your technical knowledge. These whitepapers are produced exclusively by the AWS team, analysts, and other AWS partners.
Here is a list of some highly recommended whitepapers by AWS
- Firstly, Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- Secondly, AWS Security Best Practices
- Thirdly, Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes
- Subsequently, AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Moreover, Development and Test on AWS
- Further, Backup and Recovery Approaches Using AWS
- Also, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Connectivity Options
Online Tutorials and Study Guide
The best way to enhance your knowledge is by referring Online Tutorials. These Tutorials provide in depth understanding about the exam and its concepts. Additionally, it also covers exam details and policies. Therefore learning with Online Tutorials will result in strengthening your preparation. Moreover, Study Guides will be your support throughout your journey towards the AWS exam. These guides will help you stay consistent and determined.
Evaluate yourself with Practice Test
Lastly, AWS Certified Developer Associate Practice Exams or mock tests can be one of the advantageous tools which can back you up for the exam. Practice or mock tests are somewhat similar to the actual exam. Moreover, the main aim of designing practice tests is to provide the candidate with the real exam environment. Thus, going through practice tests helps you find your strengths and iron out your weaknesses. They make you understand the areas you’re lacking behind and work upon them. Most importantly, make sure that you are going through practice tests once you have gone through the whole syllabus. It will help you in your evaluating your performance as well as building your confidence. Ready to evaluate yourself, try free official practice test here!