ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt is a gold standard in quality professional certification which adheres to ISO 17024 Standard, and must be renewed by demonstrating continued competency. ASQ certifications are globally recognized, these are endorsed by more than 125 companies around the world. The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who can explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including supporting systems and tools. A Black Belt should demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics and assign team member roles and responsibilities.
Certifications like these bring in a plethora of high paying career options to choose from. The preparation for any exam is no less than a job. Lots of hard work, determination and consistency are required day in day out to achieve this credential. Our Study Guide will help you to have a smooth journey towards your exam.
Skills Acquired : ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt
The ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt Certified professional should be able to –
- Firstly, Explain Six Sigma philosophies, related principles including supporting systems and tools.
- Secondly, Understand its team dynamics and should demonstrate team leadership
- Then, Define and assign roles and responsibilities to its team members
- Also, Define benchmarking
- Further, Understand various financial and other business performance measures.
- Moreover, Identify customer requirements and describe the impact that six sigma projects can have on various types of customers.
ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt professional are required to have basic knowledge of lean enterprise concepts together with the ability to identify non-value-added elements and activities so as to facilitate the use of specific tools. Apart from that ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt requires following experience for the certification:
- To begin with, Two completed projects with signed affidavits, or
- Then, One completed project with a signed affidavit and three years of work experience, in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge.
Study Guide for ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt
We shall now begin elaborating the Study Guide for ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam. It is extremely important to have all the exam preparation resources with the study guide to excel in the exam. This Study Guide keeps you loaded with the right resources and bridges the gap for your dream job. This guide is surely your way ahead to crack the exam and pass it with flying colours
Review Exam Objectives
Firstly, the course objectives should be very clear in your mind. You need to have complete understanding of all the concepts to achieve this credential. Therefore, we recommend you to refer the official guide for ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt exam before commencing your preparations. Devote enough time to each of the exam domains. This exam covers the following domains:
- Firtsly, Domain 1- Organization-Wide Planning and Deployment (Questions 12)- This domain covers the Organization-wide Considerations. It focuses on Six Sigma, lean, and continuous improvement methodologies. Then, relationships among business systems and processes. Also,strategic planning and deployment for initiatives. Further, Leadership – Roles and responsibilities and organizational roadblocks and change management.
- Secondly, Domain 2- Organizational Process Management and Measures –This domain includes the impact on Stakeholders, Benchmarking and Business Measures.
- Thirdly, Domain 3- Team Management- This domain majorly focuses on the Team Formation and Team Facilitation. Also, on Team Dynamics and Team Training.
- Then, Domain 4- Define- This domain covers the Voice of the Customer, Business Case
and Project Charter. Then, Project Management (PM) Tools and Analytical Tools
- Further, Domain 5- Measure It includes the topics like process Characteristics, Data Collection and Measurement Systems. Then basic Statistics, Probability and Process Capability
- Moreover, Domain 6- Analyze-It focuses on Measuring and Modeling Relationships Between Variables. Also, Hypothesis Testing, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Additional Analysis Methods
- Also, Doamin 7- Improve-This domain includes Design of Experiments (DOE), Lean Methods and Implementation.
- Additionally, Doamin 8- Control –This domain mostly covesr the concepts of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Other Controls. Also, Maintain Controls and Sustain Improvements.
- Lastly, Domain 9- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Framework and Methodologies –It includes topics like Common DFSS Methodologies, Design for X (DFX) and Robust Designs
Explore learning resources
Passing the exam can be easy if you choose the right set of resources for yourself. Make sure the content is precise and reliable enough. The resources that you’ll pick will determine how well you prepare and pass the exam. So, you need to be very careful while choosing the preparatory resources. Here is a list of resources to choose from:
Exam Simulator Questions Bank
ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt provides sample exam questions based on the Certified ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt BOK. You can use the question sets in two different modes — Exam simulation or review mode.
Learn with Books
Books have always been a golden resource for the preparation of any exam. Books specifically designed for this exam brings in depth understanding of the key concepts of the course. ASQ provides two different sets of handbooks to ease your exam preparation process and also to help you in appearing for the open book exam. The handbooks are as follows:
- ASQ CSSBB HandBook: Can be used in your open book exam.
- ASQ CSSBB Study Guide: This is a basic book for those preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
Discover Classroom Training
The participants of ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt classroom are already practising Black Belts who want to refresh their knowledge and skills, they will need a hand-held, electronic calculator (such as TI-30Xa) for the course. The format of this course is an instructor-led traditional classroom and includes classroom-based instruction involving the highest level of instructor/student interaction. The classroom-style training is provided in two formats.
Firstly, Web-based self paced
This course is web-based and self-paced. It includes internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations, and quizzes. This course does not teach but rather reviews concepts in the handbook. These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
These Virtual courses are for Black Belts, individuals supporting Six Sigma projects, and/or individuals looking to achieve their ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt certification. Use of real-world examples and activities are done, this course is designed to help you prepare for the ASQ CSSBB certification exam. This course reviews concepts in the CSSBB BoK. ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting. On-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings, and even course customization.
Go for Group Training
This initiative of ASQ provides an on-site training facility for the organization. You as an employer can train and update your employees as per your own schedule. This also minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs. This ensures ASQ – Six Sigma Black Belt certification as mass level.
Join Communities for better discusisions
myASQ communities are utilized for networking, sharing content, and peer-to-peer learning. Some of these communities are gated and are determined by your member profile. Membership in technical and geographic communities are included or can be added to an ASQ membership. Online forums and study groups play a critical role in preparing for an exam. They help you learn from the experts. Also online forums are fruitful as they connect you with other candidates appearing for the same. This collaboration is really beneficial in your preparations as they provide valuable insights about the exam and also bring clarity to your doubts.
Attempt Practice Test to self-evaluate
Practice makes a man perfect and therefore attempting practice tests is of real significance in your journey towards the exam. These practice tests help you evaluate your preparations and assess your weaker areas. They provide a real time exam environment to check your accuracy and speed. Attempt multiple practice tests to improve and excel. So, Start Practising Now and boost your confidence!